Murdoch17

Classic Space Astro-train - Benny's space-train, space-train!, SPACE-TRAIN!!

Welcome aboard the Astro-train! This stream-liner was a mix of the 1910's Earth train called the "Bipolar" built specifically for use by Classic Space forces as high-speed, high-security ground transports for senior level officers such as Benny. Unlike the Earth version, the Astro-train is super-streamlined, and can go up to speeds of up to 400 MPH on special track, with super-elevated curves and long straight-away's of tens of miles.\

BUILDER'S NOTES:

In reality, I liked my original take on the Classic Space Aerotrain, but it can't be built due to design and motorization issues. thus, I stretched the design into the model you see here but with my Super Bipolar at the head. This will be able to allow the engine to pull freight cars, (such as Benny's road car on a flat car) too.

46228869322_6c07e6e7bd_z.jpg

This model was inspired by both a 1999 version of the original, real-world Bipolar engine built by user Legosteveb and by a digital-only design by @Sunder to create the Super Bipolar you see in my picture above. Note, the two 4 x 2 slopes should have this CS print while the four white 1 x 1 tiles should have this "60" print. Also, a bonus for this engine model is  if I ever show off this train at a LEGO show, I can replace the middle wheel-set on the loco with another person's 9V motor swapped in to power the train.

46228870812_12cd152961_z.jpg

This is the baggage car, and like the rest of the train, all the doors open. (Although there are no interior details, so it can be whatever you want it to be inside!)

31340344097_fd1e36295f_z.jpg

These are the two passenger cars.

46228870852_a189c13551_z.jpg

The observation car.

46228872042_94efbac292_z.jpg

This is the complete train. I'm planning on building this in 2019 in real bricks, at some point, hopefully.

Anyway, comments, questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome!

I like that locomotive better than your other CS train.  It looks more like a spaceship, less like a box, while still looking like a real-world freight locomotive.  I guess Benny & Co. had to go back to their old train after Toby & Co blew up the track for their super-secure armored train?