Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[Cor Dec FB1] Myzec House

In contrast to the great stone temples and public buildings of Myzectlan, most ordinary Myzec live in simple mud brick houses with thatched roofs. These houses are spread around the shores of Lake Myzec and house the vast majority of the Myzec people.

45282934705_1eec728069_c.jpg

Here is the house of once such Myzec family. The women weaves cloth while the man looks after their baby child. A fisher women passes by while two warriors discuss the latest ballgame.

A bit of a change of scenery for me and some love for Myzectlan is long overdue! I wanted to show the simple dwellings of the ordinary people and the hut is based on Aztec houses, particularity the Lego example in the spoiler below by W. Navarre and also this other drawing I found on the internet. 

To be licensed as a residence in Myzectlan. There will likely be some more Myzec builds from me this month :) I am thinking of a small Myzec themed mini-challenge/collab if anyone is interested?

Recognized this build instantly. :laugh:  Great take on my brother's creation, I think you did a much better job making the 1x1 round lime plates look like they belong, in fact they look impressively good on the right.  The minifigures are excellent and the pigsty area is a neat addition!

A nice one! The ground and the roof look very good, with all these studs and plates.

Great stuff! An excellent build, and something very different to most of the things we see.

The trees on the right look a wee bit anemic, which might be due to the thin stems. Other than that I see nothing to criticise. Well done! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I am thinking of a small Myzec themed mini-challenge/collab if anyone is interested?

I think the idea is great, and I would love to contribute. I fear I am severely limited by my minifig collection though. Can you think of some scenes that would need only one minifig, or none at all? I know you have everyday life in mind, so this might be difficult...

2 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Very nice build! I like the use of the discoloured white and the lime contrasts well. The sand snot arou d the edge is also lovely.

Thanks Spud!

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I think you did a much better job making the 1x1 round lime plates look like they belong, in fact they look impressively good on the right.

Thanks Kai. I really felt the addition of the red flowers in his build were a great touch and the splash of red was needed here (hence the parrot), but I didn't want to rip his ideas off any  more than I already had!

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Again a good one !

A very simple house but a great built effect with all the nice details all around.

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

A nice one! The ground and the roof look very good, with all these studs and plates.

Thanks guys!

10 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Great stuff! An excellent build, and something very different to most of the things we see.

The trees on the right look a wee bit anemic, which might be due to the thin stems. Other than that I see nothing to criticise. Well done! :thumbup:

I think the idea is great, and I would love to contribute. I fear I am severely limited by my minifig collection though. Can you think of some scenes that would need only one minifig, or none at all? I know you have everyday life in mind, so this might be difficult...

Thanks Drunknok, the trees are meant to be a type of willow, which is long and thin. You are right but, using the pipe as trunk makes it difficult to give the tree any body.

Scenes using few minifigs... hmmm I think most small vignettes could probably be adapted to look great with only one or two minifigs. I used a few here because the house by itself was really plain and the build really needed more details.

Maybe a villager trapping ducks? (not sure how to make the duck...) or repairing a fishing net or even fishing in a canoe? Another idea I had was for a women making corn tortillas. I saw a video of the process on YTnot so long ago and immediately thought it may translate well into a small Lego scene.

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I am thinking of a small Myzec themed mini-challenge/collab if anyone is interested?

Immediately makes me think ‘lego’ in it’s simple complexity. Well done.

I would definitely consider a collab/challenge!