Capt Wolf

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 3, Issue 7) October-December 618

4 minutes ago, Bart said:

Somebody sended me a link ones, but I've lost it. I think most searats don't even know about the list or what the intended purpose should be. 

Arent all ships also in the account sheets? 

Seeing all the stats of your factions(members) ships. If it got lost again I can make a copy (don't have access to the original) and send it to a handful of more active SR to spread it further.

@Capt Wolf Nova Terreli Tax taken care of.

I suggest that stats are simply made public in the account sheet so we all only have 1 place we need to go to?

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:22 AM, Elostirion said:

I particularly like the aMRCA summaries.

Reveal hidden contents

Colour of the Wind

Oscuridad II

MAESTRO

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

35 DBs owed in taxes

Eslandita

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

33 DBs owed in taxes

Jon El Flurry

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

39 DBs owed in taxes

Long Beard II

Oscuridad II

Puerto Desafio

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Midas Touch

Oscuridad II

Nova Terreli

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Oscuridad II

Oscuridad II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Reventazon

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

22 DBs owed in taxes

Santiago

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

Far Horizon

Stormbringer II

Capt Wolf

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

72 DBs owed in taxes

Hammerhead

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Purple Rain

Stormbringer II

Maxim I

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

42 DBs owed in taxes

Sleeping Siren II

Stormbringer II

Weelond

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Stormbringer II

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Gardenia

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gazelle

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Gilded Lilly

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

31 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Shekel

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gun Runner

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Apple

Goldfish

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

@Maxim I (for yourself and MAESTRO), @Capt Wolf (for MCTC, ESL, Garvey), @Legostone  (for yourself) - looking forward to your tax payments towards Nova Terreli.

ESL, MCTC, Capt Wolf, and Garvey port taxes paid.

18 hours ago, Bregir said:

I suggest that stats are simply made public in the account sheet so we all only have 1 place we need to go to?

I would disagree with this...  I think the fact I don't know other factions ship stats make the challenge for choosing a battle style and makes choosing ship stats more important.

18 hours ago, Bregir said:

That would certainly make it easier for everyone...

14 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I would disagree with this...  I think the fact I don't know other factions ship stats make the challenge for choosing a battle style and makes choosing ship stats more important.

But I have to agree with Roadmonkey on this one.

Speaking of this though, I never did get around to asking if I could get access to my faction spreadsheet... Maybe @Bregir, or perhaps @Legostone you could assist me there?

Edited by LM71Blackbird

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Speaking of this though, I never did get around to asking if I could get access to my faction spreadsheet..

It is in our sign up and discussion thread, the post about the navy.

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I think the fact I don't know other factions ship stats make the challenge for choosing a battle style and makes choosing ship stats more important.

There are so many different ships, and you never know which one you will meet, nor which combat tactic will be used. So I see no way to "design" your way out of it/program your stats to optimise results. I think the stats are well balanced, and some ships are better at some things, worse at others.

HOWEVER, I brought it up in court, and there was support for keeping them secret.

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

There are so many different ships, and you never know which one you will meet, nor which combat tactic will be used. So I see no way to "design" your way out of it/program your stats to optimise results. I think the stats are well balanced, and some ships are better at some things, worse at others.

HOWEVER, I brought it up in court, and there was support for keeping them secret.

I guess my thought was this....  If you know what others in your faction have done successfully stat wise your prone to mimic it.   (especially if you regularly sail together)   

So hypothetically if I wanted to target COR shipping specifically. (just using your faction as an example lol)  I could detect a pattern in your shipping lanes and notice what ships had what stats then pick and choose (or create) a fleet that would be more prone to having an advantage against them.  True there are some built in loop holes but fundamentally it could give an advantage of one "Navy" over the next in battle as well (should war break out).

I think it's good for each faction to keep such records for all ships in the faction and members should be able to access that sheet.   A big issue at least for the rats is leadership changed hands several times this past year (things happen) but the members that knew of such a sheet had also become inactive so ours was temporarily lost at sea so to speak. Lol

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

So hypothetically if I wanted to target COR shipping specifically. (just using your faction as an example lol)  I could detect a pattern in your shipping lanes and notice what ships had what stats then pick and choose (or create) a fleet that would be more prone to having an advantage against them.

One is tempted to say: "Go ahead, make my day... Punk!"

But I won't - as that would be tempting fate! :pir-grin::pir-wink:

I get your point, but having run the MRCA a few times, tried many different stats, and experienced many different results, I really do not believe you can win the MRCA by "programming". :pir-blush: Yes, you should be considering whether a small income ($) is worth the cost in firepower (g) for instance, but I actually believe we have managed a very fine balance with the current stats and their impact on results. (I should, though, having championed the system, so I am hardly impartial... :innocent2:)