lh512500

LDCad: How to make rubber band

Nice! I tried for a very limited time and failed to get a good result. The key was to use more Bezier path points, I tried to use mainly circle path points, and that was clearly not the right way to go!

12 hours ago, Philo said:

I tried to use mainly circle path points, and that was clearly not the right way to go!

Circle point generation lives in a 2D plane, so when you rotate them too far strange things happen :)

For me the main trick was to temporary disable the loop generation then roughly place the beziers on one side, once that's ok you can add them in reverse on the other side.

Could you explain how you did this so we can all understand. Thanks. How do you place these beziers? What are path points? What is disabling the loop generation?

18 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

Could you explain how you did this so we can all understand. Thanks. How do you place these beziers? What are path points? What is disabling the loop generation?

Any flexible non spring part is defined by adding points to the model the hose/string/etc must pass trough. Most of these points are of type bezier but can also be of type circle.

Looping is an option of the generator which determines if the last point in the sequence connects back to the first one or not.

See also

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/advEdit

For a short tutorial on flexible parts in LDCad.