Adraen

[MOC LDD] Midi Nebulon-B Frigate

Hi everyone !

You know, I've always loved the Nebulon-B Frigate, and it's absence from TLG sets always saddened me. I know there are some very good MOCs of it out there, like mortesv's, but those are way too big and expansive for me, so I had to turn myself to the size that I love the most, the Midi.

Problem is, I wasn't too happy with the already existing ones at that size, so I decided to make one myself, and this is the result. Be aware that I am a very inexperienced builder, so even if I personally think that I did a decent job (which is the case) it might not be the case...

31354191687_93f35ff0a0_c.jpgNebulon-B Frigate by Adraen Clirio, sur Flickr

32421229128_71a4653e89_c.jpgNebulon-B Side by Adraen Clirio, sur Flickr

(Please ignore the disgusting rendering on that last one, Pov-ray apparently didn't want to cooperate...)

You can find more pictures on my Flickr, I'll also gladly listen to any of your critics and would be happy to answer any question :)

Very interesting version and I think you did a good job at that scale. I would maybe have added a tiny bit of additional greebling on the front face of the read module but this is it.

Good build anyway.

Would you agree to share the LDD file ?

2 hours ago, Veynom said:

I would maybe have added a tiny bit of additional greebling on the front face of the read module but this is it.

Well, I admit the rear section would definitely need some more greebling, the front too to be fair, but I'm not exactly the best when it comes to that...

2 hours ago, Veynom said:

Would you agree to share the LDD file ?

Oh of course, don't know why I didn't put it in the first post

There you go : http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ysc74h6pzv3433/Neb_B_v3.lxf/file

20 hours ago, Adraen said:

Be aware that I am a very inexperienced builder

For your first published MOC here on EB, this is amazing! You have captured the shape and the essence of this iconic frigate, and even though there's not a lot of greebling and other details, it's still very accurate and well done, especially at this scale. Rendering is always tricky, but it's good enough that it presented your MOC very well.

Now, build a whole fleet at this scale… :wink: 

Just now, Lamborghini Waffle Sauce said:

For your first published MOC here on EB, this is amazing!

Technically, this is my second MOC though it is my first Star Wars one, but thank you anyway :sweet:

Now, build a whole fleet at this scale… :wink:

Let's not be too hasty there... (although I do admit the idea is tempting :grin:)

Just now, Adraen said:

Let's not be too hasty there... (although I do admit the idea is tempting :grin:)

It's always a daunting task. Even if you don't, I eagerly await to see what else you build.

As a certain political assembly once said, "We will watch your career with great interest."

I eagerly await to see what else you build

Might go with the gr-75 and/or Hammerhead corvette, I love those...

Alright folks, Update Time !

I've added a bit of greebling to the engine section, as it needed it quite badly in fact (the link above has been updated)

And finally, my orders have arrived ! (except for the two sand green 2x2 tiles, which will someday arrive or, you know, get sent even though there's like a 5 hours cartrip from my house to the vendor's, but I'm sure I don't have to explain to you how Bricklink works...)

Anyhow, here's some pictures of it finally in real life :)

46471827262_7710555669_c.jpgNebulon-B Frigate v3 by Adraen Clirio, sur Flickr

46471819552_3fd3138a20_c.jpgNebulon-B Frigate v3 back by Adraen Clirio, sur Flickr

46524037781_be1bcf6cfd_c.jpgNebulon-B Frigate v3 Front by Adraen Clirio, sur Flickr

Oh, and do try to ignore the ugly white stand, I don't have much transparent bricks so I kinda do how I can (better all - or most of it - white than raibow-colored)

And as a final present cause I've been painfully reminded of the horrible instructions generator that comes with LDD, I made a file where I broke the model down into several easier to build modules that you can then assemble (which I'm sure you'll figure out how)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmmzqt2i2482vu4/Neb_B_v3_inst2.lxf/file

That's all for me, have a happy new year (soon) !