jotta93

[MOC] Self-loading concrete truck - finished MOC

I everybody! Gee, it has been over a year since I posted my last MOC here. :grin:  I've built others since but I'm yet to take the photos and videos of them.

Nonetheless, in order to force myself to post the full MOC here in a near future, I present you the current MOC I'm working on. A self-loading concrete truck. In case you are wondering, it's one of these:

before-you-buy-a-fiori-db-460-cbv-selflo

Concept 1 had the following working functions (here are some renderings of it):

- 4-wheel steering via the beacon on top if the cabin;

- 180 degree rotating seat in the cabin (unlocked by the 2L liftarm on the bonnet);

- rotating the drum via the 12-tooth double bevel gears on each side

- tilting the drum and raising the bucket via the 12-tooth double bevel gears on each side under the white covers (left one is open)

640x480.jpg 

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg 

It had some issues that needed tweaking namely:

- the wheels touch the front arches when steering; :wall:

- the wheel-base is too long;

- it looks a bit crude and is missing taillights and exhaust and other details 

Concept 2 is currently on my desk but I do not have my camera on me to take photos. So far it has just under 700 parts and better looks and functions and I'll try to post a few renderings of it soon.

Hope you've liked it so far and comments, tips and critiques are always welcome :classic:

Edited by jotta93

Hello fellow Eurobrickers!

I can’t believe that’s been almost a full year since I posted on this topic :grin:. But truth is I haven’t had much time to work on my MOCs.

I did manage to catch a break from work last week so I managed to finish this project.

800x600.jpg

It’s fully manual and has the following functions:

- 2-wheel steering via the beacon on top if the cabin;

- 180 degree rotating seat in the cabin (unlocked by the 2L orange liftarm on the bonnet);

- rotating the drum via the 12-tooth double bevel gear on the left

- tilting the drum and raising the bucket via the 12-tooth double bevel gears on each side under the white covers (via one mini-LA)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Here is a small video. The quality is not so good but it was filmed on my phone

Suggestions, tips and comments in general are always welcome!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by jotta93
forgot to add video

I like it very much! The 3 oops's made my day :D

A suggestion for the loading with the small bucket: Maybe implement a little mechanism that the bucket can tip when arriving the highest point, therefor only dropping the load there. Easier said than done of course.

Also you can close the gaps of the drum by adding these slopes to the pinholes on the end of the azure panels?

Thanks guys! I'm going to take a look at improving the bucket mechanism (when I do not know, since I have almost no time)

Edited by jotta93