Sign in to follow this  
lamascherariposta

My 2018 Winter Village Diorama

Greetings!

As a lot of other AFOLS, every year I try to build a small diorama using as inspiration one or more WV official sets.

This year I've decided to build around the new Fire Station, especially because I really wanted to expand it in order to fit the truck inside. So I extended the back of the building, adding not only more space for the vehicle but also for other details like a spiral staircase, a table for the hats and a double decker bed.

Then I added a brick-built road connecting the station with the outskirts of a village. Between the station and the village there is a Christmas party, where I arranged the bench, the Christmas tree and the frozen fountain included in the Fire Station set. A small pathway goes from the party to the village crossing the road. Next to the crossing there are three structures: a small gazebo selling food and beverages, a small house that uses as a façade another official set (40124 Winter Fun) and an abandoned establishment partially on fire, to give a purpose to those firemen :-)

This abandoned building is loosely inspired by another official set (60003 Fire Emergency) and has a similar albeit more elaborate function: the flames can disappear under the ceiling and the roof can be 'restored' by turning one of the sections around.

I tried as best as I could not to completely integrate the official sets in the diorama, in order to make them detachable, as you can probably see if you check the gallery.

As always, I'm eager to hear what you have to think about this. I'm no expert and I mainly build official sets, I practically only MOC when winter comes, in order to make these dioramas.

Here you can find the full gallery: https://flic.kr/s/aHskKs9b9x

Sorry for the so and so quality of the photos!

Mosè

46275037731_0e084cf0ab_c.jpgIMG_9590 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

45551607544_85e516c10f_c.jpgIMG_9596 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

45362417325_7868486002_c.jpgIMG_9597 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

45551587564_b5cf23081b_c.jpgIMG_9600 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

44457973080_1be25e55c4_c.jpgIMG_9622 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

46274858591_701e747029_c.jpgIMG_9624 by Mosè Viero, su Flickr

Looks great. I love the proportions with the park in the middle and the two buildings on the side. Nice detail but not overwhelming.

Looks great!  I particularly like that they are made of modular sections and also what you've done with the fire station.  i always thought it need to be wider to accommodate the truck.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, KeepLeft said:

Looks great. I love the proportions with the park in the middle and the two buildings on the side. Nice detail but not overwhelming.

Thank you KeepLeft!

It's funny that you talk about the proportions because that's probably what I like less: the Fire Station seems way too big in comparison with the other buildings, in my opinion. But anyway, now it's going to stay like that :-)

On 12/11/2018 at 9:40 PM, Kristel said:

Looks great!  I particularly like that they are made of modular sections and also what you've done with the fire station.  i always thought it need to be wider to accommodate the truck.

Thank you Kristel!

I always try to make the dioramas with modular sections so that I can easily move them from the table to the shelf and viceversa.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, carebear said:

Wonderfull!!!

Love the way you made this modular

Great Build!!!

On 12/24/2018 at 3:43 PM, UnicornFunWithToys said:

Lovely how everything comes together :)
looks great !!

Thank you guys! I'm so happy that you appreciate :-)

(Actually as I keep looking at it I have the feeling that it's not white enough, especially in the middle section. Maybe I'll add more 'snow').