Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Conclusion: Save and Quit

45489114562_87b138b0fd_b.jpg

Conclusion: Save and Quit

31341338267_141fd93e56_b.jpg

The remaining cosplayers gathered around Lady K, cosplaying as the Eleventh Doctor, pointing an acquisitor finger at her. "She's scum!" The crowd jeers. "We've got this figured out!" Kintobor turned to Lady K. 

"Well, do you have any last words, Lady K?" Lady K grinned eagerly.

"Oh, yes, I do."

31341337667_c282b2a7b7_b.jpg

Lady K pulled out a sci-fi blaster, pointing it at Sakura's head! "I'm getting out of here, and I'm taking Sakura hostage! If the nano machines in our heads have stopped working, then I can leave, and none of you are stopping me!"

"Well said, Lady K, well- wait, what! No, put that blaster down at once!" Kintobor shouted. Lady K sneered. 

"This is it, Kintobor! This has gone on far enough! I'm getting out of here with my head intact!" The group stood back, but one figure in the crowd wasn't going to have any of this.

31341337387_1f527be99b_b.jpg

fhomess, cosplaying as Chell, pulled out a stick from their shirt. "Absolutely not! This ends here, and now! I haven't nailed any scummos yet, but I will this time! In the Garda de Vida, or whatever that killing spell is!" Bolts of light spilled out of the wand and towards Lady K! With a sharp shriek, Lady K was thrashed by powerful magic, sending the gun out of her hand and her body to the ground!

31341337237_6d9680c501_b.jpg

Lady K breathed her last breath as the Doctor. "Huh. I thought there'd be a rousing speech. The Doctor tends to have one before they die. I suppose I should also award ten points to Gryffindor for effectively and sneakily saving my cohost." Kintobor commented.

"I can't believe I didn't get offed earlier." Stickfig, cosplaying as Hera Syndulla, commented. "Figured I'd be offed earlier, and in a more brutal fashion."

"Well... That's it. Good game, Town. By my calculations, that's all of the mafia members dead." Kintobor congratulated the remaining cosplayers. "It looks like you've won my game. Congratulations! I'll have to go and unlock the door and give you this shiny trophy, as promised."

31341337007_2a0a6495fc_b.jpg

"But wait!" Asphalt, cosplaying as the Joker, exclaimed. "There's still one mystery we haven't solved! I've figured out who everyone's alignment is, as well as everyone's identity, but who is Sakura?" Kintobor merely laughed, shaking his head cheekily.

"Oh, that's an easy one to answer, Asphalt. Hey, Sakura? Game's over. Mind taking that oversized, mask off?" Sakura gingerly nodded, lifting her hands to her mask and adjusting it, tilting it back and lifting it up, revealing...

45556435924_6a704ed371_b.jpg

"Sup, winners." Karie smiled. "Forgot all about me, didn't you?"

"Oh, Karie! You trickster!" Kintobor wagged his finger at his cohost as everyone laughed together in victory! Truly, this was a most surprising turn of events!

"Now how do we get out?" Bob, cosplaying as Superman, asked.

---

32408468318_bc2250721b_b.jpg

Congratulations to the Town for winning Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia, and particularly to our survivors, Stickfig, Bob, Asphalt, and fhomess! Well played!

And thank you to the rest of our players for participating! I hope you all had fun! I'll have some more comments to say once I have a more stable internet connection, but for the time being I will post the Night Log and role list I was keeping during the game detailing all the night actions and who had which role. If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to make them as I'll take them into account for the next game I host. Until then, keep your friends close, and those who you suspect of being scum closer! -Kintobor

46230162072_7d6cc648dd_c.jpg

Congrats Town! That was an interesting night  log!

Thank you for hosting a great game Kintobor!    :sweet:

Congratulations to Town for the win.  

Fun game, Kintober!  I have plenty of thoughts on the game, so I'll write them up in the near future.  For now, I'll just say that I think the scum team did a fine job of keeping us guessing.

Great game @Kintobor!

@Asphalt you were the last person I thought would be the investigator. I'm not sure if you would have looked scummy in my eyes had I been town, but you certainly flew under my radar when I was scum. Well done!

Woohoo! I have to agree with LMF and say that was a fantastic game. I had no clue how many scum their were so I was quite worried on day 5 not knowing if that could have been our last night. I guess I was pretty popular on night 5. I'm curious as to why fhomess survived night 2. It doesn't seem as if LMF was blocked or anything so I am interested in what happened there. Hope to see the scum board soon. 

First off excellent game Kintober :thumbup:, as well as the overall story the pics were really good and everything was on time and ran smoothly.

Looking back at that spreadsheet... Dam! Looks like I got played by my own role there, when I saw there was no night kill on the day 2, I arrogantly though I'd caught the scum killer (fhommes), but I hadn't considered the reverse, I didn't consider the fact that I may have protected Fhommes from getting killed, thus preventing any kill from happening that night. But I was so convinced he was scum! 

Edited by Tariq j

6 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Woohoo! I have to agree with LMF and say that was a fantastic game. I had no clue how many scum their were so I was quite worried on day 5 not knowing if that could have been our last night. I guess I was pretty popular on night 5. I'm curious as to why fhomess survived night 2. It doesn't seem as if LMF was blocked or anything so I am interested in what happened there. Hope to see the scum board soon. 

Tariq's role as jailer both protects the target and keeps the target from doing anything. So fhomess was prevented from going out AND protected from the scum kill. Worked out good for us since two townies ended up dying at the vig's hand ;) 

Fun game, and thanks Kintober! I too never had Asphalt high on my radar. Well played, using the "new guy" vibe to your benefit! 

And poor khscary, getting double killed... 

That's some impressive investigating too, well picked there Asphalt! You had ALL the PRs together by the end plus caught me. 

Thanks for the compliments guys, not sure if I deserve it or not, but thanks.  

Not gonna lie, this game takes some getting used to.  I have been playing Heroica for the last 5 years which is a polar opposite to Mafia.  The lack of Role Play element really threw me.  I still dont really know what it means to look scummy.  :def_shrug:  

I did start to get into it after the first couple of nights and started to have fun.  I look forward to playing another one of these and seeing how I did.

Kint, you ran a great game as always, My Fellow Townies  SWEET WE WON!!!!  And in my first game too.

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I do need to ask, What is the benefit of the Miller?

To cause a lot of confusion. 

Good job to everyone! Great game! Pleased I made it to the end. 

11 hours ago, Tariq j said:

First off excellent game Kintober :thumbup:, as well as the overall story the pics were really good and everything was on time and ran smoothly.

Looking back at that spreadsheet... Dam! Looks like I got played by my own role there, when I saw there was no night kill on the day 2, I arrogantly though I'd caught the scum killer (fhommes), but I hadn't considered the reverse, I didn't consider the fact that I may have protected Fhommes from getting killed, thus preventing any kill from happening that night. But I was so convinced he was scum! 

You should have suspected me!  Just remember, no matter how scummy I look, I'm not scum.  The real scum are over there... ;)

You were told to me as a blocker, so it never dawned on my you might have jailed me.  I was thinking the night kill didn't happen because of a protection.  If Lady K had claimed protector and said that she protected some random townie on Night 2 as well as night 5, I would likely have believed it.

Miller is there to sow confusion for the cop.  Unlike Godfather who works in the opposite way, miller can be claimed publicly and can pretty safely assume the role of townie until no other pressing candidate shows up.  I'm with jluck in that I don't ever recall seeing a false miller claim.  I'm going to have to do that next time I'm scum just to throw things off a bit.

Thanks for the compliments guys, not sure if I deserve it or not, but thanks.  

Not gonna lie, this game takes some getting used to.  I have been playing Heroica for the last 5 years which is a polar opposite to Mafia.  The lack of Role Play element really threw me.  I still dont really know what it means to look scummy.  :def_shrug:  

I did start to get into it after the first couple of nights and started to have fun.  I look forward to playing another one of these and seeing how I did.

You did a great job.  I often think the best townie PR's look a bit scummy so as to avoid getting night killed by the scum team.  That you had Forresto out Mostlytechnic was the right move.  I know I was thinking, and the scum clearly did, too, that Forresto was the cop.  When you came to me and told me I was cleared, but everyone else you had cleared was dead, including Tariq, I was quite skeptical.  It wasn't till halfway through the last day that I fully believed you.  The reason I ultimately did believe you was because you were the only one who knew I was planning to kill Khscarymovie4 and there was just one night kill.  Scum would've killed someone else, but I figured Lady K had also targeted him.

I was somewhat saddened to learn that both of our pirates were town.  I was secretly hoping that Bob was playing pirate superman because you guys had discussed it on the scum board and thought it was funny and who would ever believe you'd be so brazen as to carry it out publicly.  That would've been fun.

Props to StickFig, who I think played a VERY townie game and was instrumental to helping us think through some of the late day lynches properly.

I was vig for the second game in a row, which is stressful.  I think vig is the hardest town PR because you hold so much power, and almost always get things wrong.  I was pretty decent at my daytime accusations, but my night time choices were terrible.  I think making me 2-shot instead of unlimited was more helpful to town than to scum.  I didn't bother targeting anyone the first 3 nights.  The first night was an automatic pass, the second I didn't have a good feel for anyone, the third I would've targeted Rider Raider but decided to give him another day - largely because I didn't think I was likely to be scum killed.  That said, had I been forced to claim publicly, the 2-shot limitation was a bit of a hindrance. It's not common and can look questionable on claiming.

Some host feedback for Kintober:

• GREAT job on the characters and storytelling
  • GREAT job on keeping things running smoothly and on time.  I liked the 48 hour night action deadline (often it's just 24 hours) with the day thread going up basically as soon after those 48 hours as possible.
  • 14 players is awkward for figuring out a good scum team size.  4 would've given the scum team a much better shot at winning, but could also have resulted in a short game.
  • I liked the fact that the game had very few PR's.  There was a lot of need to look at behavior and that's both fun and difficult.
  • Always ask for night actions at the end of the day, even if the game is over.  It gives the living more suspense on if they did the right thing.

That was fun playing along from the bleachers.  I had a few things right (1 scum I had pegged by day 3... they know who they are and why, and I had Kotz as 99% town prior to that lynch), but I misjudged Khscarymovie4.  Nothing you did Barbossa - just patterns I misread.

Well run game Kintobor.  Hopefully I notice the sign-up for the next one in time. :wink:

16 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I didn't consider the fact that I may have protected Fhommes from getting killed, thus preventing any kill from happening that night. But I was so convinced he was scum!

At least you connected fhomess and me - despite me never being let into confidence fully, it was super helpful to hear some of his ideas in PM!

10 hours ago, Asphalt said:

4 hours ago, Bob said:

To cause a lot of confusion.

I did my best to alleviate it, but there is just no way to avoid it.

4 hours ago, fhomess said:

...I'm with jluck in that I don't ever recall seeing a false miller claim.  I'm going to have to do that next time I'm scum just to throw things off a bit

I was thinking that the whole game, but it's so risky! If there is a town miller already, then at best you can claim first and cause a big fight, but it'll all be over when they flip town on the next morning.

16 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

That was fun playing along from the bleachers.  I had a few things right (1 scum I had pegged by day 3... they know who they are and why, and I had Kotz as 99% town prior to that lynch),

Care to share with the rest of us? Always like learning what other people see...

1 hour ago, mostlytechnic said:

Care to share with the rest of us? Always like learning what other people see...

Nah.  I don’t want to contribute to the meta-gaming.

I love how the scum thought I was a PR. I'm never a PR:laugh:

I love reading through the scum/dead boards, and particularly love seeing the last remaining scum throw out a few thoughts for posterity.  I enjoyed the scum WIFOM of should we kill X or will they be protected.  Always a tricky call as scum.  It's really amazing how much easier it is for scum to think a townie looks townie or a scum look scummy while the town doesn't pick up on things.  It's a bit similar when you're dead... it reads much easier when the big concern of being right/wrong about things and then having to convince a bunch of other people to see it your way without looking scummy.

One thing I read in there was that Tariq tried to jailkeep me on the night he was killed.  I've seen hosts play those types of things both ways, sometimes sticking to a strict action order and sometimes looking for actions affected by other actions to determine order.  It looks like you chose the latter, which I think is a perfectly reasonable choice.  Also...  I love me a jailkeeper.  Such a fun role.

Here are a few thoughts I sent to Kintober in PM when submitting my night kills:

Night 3:

On 11/24/2018 at 12:02 AM, fhomess said:

I'm going to bore you to death and again not target anyone.  If we had a few more players or I had more shots, I might go after Rider Raider tonight, but for now, I'll see where today's lynch leads.

Night 4:

On 11/30/2018 at 11:47 PM, fhomess said:

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and Kill: Doc Brown (Rider Raider) tonight.  I really hope I'm right on this.  I'm expecting to be blocked tonight, though.  If the scum choose not to kill and I am blocked, I'd expect to be lynched.

I have to say, I think the scum are doing an excellent job this game.  I figure there's 4 of them, but maybe just 3?  There isn't anyone that stands out as particularly scummy.

At the risk of looking like an idiot later, here's how I'm grouping people:

Probably Town:

• Chell (fhomess) - Assuming you're not messing with me...
  • Hera (StickFig) - I'm totally in on the miller claim at this point
  • Joker (Asphalt) - I think he's the town blocker that's been in touch with StickFig

Likely Town:

• Superman (Bob) - His vanilla claim is the one thing that's not sitting right with me.

Less Likely Scum:

• Batgirl (Tariq) - I keep trying to find reasons to think he's scum due to his voting record, but his posts look townie to me
  • Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4) - I lean town on him, but he's the scummiest of the folks I lean that direction
  • Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan) - Did she get away on Day 1?
  • Oroku (KotZ) - I'm really 50/50 on this lynch.  He could easily be town.  I had the chance to hammer him and avoided it.  We'll see what people have to say about that tomorrow.

Likely Scum:

• Eleventh Doctor (Lady K) - I'm wondering how much of her absence is that as a scum with little time, she's trying to avoid making mistakes by posting less.
  • Doc Brown (Rider Raider) - His been a huge fence sitter

Night 5:

On 12/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, fhomess said:

Obviously, last night didn't go as I'd hoped.

Tonight, Kill Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4).

Asphalt came to me and claimed cop and said I was cleared.  He and StickFig both identified Tariq as the town blocker, so I'm trusting them both.

We're down to the two pirates and Lady K.  Barbossa's the night kill due to being with LMF on things.  Hopefully at least one of Lady K or Bob are town.  I'm hoping that I'm killed tonight.  It will be REALLY interesting to see what will happen if the Joker pulls a scum result on someone tonight and whether or not people believe him at that point.

I think Bob went from being likely town to being quite scummy today, so we'll see where that leads.  At some point, you have to accept that maybe the other guys are doing a great job and you'll lose because of it.

I hope I'm right, though!

FWIW, all the people that Joker claimed to have investigated died soon or shortly thereafter... not a good track record!

Just now, Asphalt said:

I like how I was almost never mentioned in the scum chat.

And I was a PR/

Played perfectly.

Basically what I've wanted to say has already been said, but I'll add on a bit more to my thought process going into crafting this particular game.

I decided on three scum in order to ensure the game didn't end too early. The first game I ran ended on Day Three with four scum, and I was a little disappointed it didn't go on for very long. I wanted both teams to be relatively even in terms of their power, but I admit that the scum might've been at a slight disadvantage. In order to help, I negated a Town Role Blocker and Doctor by simply using the Jailer, a role I've become rather fond of. I find it's a lot more strategic than Doctor and also evens out the playing field by removing a power role in the town by combining two roles into one. Night Two was great, since both parties had completely jumped the gun on what actually. The scum feared they'd been blocked, and the jailer believed they'd snagged the scum killer, both of which were wrong. It was a fun chain of events that added an extra twist in the game's narrative!

I also tried making the vigilante's kills more meaningful by limiting them. I almost made it a three-shot kill, but considering the game length, two-shot was perfect. It allowed the big to make meaningful choices, but also ensured they didn't turn into a serial killer in everything but name.

Miller's a role I'm fond of. It allows for meaningful day one conversation and starts the game off on the right foot. Day One tends to be wheel spinning, but a Miller claim at least gets people to state an opinion on it.

I'm glad people enjoyed the game as much as I enjoyed running it. If no game pops up soon, I'll contemplate running another one. It might be a sequel to Cosplay Mafia, as they're easy to set up and run character wise, but I still haven't decided. Those Overwatch sets are coming out soon and the figures would make a nice addition to a Cosplay Mafia roster. :tongue: