Sign in to follow this  
Lox Lego

Rezvani Beast w/ sidewinder doors

There aren’t many outrageously aggressive road-legal track-day cars that are made in America, but there are a few. One of them is the new Rezvani Beast. The body itself is a combination of mean looks and aerodynamic dominance that provides just the right amount of downforce to keep this 500-horse “beast” on all fours.

The body is designed specifically to allow air flow from the front air intakes, through the front wheel wells, into the inlets for the engine intake, and finally out the diffuser in the rear. The car distinguishes itself from all others with the sidewinder doors.

31390681767_5f30ff0263_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

You may be wondering why I designed this car with such complicated features, in yellow with such limited parts? Well, this is the last supercar I had on my list with an outrageous door. I have been on a mission to create as many different doors with RC over the years and this one I have contemplated designing since the beginning. The shape of the car did seem similar to some Technic pieces and I was totally up to the challenge to design working RC sidewinder doors. (which were extremely difficult BTW)

32445630618_9f8ed1e7a0_b.jpgExclusive 2 - Rezvani Beast Alpha - sticker pack by @mlinestickers by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

After many failed attempts at the doors, the body work and the whole car in general, I was about to give up. Many times through the build. Most poeple that saw the WIP photos kept wonder 1 thing.... why is this guy still building this car?! It is a true labour of love to start and finish a 1:8 supercar. To all the builder and MOCers out there I want to remind you, even when things are getting too tough to move on, remember this is Lego after all and anything is possible!  

32457622628_016dedb907_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This scale model sports 2 RC sidewinder doors each controlled by their own M-motors, 2 XL-motors for drive, 1 servo motor for steering, 14 PF lights total, 1 Lipo battery, 1 Sbrick to power all the functions with your phone, 5 inline engine, working steering wheel, F1 style pushrod suspension front and rear, opening hood and engine lid. The aggressive styling and complex design was a real challenge.

Check out @rezvanimotors and like them on instagram and facebook.

32451448628_c57d5037b8_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha back end blues by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Sticker package courtesy @mlinestickers - the best quality stickers in the game!

46329691601_3f18d187a8_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Photo overlay:

46279414662_1b9ceda055_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Chrome exhaust, door handles and rims coutesy https://store.bricklink.com/Bubul check him out!!

Flickr photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxqg7wE

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loxlego/

44513048430_b229062dde_b.jpgRezvani Beast Alpha by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I've been thinking about and designing this car for years... so glad I stuck with it and completed it.

thelegocarblog write up: https://thelegocarblog.com/2018/12/15/beast-mode/

Edited by Lox Lego

Congrats on finishing this challenging build.  The preserverance paid off as I think you did a great job replicating the forward opening doors, capturing the crazy hard angles of the real car, and all within the limits of the yellow palette.  

14 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Jimmeny Christmas that is a good looking vehicle.  Congrats on finishing.....

Thanks @nerdsforprez - 

6 hours ago, KD123 said:

Congrats on finishing this challenging build.  The preserverance paid off as I think you did a great job replicating the forward opening doors, capturing the crazy hard angles of the real car, and all within the limits of the yellow palette.  

Cheers @KD123! Definitely an odd share to the car in so many areas. Yellow was actually a good colour to use as it had just enough connectors to add shape - unlike the lack of connectors in Dark azure or dark blue.   

11 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Awesome model! Did you see whether it can be blue?

The medium sized panels on this car aren’t avail in blue unfortunately, otherwise I believe all other parts are avail. I wish I could have done it in the original blue! This car can however be built in white or black. 

Good representation of an interesting car. Usually not a fan of stickers, but they look very professional. I don't like the ones in the rear section though as they seem to be hanging off of the edges.

Thanks for making this car popular and known to us! Superb color scheme, I love the yellow & black combo + the stickers suit very well! Innovative door mechanism and as always - fantastic front and rear lights! But as usually, I´m not so happy about the side view and especially the wheel arches. Anyway, you have accomplished something you were striving for a long time and that´s most important :thumbup:.

You just keep pumping out cool models.  The last time I made a "Lox compilation render" it had 6 of your masterpieces, but I suspect it has become significantly out of date by now.  Let me know if you want me to update it with any of the new models.