Hi everybody

This is my latest creation, a special Christmas edition of my MOC modular building, "Brick Square Post Office". Hope you like it. :classic:

32331719018_f6b7f4995e_h.jpg

46203867191_dea6e32483_c.jpg45291147645_c6bcf8389c_c.jpg

Twas the night before Christmas...

... and all the kids at Brick Square were getting excited, building snowmen and putting up the Christmas tree.

46203868931_2ea78a44b5_z.jpg

32331724588_5f40c8f999_z_d.jpg

46203871411_8971a709ff_z_d.jpg

The children had been busy writing their lists for Santa.

They handed their letters to the postman, who was loading up his van ready for the last mail run of the day.

46203872931_4edee9d283_z_d.jpg

He set off in to the snowy night with his precious cargo, but by now the snow was falling thickly.

32331728308_aa0d7c0f12_z_d.jpg

Then there was trouble! The post van hit a snow drift much bigger than usual.

46203874641_15932446ac_z_d.jpg

Stranded in the snow, the quick thinking Postman grabbed his phone and telephoned ahead.

32331730088_78b086fe85_z_d.jpg

46203876941_eff4c3242c_z_d.jpg

45291160255_a98bf73513_z_d.jpg

Meanwhile back at Brick Square everything was silent and the children were feeling anxious. It was getting late and the Postman should have returned by now.

45479756704_29b5a1c9d8_z_d.jpg

Just then a friendly whistle sounded in the distance and the air was suddenly filled with the sweet smell of steam

31047550397_a9c2746e72_z_d.jpg

It was Santa. He had ditched his reindeer and sleigh and instead opted for good old fashioned steam power, courtesy of The Old Workhorse Traction Engine.

Don’t forget The Old Workhorse is on LEGO Ideas. https://lego.build/2vRfVGL Please spare a couple of minutes to give it your support if you’d like to see it made as a real LEGO set.

Anyway, shameless self-promotion out of the way, lets continue the story ... :wink:

44386707010_3587704923_z_d.jpg

The Old Workhorse arrived at Brick Square carrying Santa himself and all the presents for the children.

32331716598_29c2427f00_z_d.jpg

And just in case you wondered what happened to the Postman. Don’t worry, he made it back home in time for Christmas Day!

32331715298_f4e5d8f01a_z_d.jpg

THE END!

I hope that you've enjoyed reading this and looking at the pictures. :classic:

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone on Eurobricks a very happy Christmas, and all the best for 2019.

Edited by Bricked1980

Great story, and the two MOCs work really well together...the old-fashioned mail van and traction engine look like they could be from the same English village.

Merry Christmas!

Ho ho ho, what a nice sets. I mean story. I mean creations. :sweet:

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration! I really like all the details you've put in those sets!

23 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Great story, and the two MOCs work really well together...the old-fashioned mail van and traction engine look like they could be from the same English village.

Merry Christmas!

23 hours ago, Daanski said:

Ho ho ho, what a nice sets. I mean story. I mean creations. :sweet:

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration! I really like all the details you've put in those sets!

21 hours ago, broomhandle said:

awesome!

21 hours ago, adwind said:

Very sweet )

19 hours ago, Kristel said:

Great story and builds!

2 hours ago, kjm161 said:

Lovely creations and very festive story. Merry Christmas

Thanks very much for the comments everyone. Glad you like this festive re-make of Brick Square Post Office. Merry Christmas to you all! :sweet:

Edited by Bricked1980

Haha, I definitely didn't expect to see something like this! Really enjoyed the childish story which brought back some good memories and of course both of the builds and the incredible editing! 

Spoiler

Merry Christmas!

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 12/7/2018 at 3:29 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Haha, I definitely didn't expect to see something like this! Really enjoyed the childish story which brought back some good memories and of course both of the builds and the incredible editing! 

Reveal hidden contents

Merry Christmas!

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

:iamded_lol: Super fun version of both your builds and storyline. Merry chirstmas!

Thanks a lot guys. Because this is not strictly a new moc, the storyline was just my way of presenting the model in a different way to usual. Glad you like it and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

By the way I have now begun work on a brand new modular building. It is early stages though so will be a few weeks till it's finished.

4 hours ago, carebear said:

Just Amazing!!!

Greetings!

Thank you very much. Pleased you like it. :classic:

Like already said ... great story and great builds. Like the creations and also the story. Sadly the posttruck (like the design, bit '50, ';60's style?) had an accident but fortunely the 'workhorse' came to rescue.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, neonic said:

Like already said ... great story and great builds.

Thank you very much. :classic:

On 12/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, neonic said:

posttruck (like the design, bit '50, ';60's style?) 

Yes the whole model is set in the 1950's. The post truck is loosely based on a British Morris J type, like the example below.

15250640782_5236e2f57a.jpg

On 12/24/2018 at 2:45 PM, UnicornFunWithToys said:

I love the cute story with it, looks beautiful :)
Good luck with lego ideas !!
Happy holidays :)

Thank you very much and happy Christmas.

Hope everyone on Eurobricks has had a great Christmas Day. Merry Christmas everyone. :classic:

Thank you very much for yours creations and Happy New Year.

PS.

Where can I buy your LDD. I would like have post office in our collection.

Best regards

Kriss and Kate

I think that truck is terrific--it's cute as a button. I wish I could buy it!  If Lego made it I'd buy several.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, ivanlan9 said:

I think that truck is terrific--it's cute as a button. I wish I could buy it!  If Lego made it I'd buy several.

You can always order the right bricks and build it yourself )) It's cute and simple build at the same time, so there should be any problems ))