Capt Wolf

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 3, Issue 7) October-December 618

34 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I would say that the aMRCA's are in a bit of a limbo. While it may be considered common knowledge that OL and ESL are active on Terraversa, those expeditions outside the reach of normal trade and travel would not IC makes sense to be known apart from their original orders/plans.

How did the KPA get the information then? :pir-look:

I was under the impression that the KPA is an "IC newsletter", accessible to the minifigs in the area covered by the MRCA map. So since it showed up in there... you get my point?

It will somewhat break the aMRCA format if everything is considered IC knowledge, so put in an IC filter - does it make sense that something is known.

I agree, it does not add up with this turns KPA though.

Hence, your expedition will only be known to have sailed north, I guess. :)

Disappointing. :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Drunknok

53 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

How did the KPA get the information then? :pir-look:

I was under the impression that the KPA is an "IC newsletter", accessible to the minifigs in the area covered by the MRCA map. So since it showed up in there... you get my point? 

I get your point, hence the limbo. But the KPA serves a double purpose, as it is also meant to showcase all our interesting stories in the brick seas OOC.

We can consider in the future releases only to show information about the AMRCAs in the KPA that would be "widely" known, and then have people go to the adventure if they want more, but I am afraid it will dilute the stories too much to be fun reading? We will see what we can do.

57 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Disappointing. :pir-sceptic:

That you won't be able to meta game your way out of the AMRCA challenge? ;)

I think we did discuss this - you have two ships - why not repair one and send it back, if you need homebase to get information and react on it? That would be one solution :)

Excellent writinh up, nice work, it surely worthed the wait.

And our settlement is being attacked by WTC invaders, what a scandal! 

24 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Seems that the WTC tries to attack every sailing thing with little success...

I had three skirmish with them this MRCA turn, with three ships of mine each showing a 0 gun and 0 crew versus numerous WTC drifter and I barely won the three :sceptic:

hard luck for the WTC  ! :head_back:

what if a whale wins a showdown with the WTC ? should she enter a port with ships in tow and licence them ?

Edited by Professor Thaum

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

what if a whale wins a showdown with the WTC ? should she enter a port with ships in tow and licence them ?

Please... someone MOC this!!!! :pir-laugh:

39 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Believe me, there are many in COR wondering how OL (and SR) will react (IC). :pir-look:

57 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I get your point, hence the limbo. But the KPA serves a double purpose, as it is also meant to showcase all our interesting stories in the brick seas OOC.

Aye.

We can consider in the future releases only to show information about the AMRCAs in the KPA that would be "widely" known, and then have people go to the adventure if they want more, but I am afraid it will dilute the stories too much to be fun reading? We will see what we can do.

I think it would be a matter of phrasing. Things like my expedition could be explained as "we heard rumours about ..., could it mean ...?" - keeping it ambiguous enough to not confirm anything, but still mentioning it in some form.

That you won't be able to meta game your way out of the AMRCA challenge? ;)

Depends on your point of view I guess.

If these news were considered "public knowledge", the WTC would of course have a big interest to send support to its mission as quickly as possible. So it would make a lot of sense to send a ship their way right now. I merely reacted on an idea following from the information as it was presented. No need to insinuate anything. :wink:

I think we did discuss this - you have two ships - why not repair one and send it back, if you need homebase to get information and react on it? That would be one solution :)

It is most likely the option I will choose - the KPA seemed to open another door though. One that has quickly been closed again.

43 minutes ago, Bodi said:

Do not believe the filthy lies of the KPA. Apart from that: only an Olander could call a single rowboat an "invader" - especially after blowing it out of the waters with the firepower of a fully operational battlestation small and large fort! :pir_tong2:

If Oleon wishes to formally protest though: the WTC in Mesabi Landing is the right address. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Seems that the WTC tries to attack every sailing thing with little success... what if a whale wins a showdown with the WTC ? should she enter a port with ships in tow and licence them ?

The last turns I would disagree, but with this one... you do have a point. :pir-grin:

14 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Please... someone MOC this!!!! :pir-laugh:

Wer den Schaden hat, muss für den Spott nicht sorgen... :pir-look:

Just now, Bregir said:

Believe me, there are many in COR wondering how OL (and SR) will react (IC). :pir-look:

Only you and me actually. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Drunknok

Just now, Drunknok said:

I think it would be a matter of phrasing. Things like my expedition could be explained as "we heard rumours about ..., could it mean ...?" - keeping it ambiguous enough to not confirm anything, but still mentioning it in some form.

Good idea, thanks.

Just now, Drunknok said:

One that has quickly been closed again.

'Tis what I do! *slams door after door* :pir-wink:

1 minute ago, Drunknok said:

Actually it only you and me. :pir_laugh2:

One, two, many... :pir-tongue: I'd think a few more would show an interest in such matters, though...

26 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Seems that the WTC tries to attack every sailing thing with little success...

Another scandal! Will the neutral sea rat merchants protest? Require recompense?

And who will they blame? The WTC, or all of Corrington?!?

Tensions are rising! :pir-grin:

Just now, Bregir said:

Tensions are rising! :pir-grin:

Well, you stir up the drama already. Whose side are you on again? :pir-oh:

Just now, Drunknok said:

Well, you stir up the drama already. Whose side are you on again? :pir-oh:

It's all about selling newspapers! :pir-wink: But no, it is not my intent to stir up "trouble". :pir-classic:

(Additionally, I am on the side of RP and immersion. Don't want the MRCA to "just" be a game mechanic. )

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Emmm, no reaction for the moment, apparently the King Philip has partied all night long and the valets de chambre refuse to wake him.:pir-grin:

And I just noticed that Acropolis has been raided too! How is it possible, where are our fleets!

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

:head_back: and flying proudly the ensign of the sea whales.

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

If Oleon wishes to formally protest though: the WTC in Mesabi Landing is the right address.

Thank you to remind me that, it's time to pay a visit to the Mesabi land. :pir-devil:

13 minutes ago, Bodi said:

And I just noticed that Acropolis has been raided too! How is it possible, where are our fleets

All gathered in Breshaun to celebrate Christmas together, didn't you read the KPA? ;)

13 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I completely forgot to give you your props for that raid.  A hearty "Well Done!" to you sir.  You are putting your fellow Black Flag'ers to shame with your audacity.

:pir-grin: Thanks mate!  Wasn't quite sure if I could pull that one of, especially as I forgot to check the troops first and found 30 bluecoats in the settlement :pir-laugh: 

Now where next? :monkey:

23 minutes ago, Bodi said:
3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

If Oleon wishes to formally protest though: the WTC in Mesabi Landing is the right address.

Thank you to remind me that, it's time to pay a visit to the Mesabi land. :pir-devil:

Raid it!!! :devil: :excited: :grin:

It took me some time, but I really love how you make the MRCA results really living and fun to read. The KPA is the best! 

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

And I just noticed that Acropolis has been raided too! How is it possible, where are our fleets!

I really think you - Oleon leadership that is - should look at this months results and ask yourself what is important. One small rowboat that was sunk by Fatu Hiva with ne damage done, or a succesful raid on Acropolis with actual losses for you. :wink:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

You or your diplomats are always welcome, and so are your letters. :classic:

39 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

There are a couple of settlements with no defenses at all, and one of them even has a town bank worth the name. All Eslandola though. :pir_tong2:

39 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Anybody who wishes to redefine his or her ships - from "one floating piece" to "many floating planks" - is more than welcome to give our proud WTC Artillery some much needed shooting practice. :devil:

I sunk!  :sing: :cry2:  Again! :cry3:

Other than that, this is one of the best KPAs, great job with the organization and recapping the latest BoBS news!

17 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:pir-grin: Thanks mate!  Wasn't quite sure if I could pull that one of, especially as I forgot to check the troops first and found 30 bluecoats in the settlement :pir-laugh: 

Not so fast Captain Nordau, you've won yourself a place on the list of priorities of la Royale, you'll pay dearly for your affront to the Crown.:pir_mad::pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Did I miss a TMRCA? Or is this just an updated version of the last KPA?

No we were just really late publishing it. 

7 hours ago, Legostone said:

No we were just really late  thorough publishing it. 

Fixed that for you :pir-grin::innocent2:

What a wonderful write-up @Capt Wolf - thanks so much!

I particularly like the aMRCA summaries.

Spoiler

Colour of the Wind

Oscuridad II

MAESTRO

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

35 DBs owed in taxes

Eslandita

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

33 DBs owed in taxes

Jon El Flurry

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

39 DBs owed in taxes

Long Beard II

Oscuridad II

Puerto Desafio

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Midas Touch

Oscuridad II

Nova Terreli

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Oscuridad II

Oscuridad II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Reventazon

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

22 DBs owed in taxes

Santiago

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

Far Horizon

Stormbringer II

Capt Wolf

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

72 DBs owed in taxes

Hammerhead

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Purple Rain

Stormbringer II

Maxim I

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

42 DBs owed in taxes

Sleeping Siren II

Stormbringer II

Weelond

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Stormbringer II

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Gardenia

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gazelle

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Gilded Lilly

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

31 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Shekel

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gun Runner

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Apple

Goldfish

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

@Maxim I (for yourself and MAESTRO), @Capt Wolf (for MCTC, ESL, Garvey), @Legostone  (for yourself) - looking forward to your tax payments towards Nova Terreli.