Sign in to follow this  
Rustinidiel

Modular Buildings help

hi all,

i'm trying to design a modular buildings moc... but i have one doubt: all the official lego set i've seen are made with the street at the lower level... but, if the building has a basement or a sublevel? how to make it? is possible only lifting the street on the second level with a ramp to connect it to the other street at lower level?

someone has made something similar?

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand my words

If you want to build a modular building with a basement level you could try keeping the street in the front level with the other official sets' streets but having stairs leading up to the front door so there is space underneath for a basement kinda like this or this. If you wanted to really challenge yourself you could build a modular version of one of the streets in San Francisco that is built on an incline with one end level with the baseplate and the other raised up. That would be a lot more difficult but could be really cool looking!

5 hours ago, Nick Wolfe said:

If you want to build a modular building with a basement level you could try keeping the street in the front level with the other official sets' streets but having stairs leading up to the front door so there is space underneath for a basement kinda like this or this. If you wanted to really challenge yourself you could build a modular version of one of the streets in San Francisco that is built on an incline with one end level with the baseplate and the other raised up. That would be a lot more difficult but could be really cool looking!

the basement is too high for the first solution... the second, like San Francisco, is the better solution...

any suggestion to make it?

14 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

hi all,

i'm trying to design a modular buildings moc... but i have one doubt: all the official lego set i've seen are made with the street at the lower level... but, if the building has a basement or a sublevel? how to make it? is possible only lifting the street on the second level with a ramp to connect it to the other street at lower level?

someone has made something similar?

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand my words

10190 Market Street & 10218 Pet Shop(townhouse side) both have a bit of a basement. Maybe use that as a brick built starting point for designing yours.

13 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

the basement is too high for the first solution... the second, like San Francisco, is the better solution...

any suggestion to make it?

If I were trying something like that I'd probably use a small baseplate like this or this to build the sidewalk and then set it on top of a wall of 3x1 slope bricks and hold it on with this. then you could build the houses behind it like normal and secure them together at the doorway. I'm more of a hands on builder so I'm not sure of the hypotheticals but it definitely seems like it's doable.

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

10190 Market Street & 10218 Pet Shop(townhouse side) both have a bit of a basement. Maybe use that as a brick built starting point for designing yours.

thanks for the suggestion, but my basement is too high to use this technique

17 minutes ago, Nick Wolfe said:

If I were trying something like that I'd probably use a small baseplate like this or this to build the sidewalk and then set it on top of a wall of 3x1 slope bricks and hold it on with this. then you could build the houses behind it like normal and secure them together at the doorway. I'm more of a hands on builder so I'm not sure of the hypotheticals but it definitely seems like it's doable.

is a ood idea... i try to do this

This is I think an example of the sort of thing you are talking about. Apologies as it is one of the Brickcity Depot/Lego Neighborhood Book guy’s design plans for sale. But just looking at the picture nicely shows what you are asking about better than we could explain it. 

https://www.brickcitydepot.com/CB017/san_francisco_victorian_house

1 hour ago, mona_maomao said:

If the step part is made pluggable, either the first scheme or the second one can be used.

my question was "how to make the road ramp to connect the street at the main level and the street of my moc?