Dr. Brick

Modular Train Station

indexed.gif B-T-2C

I made a (part of a) train station n LDD.

tsinternet1.png

You may see the walls at the end are incomplete, this is because it's modular. It's possible to connect several of these together. (I can't give you a picture of this because my computer can't handle it anymore... :look: )

Price: €846,51 :hmpf_bad:

I'm also planning to make a station building to connect to it.

Dr. Brick

Edited by Phred
Added image to first post.

very nice indeed and i know how hard ldd is. very well done even if the price is rubbish

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think the railtracks in LDD are still 9V.

The tracks used for the roof don't have to be 9V, they would actually be nicer if they were the new plastic ones. This would also make the whole thing a lot cheaper.

Dr. Brick

Whoa! :oh:

I've seen that building technique for arches before, used for a Bricktopian firestation. But, I reckon using fewer rails to build the arch, would make it cheaper to purchase without actually making it less solid.

But the station's "Whoa!"-factor, it's just, Whoa! That is just a stunning station, simple as it is.

Edit; can you give us a link to it, so that we at least may download it and see if we can make it cheaper?

Edited by Freddie

A very beautiful building and a fine and clever idea too, marvelous! :thumbup:

as I already have the train tracks, the only thing I would need to get is windshields in bulk, if I had those, I could form the rest of it myself :blush:

this is very cool, and I could see someone building a huge starship out of this technique :blush:

That's an amazing part of a train station :oh: , Dr. Brick, but I fear that only very few people would regrettably be aible to pay it :laugh: !

Amazing design! :thumbup:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Great idea with the tracks. Never thought of that before. Pity about the cost but I guess some people would have spare turn-tracks and some of the pieces so I reckon you could get the price down a good bit.

Thanks everybody for the positive comments. :sweet:

Whoa! :oh:

I've seen that building technique for arches before, used for a Bricktopian firestation. But, I reckon using fewer rails to build the arch, would make it cheaper to purchase without actually making it less solid.

But the station's "Whoa!"-factor, it's just, Whoa! That is just a stunning station, simple as it is.

Edit; can you give us a link to it, so that we at least may download it and see if we can make it cheaper?

Can I have a link to the 'Bricktopian Firestation'? I've never heard of it before.

It isn't online yet but I'll post the link when it's up. :classic:

Dr. Brick

Wow, those train tracks really provide a wonderful shape. And is there a train fan out there that doesn't have extra curved rails? I mean really. Maybe without the rails, the whole thing would only cost 750 euros. A bargin!

I know when I build with physcial bricks, I do a lot of fiddling to make things fit or look right. Do you do the same thing with LDD? If so, how?

-Tohst

Wow, those train tracks really provide a wonderful shape. And is there a train fan out there that doesn't have extra curved rails? I mean really. Maybe without the rails, the whole thing would only cost 750 euros. A bargin!

I know when I build with physcial bricks, I do a lot of fiddling to make things fit or look right. Do you do the same thing with LDD? If so, how?

-Tohst

I normally make my design in real first, I try the design fast to see how it works. Then I start making a model out of it on the computer, because I normally don't have enough bricks to make my big designs.

I came across the roof design because I had loads of these (trans-clear) lying around (I've just been to Legoland Berlin :wink: ) and those useless plastic railtracks. After fiddling a bit I discovered that those non-electric tracks weren't so useless afterall. :wink:

Bricktopia is indeed impressive. :oh::wub:

Dr. Brick

That looks really good, Dr Brick. I like the way you've made the roof in particular -The rails were a great way to get a curved roof. Have you modeled it on any particular (real life) location? - It reminds me of St Pancras in London but I'd imagine you've many a Northern European example to use!.

Just out of interest - the module looks quite heavy, does the €846,51 include postage? :wink:

That looks really good, Dr Brick. I like the way you've made the roof in particular -The rails were a great way to get a curved roof. Have you modeled it on any particular (real life) location? - It reminds me of St Pancras in London but I'd imagine you've many a Northern European example to use!.

Just out of interest - the module looks quite heavy, does the €846,51 include postage? :wink:

Well I feel it looks a bit like Antwerp station:

Station1-AC-291203.jpg

But it isn't really based on it;

That price is without postage, that would be another €6 I think. :hmpf_bad:

Dr. Brick

My gawd, that is just pure genius, using the train tracks to hold the roof. I love it.

But the price is sure a downer.