Bart

Gold smelting factory

46248074971_34bd415a0f_z.jpgGold smelting factory by Bart, on Flickr

45524201324_8a091eafbf_z.jpgGold smelting factory 2 by Bart, on Flickr

The gold ore from the mine needs to be smelted in to bricks, for easy transport and valueing, therefore a factory has been constructed on the base of the mountain, where the mule train (with planks on the sleepers @Roadmonkeytj) brings in the oar on a regular base. 

The smelting pots are coal fired and kept hot around the clock. the gold is piled to cool and packed in crates to be transported, a bored guard keeps a look out.

Bart

The gold issued from the mine ( and some boarded ships) arrive by the mule train and are smelted into new gold bar...

Ready to be reused by the rats...

Well done !

The liquid gold is well rended, nice idea. So are the furnaces...

The house seems a little bit too clean... but it's a detail

Very nice build @Bart, good to have you back from the high seas! The Gold smelting scene is done very well, and I like how clean the build is. 

Cool build, the small doors on the furnaces look very good. I would only recommend some more guards :pirate:

Pretty build, with lots of details showing the work progress, which I always like.

The casting of the gold bars is my favourite part - using those horns is just brilliant, and works perfectly!

The little hut looks a bit too "clean" to me, but I guess that is due to the render program combining different tiles into one flat surface. I am sure it would look better in bricks.

Overall a very fine addition to Poppy Port, well done! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The gold issued from the mine ( and some boarded ships) arrive by the mule train and are smelted into new gold bar...

Ready to be reused by the rats...

Well done !

The liquid gold is well rended, nice idea. So are the furnaces...

The house seems a little bit too clean... but it's a detail

Thank you, yeah I wasn't sure how to make the shed part more lively. 

13 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build @Bart, good to have you back from the high seas! The Gold smelting scene is done very well, and I like how clean the build is. 

Thanks, luckaly bricky seas are a bit less high :D 

10 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very well thought out Bart! I may borrow a few techniques I spy in this! 

Yes borrow away! I can't say which techniques I thought of or which ones I've picked up on EB along the way. 

24 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Cool build, the small doors on the furnaces look very good. I would only recommend some more guards :pirate:

More guards? do you know how much they cost! 

9 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Pretty build, with lots of details showing the work progress, which I always like.

The casting of the gold bars is my favourite part - using those horns is just brilliant, and works perfectly!

The little hut looks a bit too "clean" to me, but I guess that is due to the render program combining different tiles into one flat surface. I am sure it would look better in bricks.

Overall a very fine addition to Poppy Port, well done! :thumbup:

Thank you, I tried quit some different parts to get the casting, and I fully used the advantage of LDD to make any brick any colour on that part. 
ah clean that way, the roof is supposed to be planked, with some odd ones, but Bluerender indeed merges tiles that are touching. 

Very neat build. Well done! The small horns used for the melted gold pouring into the molds is great piece usage! The bored guard is an excellent touch. :thumbup:

Nice factory, with lot of details.

16 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

The small horns used for the melted gold pouring into the molds is great piece usage

Exactly.