Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[MOC] Botanic Mansion

Somewhere in England, in a rather peculiar mansion, lives a rather wealthy gentleman with a passion for plants... 

31348911207_7bb40e4260_b.jpg

I didn't feel like writing an elaborate backstory. :tongue: This creation was built specifically for a collaborative steampunk display at LEGO World Utrecht 2018, see the pictures below. I'm not a big fan of steampunk so I decided to build something that would fit in with Victorian/Renaissance/steampunk spirit. This was my first attempt at the genre, as well as my first attempt at building a modular. The building breaks apart in three sections of 32x32 studs. I was ambitious and tried to do an interior for the first and second floor of the house section, but ultimately ran out of time to work it out. Moreover, I didn't have the pieces to make the floors and roof come off easily, so it's far from a true modular. Nevertheless, I'm happy with how the exterior turned out; it was a great practice in building architectural features. Pics of the collab:

30636736467_26ee8c845f_c.jpg

43760519440_9a2cb95455_z.jpg 

(Botanic greenhouse by BrickRebel)

That's it, thanks for looking! C&C appreciated! :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

No excuses required - it looks great both by itself and as part of the collab! I particularly like the main skylight and the trim above the front door.

Looks great, I just love its color scheme and the unfinished look it has! :classic: The greenhouse on the back is probably my favorite part though, I just love the way you used those big transparent pieces and how luxury it looks! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Kristel said:

No excuses required - it looks great both by itself and as part of the collab! I particularly like the main skylight and the trim above the front door.

Thanks, Kristel! I used UCS Snowspeeder cockpits for the skylight.

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Looks great, I just love its color scheme and the unfinished look it has! :classic: The greenhouse on the back is probably my favorite part though, I just love the way you used those big transparent pieces and how luxury it looks! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thank you! As said, the greenhouse is by BrickRebel though, not by me. :wink:

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a gorgeous botanic garden ...I love it! :wub:

Me too! I was really happy with how well both of our builds matched up. :classic: 

On 12/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, carebear said:

the colors work great!

Love this!

Great Build!

Greetings!

:classic: Thank you! 

Looks lovely. The only thing that seems to be missing is a big ground level door as it would often be found on greenhouses/ aboretums/ orangeries to move stuff in and out.

Mylenium