Sign in to follow this  
doug72

TrixBrix R24 curved track

No - no experience. But that is one narrow-*bleep* curve. It looks like something that only trolleys or something very similar would be able to negotiate.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

I can imagine some cute MOCs with a short train running in a circle around some nice scenery in middle. Maybe a Christmas train running around a Christmas tree, or a western theme with some buildings. Kind of like some of the pizza box themes you see in other model railroading scales. 

What is a GBC Type 2?  If it uses the standard train motor then it should work.  According to Trixbrix:  Please note that the R24 curved tracks are very tight and work best with Lego 60051 and Lego 7938 passenger trains. Other, more rigid setups might derail.    60051 and 7938 use the standard train motor.

5 hours ago, dr_spock said:

What is a GBC Type 2?  

Akiyuki Type 2 train with PF switch for for use GBC Train modules.
I know about Trixbrix mention about tight radius but reluctant to buy any until can find out if a fixed wheelbase of 11L will go round the tight curve. 

Most people buying 3rd party curves tend to go for larger radii rather than smaller, so you may not get a definitive answer based on experience. However, an R24 curve is getting on for half the radius of the standard R40 curve. I would say that a fixed 11L wheelbase would be too long to successfully negotiate them. Could you not consider using bogies rather than fixed axles?

3 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Akiyuki Type 2 train with PF switch for for use GBC Train modules.
I know about Trixbrix mention about tight radius but reluctant to buy any until can find out if a fixed wheelbase of 11L will go round the tight curve. 

The LEGO narrow gauge tracks are R24.  Assuming the geometry scales up to the same on the normal track width, with a 11L wheelbase, the flanges on the train wheels are rubbing hard against the rails.  I can push it through the curve without derailing.  You could have traction issues if the motorized car isn't weighed down sufficiently.   A 7L wheel base rolls through much easier though.

R24track.jpg

Thanks for the input - looks like it won’t work.
I was hoping to replace this track configuration which use narrow gauge track and flexible hoses.

45612433794_9feeeb2634.jpg

Train unit cannot be altered as its the standard for use on the Lego GBC Train system

45612433394_26ae7f82d4_m.jpg

Edited by Doug72