Elostirion

[MCTC: Salida Este] MCTC Colonial Headquarters in Salida Este

45940239331_49200a3dee_b.jpg

In Salida Este New Town, MCTC has established a Colonial Headquarter - a center of commercial activities, political influence
and also just for the mere administrative aspects of being the one of the richest Trading Companies in the New World.

The scene shows two native women of Ferro Azure carrying some of their goods in barrels, three members of the dragonguard
of Salida Este, a rich gentleman going to enter the MCTC building, and one of the scribes taking a break on the balcony.

45890785972_4b4b98e504_c.jpg

45940237361_45f4ea1714_c.jpg

Ouch ! That's a killer one !

The dark orange with the white is a great combo ! A wonderful headquarter for MCTC.

The bas-reliefs carving is great.

Good job !

Great building, nice color scheme too. Like the turntables, never seen that before.
Also like your flowerstands.

Excellent build @Elostirion. Great colouring with the Dark Orange, and the whole build is very realistic! I would have loved to have seen an interior on this, however, it's certainly large enough for it. 

Impressive, most impressive. :pir-oh:

The colours chosen provide a very striking visual appearance, and the overall architecture has been given a lot of attention. The details like the inlay turntables and the gable ornaments work perfectly with the mostly straight lines - very well done! An appropriate headquarter building for a trade company! :thumbup:

Great job with this HQ, neat architectural details along the facade and the domes really set this building apart!  I'm impressed by the asymmetry of the large front corner towers and the small back ones, it messes with the eye a bit and looks really cool!

The building defeniatly shows the MCTC is the richest company :pir-grin:

There's so much to like about this build. I really like how you built the curved black roof sections of the corner towers. The turntable pieces as decorations are of course excellent! But the rail pieces, the brick-built door, and the subtle variations in the depth of the front wall are all excellent features. An inspiring build! :thumbup:

Very impresive and imposing building you've got here, Elos - nails the TC headquarters idea perfectly!  Elegant architechure all around, but I particularly like the balcony doors and the carving/sculpture above that :thumbup:  Great job in getting Salida Este up to town status too, y'all! :pir-sweet:

Definitely a fitting headquarters for a huge and rich trade company! I love your massive scale buildings and this is no exception. The detail work is great, especially the SNOT turntable bases - I don't think I've seen that done in white before. The dark orange stripes give a nice and uniformed splash of colour. I also like the gold horns as door handles. Great work!

On 12/8/2018 at 4:33 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Wow, lovely building! It has so much style from the 'domes' to the white turntable things :wub:

Thank you! The domes were actually quite a challenge. Took many attempts to get the final design.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:08 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Ouch ! That's a killer one !

The dark orange with the white is a great combo ! A wonderful headquarter for MCTC.

The bas-reliefs carving is great.

Good job !

Thank you so much!

On 12/8/2018 at 9:57 PM, neonic said:

Great building, nice color scheme too. Like the turntables, never seen that before.
Also like your flowerstands.

Thanks for recognizing the flowerstands. The turntables are definitely not my original idea, I had seen that somewhere before, though executed differently. Glad you like it.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:32 PM, Mesabi said:

Excellent build @Elostirion. Great colouring with the Dark Orange, and the whole build is very realistic! I would have loved to have seen an interior on this, however, it's certainly large enough for it. 

Yeah, the interior... I might actually do that in a different MOC, because for this one no chance at all. The reliefs and turntables actually take some space behind to be held in place, there simply is no space for an interior. Also I ran out of dark orange bricks. But still... I will keep the idea of the interior as a separate MOC. Thank you!

On 12/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, Drunknok said:

Impressive, most impressive. :pir-oh:

The colours chosen provide a very striking visual appearance, and the overall architecture has been given a lot of attention. The details like the inlay turntables and the gable ornaments work perfectly with the mostly straight lines - very well done! An appropriate headquarter building for a trade company! :thumbup:

Thank you so much, glad you like it. Probably the MOC where I gave most attention towards the architecture so far, happy to see it turned out likeable.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:43 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great job with this HQ, neat architectural details along the facade and the domes really set this building apart!  I'm impressed by the asymmetry of the large front corner towers and the small back ones, it messes with the eye a bit and looks really cool!

Hmm... Great to hear you like the small towers, I am not even 100% a fan of them, but dark orange (and also the black slopes) are not my most frequent bricks, so that was the only way anyway. Happy to hear you like the MOC.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:47 AM, Fraunces said:

I agree with the rest. Very impressive build.

Thanks a lot, sir!

On 12/9/2018 at 10:14 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I don't know much more to say then what has been ... Are the tower roofs removable 

Thank you. As for the towers... well yes and no. You can remove them (they are only held in place by I think 4 studs each), but what you would see below is not an interior or anything, just some random bricks holding the windows and architectural elements in place.

On 12/9/2018 at 7:10 PM, Bart said:

The building defeniatly shows the MCTC is the richest company :pir-grin:

YES! MCTC! Thank you, that was what I was aiming for.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Capt Wolf said:

There's so much to like about this build. I really like how you built the curved black roof sections of the corner towers. The turntable pieces as decorations are of course excellent! But the rail pieces, the brick-built door, and the subtle variations in the depth of the front wall are all excellent features. An inspiring build! :thumbup:

Thank you so much for noticing all those small details. :-)

I will post some pictures of the domes later on.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Bodi said:

That's a proper headquarter, I like the domes and the balcony.

Thank you! :-) 

On 12/11/2018 at 11:40 PM, Garmadon said:

Very impresive and imposing building you've got here, Elos - nails the TC headquarters idea perfectly!  Elegant architechure all around, but I particularly like the balcony doors and the carving/sculpture above that :thumbup:  Great job in getting Salida Este up to town status too, y'all! :pir-sweet:

Actually I have to admit that the building was there first, and then Capt Wolf came up with the MCTC Colonial HQ idea.

And thank you so much for the nice feedback!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Definitely a fitting headquarters for a huge and rich trade company! I love your massive scale buildings and this is no exception. The detail work is great, especially the SNOT turntable bases - I don't think I've seen that done in white before. The dark orange stripes give a nice and uniformed splash of colour. I also like the gold horns as door handles. Great work!

Jay! Somebody noticed - and liked - the door handles. Thank you for your great feedback! Glad you like it.

That is easily one of the best LEGO buildings I have ever seen. I know I'm just repeating things that have already been said, but I love the domes, and the window details are great. The orange stripes are beautiful, and the facade, specifically between the balcony and the roof, is absolutely stunning. Just wow.