Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] RNTC Terraman le Gaillard

M. Duchene is a former merchant navy captain, he lost his ship during a tempest and since then, he lived in a miniscule log cabin several miles from the town of Eltina, in abject poverty. His neighbours used to call him "captain shipwreck".

One day, while wandering in the beach, he found a month old newspaper, and his interest was aroused by a recruitment headline "The RNTC is looking for experienced captains". He said to himself "So maybe there is hope for me yet" 

He returned at his cabin and soon went out again, heading to the town.

A few hours later, he came in front of a large building, flying the colours of RNTC, but to be totally sure, he asked a sailor passing-by if it was the RNTC office at Eltina.

Unexpectedly, the RNTC officials were quite satisfied of M.Duchene's resume, and he received the commission of a newly-built Terraman, le Gaillard. 

Unlike the warships of la Royale, the Terramen of the RNTC are designed for the transportation of goods, these vessels do not have spardecks in their hold to have all the space available. The first deck doesn't carry artillery, the second deck carries a battery of reduced caliber and the forecastle is not armed.

So, we see here le Gaillard at dock.

The captain Duchene is discussing with a RNTC officer, and a young aristocrat who will share the cabin with him during the trip.

And a geologist is about to board with his assistant, and a pile of cases full of samples.

o9trge.jpg

IqW2lD.jpg

A rear view.

To be licensed as a class 7 Terraman.

Vive le Roi!

Everybody and their dogs getting medals and titles, a shipwrecked nobody suddenly commanding a class 7 ... Oleon really does not care about qualifications, does it?! :pir-grin:

Seriously though: a serious of nicely done builds, illustrating the story well. The ship itself is of course just amazing! Loving the "playability" as well as the realistic look, and the accessible lower deck is lovely (including true-to-Lego-style false colour bricks used :pir-sweet: ).

Very well done! :thumbup:

That's a great way to present a boat...  Good story!   The jewel is the ship it's quite impressive...  I like the way you included the side cargo holes

I love this ship! :wub:  The proportions, the little details like the various portholes and the hatch door, the understated decorations, and some clever piece usage in places. Wonderful! :thumbup:

Wonderful ship !! The hatch doors , the shaping, This stern is killer !

I'm very jealous of your captain outfit, I spent hours rustling Harry Potter polybags to found One-eye moody just coming empty-ha ! :wall:

I like the ship, but I hate you !!! :damn:

A very beautiful ship !

I like the proportions you gave to it. Very well done ! And that stern is excellent !

Great job !:thumbup:

Colours, rigging, design and story all very well done. I agree with the rest, you are a truly gifted shipbuilder :pir-sweet:

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Oleon really does not care about qualifications, does it?!

Or maybe he was a relative of the HR director, who knows. Glad you like my ship.

15 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

That's a great way to present a boat...  Good story!   The jewel is the ship it's quite impressive...  I like the way you included the side cargo holes

Thank you mate. 

15 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I love this ship! :wub:  The proportions, the little details like the various portholes and the hatch door, the understated decorations, and some clever piece usage in places. Wonderful! :thumbup:

Glad you like it Captain. 

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wonderful ship !! The hatch doors , the shaping, This stern is killer !

I'm very jealous of your captain outfit, I spent hours rustling Harry Potter polybags to found One-eye moody just coming empty-ha ! :wall:

I like the ship, but I hate you !!! :damn:

Thank you Thaum, but you won't get my One-eye Moody, I hid it on top of the shelf.:tongue:

You could try to find him from online vendors though, it seems that they always managed to be luckier than us.

8 hours ago, Faladrin said:

A very beautiful ship !

I like the proportions you gave to it. Very well done ! And that stern is excellent !

Great job !:thumbup:

Thank you Faladrin, glad to see you again.

6 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Colours, rigging, design and story all very well done. I agree with the rest, you are a truly gifted shipbuilder :pir-sweet:

Not that gifted:pir-grin:, look at my first attempt at shipbuilding 3 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Bodi said:

You could try to find him from online vendors though, it seems that they always managed to be luckier than us.

@Professor Thaum: He is actually quite cheap on Bricklink. To be fair: the cheapest French store sells him for a little bit more than the original polybag price. But there are cheaper alternatives from Germany and the Netherlands available.