ExeSandbox

MOC: Voltron - Just Waiting 10,000 Years For A Paladin To Arrive

Following the release of the LEGO Voltron Set, LEGO Ideas had this contests (It's long over now, so I am a little late to post this :D) to build the most imaginative Voltron scene.

My entry features the Green Lion casually reading a book inside it's tree trunk bunk, while the alien bunnies are messing with the Green Lion's stuff. 

I built this scene in digital, but after it's done, it made me wish I had this right on my desk! It also took me 2 weeks to build, (it was hard, there was a deadline...) but I still made it as a Runner-Up winner!

Enjoy (:D

44877658622_2f4e5baa25_b.jpg

31054521528_8fe203bc0d_b.jpg

44877624852_2e67cc0457_b.jpg

44877622062_fb35cbfbd5_b.jpg

43115392260_a6c6929352_b.jpg

More images can be found here

Edited by ExeSandbox

Great build, great presentation, well-deserved prize.  Do you plan to order parts so that it can live on your desk someday?

33 minutes ago, icm said:

Great build, great presentation, well-deserved prize.  Do you plan to order parts so that it can live on your desk someday?

Thanks! I do hope I would have the opportunity to build in real life someday. There are many elements in colors that currently not available (I might have to color the parts myself), plus the overall size of this model, it's definitely going to be a challenge :laugh:

Ah - part/color combinations that don't exist, that's a problem!  I always try to use real color combinations in a digital build just in case I can find the cash to order the parts someday and build it IRL.  So far, that hasn't happened:(  Good luck making yours happen, even if you have to color the parts yourself.

I am not familiar with Voltron, but this looks wonderful. :thumbup:

Great details in the tree trunk.

Water and the vegetation are stunning and the animals are great builds.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone for your compliments!  I really appreciate it.:tongue:

(This MOC made it into the featured topics? Hooray!)

Edited by ExeSandbox