xadrian

Custom Microfighters

Greetings all.  A while back I posted a Home One microfighter I'd done.  Since then I've designed about 100 more.  It's been a fun ride and I'm slowly getting the parts to build them all out.  These are mostly Legends ships as a lot of canon stuff has already been done.  I'm still working on them and may stop when I run out of material.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AUfokQhoguhMf8YXA

I also have a Google Drive with all the stud.io files.  This also includes about 30 or so designs that I've reverse engineered or downloaded from here, Flickr, BrickLink, or other places .  I haven't got all the wanted list xml's uploaded yet but I'll get to it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fTn5kCAfR4akWOVFYwI47Ygy1ILIRUL1

I hope you enjoy them and try building some of them.  I only have instructions for a couple but could be persuaded to do more.  They're pretty small, so having the .io file should work in most cases.

Very nice! I am really only familiar with episode I to VI, so I don't know most of the ships, but from the ones I do know I like the Tantive IV, the Gungan submarine and the Lucrehulk ship the most. I also like that ship which appears in the game Jedi knight 2 jedi outcast, but I am not sure what it is called. Something with luxury I think. And last but not least those micro A-wings are great too! Very recognizable despite having only a few pieces, literally. May I ask you which program you used for rendering? I want to render an LDD creation one of these days and your renders look excellent. :classic:

Edited by Hollander

Wow, I wasn't expecting too much when clicking the links but that still doesn't justify my surprise and awe :D There is soo many of them and mostly great models! I really have to find more time to look more closely on the designs but that's some great work over there for sure :D

Agree! this is a nice collection! I am not a fan of the micro fighter series, but this is really well done series, and just a nice portfolio of them. The renders look great and showcase your mocs very well. 

8 hours ago, Kristof said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting too much when clicking the links but that still doesn't justify my surprise and awe :D There is soo many of them and mostly great models! I really have to find more time to look more closely on the designs but that's some great work over there for sure :D

I agree, this collection deserves time to be appreciated. I don't discard to build some of them. Fantastic job overall.

Amazing collection. I might have to look at your CAD models at some point. Definitely interested in the Tantive IV and model as I've collected the Original Trilogy Good Guys ships so far (+ the U wing as thats great)

I didn't see a B-wing in the collection unless thats WIP ?

Thanks everyone!

To answer some questions, I used stud.io 2.  The newer version has a great rendering engine, which is partly why I like using it.  It has some issues and it doesn't have 100% of parts (namely minifigs, which is why some of these are kinda of kitbashed) but I've grown accustomed to it.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:17 AM, Seasider said:

I didn't see a B-wing in the collection unless thats WIP ?

So, I'm comfortable showing these because for the most part they're my designs.  I linked to a Google Drive with the .io files and some instructions and wish lists for BrickLink but also a lot of other designs I found online and reverse engineered.  There's a B-wing and a B-wing prototype from Rebels as well.  I adapted the prototype but it wasn't enough of a change for me to feel it was my design.  Still, it's available if anyone wants to d/l and build it.

To that end, a lot of the well known ships are already taken, either by TLG or the rush that happened to do this like four years ago.  This is just a deep dive into Legends stuff, so they'll get more obscure, but I probably won't run out of designs any time soon. :)

Additionally, I have the list I'm using up on drive as well.  If you want to request something that's not there, please feel free.  I add stuff to the list as I run into them.  Usually while randomly browsing Wookieepedia or watching Spacedock and Eckhartsladder.

Edited by xadrian
typos