While not much of a foodie myself, I really love the idea of building food with LEGO bricks. This is my first (official) attempt at making food with bricks! Some waffles topped with butter and berries, drizzled with some maple syrup. The poor glass of milk is out of focus. 

I would really love some feedback on this. :classic: Do you think the maple syrup looks okay? Should the plate be square instead of circle to avoid the jagged edges?

Thanks!

46311085581_d012e3a8e9_b.jpg

So I knew I was in for a Lego model, but at first sight I immediately asked myself: "why is half of it with real berries and stuff?" I then got a friend to look at the picture unprepared, and she could not believe it was Lego at all when I told her - at least for a moment. :thumbup:

WOW! *oh2*

Expertly done, and looking so yummy! The photography is perfect as well, the out-of-focus milk glass is just right. Brilliant!

Looks great, especially the raspberries and the shape of the waffles!

8 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

I would really love some feedback on this. :classic: Do you think the maple syrup looks okay? Should the plate be square instead of circle to avoid the jagged edges?

I think the maple syrup works quite well as it is.  On the plate, you could try building the plate with the bricks on their side, which would allow you to use roof slopes and curved slopes to get a more rounded look.

I was aghast at the thought that you had poured syrup on your MOC, until I spotted the studs on the puddle! Excellent model!

Wow, this looks so delicious, it makes me feel hungry... :drool: The waffles are shaped up greatly, the berries look very realistic and the way the syrup flows is very convincing as the rendering! About the plate, I agree with @Kristel... 

5 hours ago, Kristel said:

I think the maple syrup works quite well as it is.  On the plate, you could try building the plate with the bricks on their side, which would allow you to use roof slopes and curved slopes to get a more rounded look.

That's a good idea, I'll definitely try that for my next one :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Drunknok said:

So I knew I was in for a Lego model, but at first sight I immediately asked myself: "why is half of it with real berries and stuff?" I then got a friend to look at the picture unprepared, and she could not believe it was Lego at all when I told her - at least for a moment. :thumbup:

WOW! *oh2*

Expertly done, and looking so yummy! The photography is perfect as well, the out-of-focus milk glass is just right. Brilliant!

Oh my. I didn't expect anyone to think it's not LEGO...

But I am thrilled nonetheless! :grin:

On 12/14/2018 at 12:30 PM, ExeSandbox said:

Very realistic and interesting creation! Since you asked for feedback I will give you my opinion for what its worth. :laugh: I do think a square plate would be better indeed, since it would be much smoother, just like the waffles. 

I think the maple suryp works well. It looks like the real thing.

what pieces did you use to make the waffles?

overall, great MOC well executed.

Andy D

19 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

This is great! Took me a minute to realize what the raspberries actually were. Great build!

Thanks! :excited:

1 hour ago, Andy D said:

I think the maple suryp works well. It looks like the real thing.

what pieces did you use to make the waffles?

overall, great MOC well executed.

Andy D

Thank you! 

For the waffles, I just used a variety of sloped bricks, regular 1 stud wide bricks, with some plates and tiles. 

This is a great build, very clever.  I love the idea, and the execution is very realistic.  The photography makes it look like a real menu item at a diner.  Now I'm hungry.

Great work!

The photography is brilliant. I knew it wasn't really food, but my eyes kept wanting to believe it was until I zoomed in and gave them evidence. :thumbup:

Wow, the syrup is very clever, I wouldn't have expected that color to be used but it looks perfect! Altogether great work, the waffles are very real looking, the only thing I might have done different is the syrup poured from out of the picture.  Maybe better take away the antenna piece and just leave it so it's already been poured, other than that I don't see much to improve, although of course it would be wished as you said that the plate could be more round. Awesome! 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:05 AM, The_Chosen_1 said:

This is great! Took me a minute to realize what the raspberries actually were. Great build!

I was the same way, this model looks fantastic