Lipko

Light Sport Aircraft - Two Seater Cruiser

white with little bit of red looks very nice. Looking forward to see the end-result :thumbup:

This is shaping up really well! The black/white two tone with the red stripe give it that luxury feel fitting for this type of airplane, and it looks great. I think you already have all the controls and functions in there, so this should be a very strong contest entry when finished. I'm glad you found the time and inspiration to pull it off!!

Fascinating to see your MOC come alive. I had not expected such a good looking result with so much functionality after the first images. You have spend a lot of time thinking and trying out things, and it shows in the result. I’m looking forward to seeing the final model!

OFF:

This will be very close. I'm waiting for an order that's going to be shipped by the Hungarian Post. I trust them so much that I started another order that ships with a more reliable way but doesn't have the most important parts...

Hopefully one of them will arrive on Friday the latest or I won't finish in time for filming and photo making. If the original order won't arrive in time, I will have to buy a set to along with the other order. The original order will eventually arrive, meaning that I will have quite some many unnecessary parts. Hopefully I can re-sell the unnecessary lot so I will only loose shipping costs

ON:

There are still minor things to solve. This was the toughest development I had so far with a Lego model.

Edited by Lipko

Love to see this finished so hope the bits arrive and or the close of tc-15 can be held a little longer cause so far it looks incredible!

Okay, the parts won't arrive in time, probably only on Monday or Tuesday. The crazy B plan is too crazy and it's not worth it just to be able to join the contest. I will finish the model next week though and only apply changes that I would have done if the parts arrived in time.

Good luck for the contestants and I hope I won't forget to vote again...

Edited by Lipko

Man that sucks... its a real shame because you were really close to finishing a potential prize winner.

I appreciate that you do not abandon the build and finish it regardless, this is really a MOC that deserves to be finished. Will you shoot a vid of the functions once done?

Just now, Rudivdk said:

Man that sucks... its a real shame because you were really close to finishing a potential prize winner.

I appreciate that you do not abandon the build and finish it regardless, this is really a MOC that deserves to be finished. Will you shoot a vid of the functions once done?

Sure, I will make proper photos and video and also LDD file.

Just now, Lipko said:

Sure, I will make proper photos and video and also LDD file.

Cool, I would really appreciate that so I can compare the way you implemented your functions to my own. Functionally our builds are very similar, but I think there is still a lot for me to learn (I'm not a plane builder by nature, although I really liked doing this one). 

2 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Cool, I would really appreciate that so I can compare the way you implemented your functions to my own. Functionally our builds are very similar, but I think there is still a lot for me to learn (I'm not a plane builder by nature, although I really liked doing this one). 

I'm not a plane builder either, that's why I joined the contest.

Anyways, I enjoy your build too and took inspiration from it, for example I almost ditched flaps but since you implemented it, I didn't want to leave it that way. Also your model has landing gear steering, so I added it to mine too (and also because I realized it's sufficient to add friction to it, no need for return to center mechanism).

Haha that's funny, I was struggling with the controls for my variable prop pitch and almost abandoned it altogether, but since you had it from day one and even with cockpit-control, I pushed myself to include it and settled for the current solution in the end:laugh:.

Guess we made each others builds better without even realizing it.

Edited by Rudivdk

@Lipko Wait, there is no [TC15] tag in the topic title!

Does it mean, You will not enter to the contest? I hope this is not the case...

Edited by agrof

3 hours ago, agrof said:

@Lipko Wait, there is no [TC15] tag in the topic title!

Does it mean, You will not enter to the contest? I hope this is not the case...

I can't enter because the parts have not arrived yet.

Wether parts arrive on time or not, I would like to see your plane Mate. It is often seen in every day but to make it in LEGO it is more than desirable :thumbup:

Fair point, might be possible to ask for special permission though. :wink:

Whatever, we are waiting for the final build, looks very promising!

Edited by agrof

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Fair point, might be possible to ask for special permission though. :wink:

Whatever, we are waiting for the final build, looks very promising!

I can't just take two days off from work, so a 2-3 days of delay of the post could mean a week delay on my side. So I will not ask for no special permission :wink:

I will just focus on finishing the model. The chassis already looks pretty awesome in final colors :excited:

Just now, Lipko said:

I will just focus on finishing the model. The chassis already looks pretty awesome in final colors :excited:

that is the Spirit :thumbup:

The package is already in the local post office!!!11

Another few days and I will recieve it ""processed"" :drunk:

Edited by Lipko

5 hours ago, Lipko said:

The package is already in the local post office!!!11

Another few days and I will recieve it ""processed"" :drunk:

I know the feeling; I to wait for package 7 days when shipped 80km from my home :wacko: