Elostirion

[ESL FB] Maize and Waterfowl on Lake Myzec

45414525155_55bbe6e383_c.jpg

On Cascadia the people of Myzectlan (the island's indigenous people) have found a way to cultivate Lake Myzec.
On their chinampas they farm maize and sweet potatoes, among other crops.

In this scene two Myzec farmers are about to hunt down a colourful waterfowl, which together with the harvested
maize will make for a great meal.

45603711244_5a2482da64_c.jpg

A small contribution to the Daily Life Challenge of the Myzec.

I have borrowed the Chinampa frame idea from here.

These are, by the way, the trees which @Ayrlego mentioned in his fantastic boat yard.

The licensing should definitely be as a small plantation, however I am not sure if I will license it myself or sell to Myzectlan.

Als in the first version the MOC still had a prebuilt canoe and a white frame... Much happier with what it is now.

Spoiler

44433041690_04d4ae405f_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Wonderful scene! I really like the trees and the maize (I will likely steal borrow both at some point), and kudos for going the extra mile by having a brick-built canoe. It really enhances the build. Well done! :thumbup:

Great vig, the fence around the plot of land looks great and the twisted trunks of the little trees are very effective!

Great Chinampa Elos, I love the design and also have Blufiji's chinampa bookmarked for the future!

One thing I haven't been able to work out is how you did the spacing between the tiles and rods. Also, are the rods held in place by anything? Or just wedged? The best I can come up with is jumper plates inter-spaced by 1x1 plates, but the spacing is a bit off and I'm not sure how viable the method is for an actual MOC.

Love the trees which I shamelessly copied (and have ordered more technic spokes). The use of the brown horns to create the twisted look is also something I'll replicate just as soon as I can get my hands on some! The brick built canoe does look better, and I prefer the black base as well.

In all, exactly what I had in mind for the chinampas of Lake Myzec! Thanks for bringing it to life, fantastic work!

Small instruction for how I did the Chinampa @Ayrlego:

Spoiler

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Next one is the hard part, getting started... you need to elevate the corner a bit so that gravity holds the first parts in place.

04.jpg

05.jpg

The more are in there, the better they stand and stick together.

Once the "circle" is complete it holds perfectly. Really no need for any kind of connectors.

Actually that was what the whole MOC started with, all the rest (trees, plants, water, canoe, border, minifigs, and so on) only came after, and not a single time did the construction fall apart.

Thank you very much for the very positive comments @Kai NRG, @Capt Wolf, @Bodi, @Ayrlego. :-) 

And as usual feel free to copy whatever you want to. That's what a MOCing community is for. Looking forward to some more chinampas.

Just now, Elostirion said:

Small instruction for how I did the Chinampa @Ayrlego:

So simple.... I would never have got it! Thanks for the instructions! Now, I wonder if I can build my own chinampa before the end of the week?!?

Nice chinampa! Interesting to see the behind the scenes as well. That's a great way to pick up things from other builders. Even though the MOC is relatively small, there are lots of cool things packed in here, like the use of brown horns and wizard wand for the bow and the trans-clear cheese slopes to makes the waves around the boat. Neat :thumbup: .

I like the aquatic bird design, and I never knew there was a bow that didn't already have an arrow on it!

Really nice little one, with full of good ideas ! (the chinampa already discussed, thanks for the building technic, will borrow)

I add that your islander minifig are really cute (the 2 magical wands :thumbup: )

The water bird is excellent !