Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOC] ATSF 3450-Class 4-6-4 Hudson #3451

The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway didn't boast the world's most powerful 4-6-4s... or, arguably, the most comely. But they were, IMO, the most balanced in design, with a kind of compressed appearance (shared by the road's 4-6-2's) that left them looking sleek, rather than big and burly (this was likely in large part due to the fact that they were originally equipped with 75-inch driving wheels, but later upgraded to 79" - thus leaving them with a somewhat 'wearing shoes too large for their feet' appearance). I went back and forth on whether or not to build this loco last night, and I am glad that I decided to, because I think it turned out wonderfully. As with my previous engines sporting drivers around 80ish inches, this engine features stand-ins intended to replaced by Shupp's.

Proto:

84WT1D0.jpg

xoIZiVj.jpg

PYwD0Ve.png

gY5ZivS.jpg

QaaowWf.jpg

5UG3PAA.png

Model:

R4DgXxN.png

i7iC8Xc.png

NgYKLkb.png

AGNcmCo.png

YC8N2XJ.png

NJsfv8H.png

NUmvYbA.png

That side-on comparison shot really shows off how accurate your MOC is. I think it's one of your better models; the detailing and sizing just looks... right. Although that might just be because I can see the details more clearly on this one! 

You've built so many excellent locomotives recently, I wonder if it would be a good idea to start your own "index" topic with a picture and link to each creation. It'd be neat to see them all side-by-side, even if that'll never happen in physical bricks. 

1 minute ago, ColletArrow said:

That side-on comparison shot really shows off how accurate your MOC is. I think it's one of your better models; the detailing and sizing just looks... right. Although that might just be because I can see the details more clearly on this one! 

You've built so many excellent locomotives recently, I wonder if it would be a good idea to start your own "index" topic with a picture and link to each creation. It'd be neat to see them all side-by-side, even if that'll never happen in physical bricks. 

I'd worry people would see me as conceited. I mean... I am... but it seems kind of risky to advertise it >.>

Thank you, though. This is also my favorite locomotive (although it's only by like a hair over the 0-8-0).

Edited by ProvenceTristram