Bart

[SR-FB] Poppy Port Lighthouse - "Rocky Reef's Light"

31262166507_3c6387ce10_z.jpg 

32329186468_4e027b9b7f_z.jpg 

46201294381_f5e61c5e2d_z.jpg 

32329185738_4c93d1cf53_z.jpg

Dr. Anderson and James are visiting the new light house on Rocky Reef, just offshore of Poppy Port

James: So do this horses have to walk around all night?
dr. Anderson: No no, they just lift the weight, and then the weight will drop slowly over night to rotate the glass and mirror.
James: ah nice, and what is that red flag about?
dr. Anderson: Could be a storm warning, but as you can see by the clear skies, I think this is a warning that Pirates hunters have been spotted. 

If I designed it well, the mirror and glass will rotate when the horses do, at the same time lifting the weight. and when the horses 'rest' the weight drops to rotate the mirror some more. If the speed regulator inside the house works as I thinks it does, I cannot tell from LDD, but immagine it does :D 

Bart

PS: I'm back from sea :P 

Edited by Bart

Great to have you back Bart.

The lighthouse looks really good, and the fact that it has a rotating mechanism makes it even better, and I like that flag too.:thumbup:

Very curious about the rotating machanism, I could not see the specifics from the photo but a very keen idea nonetheless. Nice design of the tower on top of the building, you combines structure and the  'pirate chaos' very well in this build

I like this one... and especially the rotating mechanism, really well rendered...

The red flag is here to inform holydays maker that the sea is quite hazardous ? :head_back:

I will wait for the green one before swimming ! :purrr:

59 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

The red flag is here to inform holydays maker that the sea is quite hazardous

There are sharks about!

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

Great to have you back Bart.

The lighthouse looks really good, and the fact that it has a rotating mechanism makes it even better, and I like that flag too.:thumbup:

Thank you 

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very curious about the rotating machanism, I could not see the specifics from the photo but a very keen idea nonetheless. Nice design of the tower on top of the building, you combines structure and the  'pirate chaos' very well in this build

Thanks, The design of the build was also non existing, helping a lot in the chaotic behavour of the building.
I'll see if I can get a screen shot of the gears and explain how they work.

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I like this one... and especially the rotating mechanism, really well rendered...

The red flag is here to inform holydays maker that the sea is quite hazardous ? :head_back:

I will wait for the green one before swimming ! :purrr:

Thank you, Just another Bluerender render so thank the EB member who build that (I keep forgetting his name) 

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

There are sharks about!

Sharks? razorsharp reef stones yes, and carnivorous sea turtles but sharks nah. 

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love the cogs! 

I was really happy how the design turned out myself