Sign in to follow this  
Aventador2004

42054 C Model - Boom Handler

Hello!

This is my first finalized model in a few months, lately I have been doing a lot of RC Aircraft building and flying (Mostly This Plane). After the recent contest was opened, I decided to post some models. This is one made from 42054. 

• Steering
  • Boom Lift
  • Fork Tilt
  • Seat, Steering Wheel, Lights, Ect...

For some reason my laptop won't take the photos, so here is a video from my new Channel.

Thank you for looking. More to come.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well done! Great concept from this set. I was thinking of building something like this, guess I'll have to now wit yours as inspiration :oh:

Thank you. Also think I will make instructions ~600-800 parts.

Nice work!! It kinda reminds me of the Massey Ferguson 9407 Xtra telehandler with the open wheels.  Looking forward to the rest of what you have made these past few weeks :)

Image result for MF 9407 Xtra Telehandler

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

Nice work!! It kinda reminds me of the Massey Ferguson 9407 Xtra telehandler with the open wheels.  Looking forward to the rest of what you have made these past few weeks :)

Thanks too. The original inspiration was a Claas Scorpion. Made some adjustments with the parts I had.

Claas-Scorpion-7055-V-1.1.0.0-FS17-7.jpg

It could be correct with the 42082 tires.

Nice, could do with a bit more detailing (seeing as you have so many parts left over), but overall it's quite good. :thumbup: One thing I would change though is the length, as it looks a bit too long, at least if you compare it to what you based it on.

BTW, a small tip for your new channel - make sure you use tags, and put as many as you can think of (provided they're relevant), I've personally noticed I've been getting a lot more views since I started using them.

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice, could do with a bit more detailing (seeing as you have so many parts left over), but overall it's quite good. :thumbup: One thing I would change though is the length, as it looks a bit too long, at least if you compare it to what you based it on.

Thanks. I do agree the length is off, but the steering system needed space, and the tires are are a little large too. I'll try using tags too.

Nice model:thumbup:, perhaps you can use gear rack to make telescopic boom (I do not see it in video due to small display size on my phone); you have 3 way steering idea from original set that is adaptable for your C model and you have appropriate colors available...

15 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Nice model:thumbup:, perhaps you can use gear rack to make telescopic boom (I do not see it in video due to small display size on my phone); you have 3 way steering idea from original set that is adaptable for your C model and you have appropriate colors available...

The Gear rack is in the boom for lifting, there is only one steering mode, and yes I have the colors for the original. This is simply what came of it.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

The Gear rack is in the boom for lifting, there is only one steering mode, and yes I have the colors for the original. This is simply what came of it.

How to make telescopic boom without rack?

The rest is good based on parts available :thumbup:

Anyway it is like bigger brother for your smaller yellow telehandler :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

Instructions done, posting (Edit: over the next week.)

712 parts of 1900.

Edited by Aventador2004

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Instructions done, posting tomorrow.

Are those going to be photo instructions? If they are, you really should compress them into a ZIP file to upload to Bricksafe, as IMO it's a lot better if someone wants to download them.

22 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Are those going to be photo instructions? If they are, you really should compress them into a ZIP file to upload to Bricksafe, as IMO it's a lot better if someone wants to download them.

I only have a trial version of wizip, but I'll try to. That does seem like a better idea.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I only have a trial version of wizip

There's a much better alternative available: 7-Zip :wink:

Edited by mocbuild101

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I kinda forgot about posting. Unfortunatley the SD card in the camera I was using could not load onto my computer, so I cant upload the instructions right now. If I get anything to work, i'll load it on bricksafe. Other than that, thanks to those who commented!

Take your time... I have idea if you have 42082 set to make proper telehandler (like Scorpion you posted) with all wheel drive, fake engine, 3 way steering - it would be masterpiece IMHO :wub:

19 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Take your time... I have idea if you have 42082 set to make proper telehandler (like Scorpion you posted) with all wheel drive, fake engine, 3 way steering - it would be masterpiece IMHO :wub:

I don't have the money to get that set. Regardless I have almost all the parts from the set anyway. The only parts missing would be the racks and the turntable gears. Last time I did a pig project it didn't become very large. I much rather would make some smaller builds.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:35 AM, I_Igor said:

I have idea if you have 42082 set to make proper telehandler ... with all wheel drive, fake engine, 3 way steering - it would be masterpiece IMHO :wub:

Hmm... That might be a fun future project for myself, as I just recently got 42083...

On 1/19/2019 at 2:15 AM, Aventador2004 said:

I much rather would make some smaller builds.

If that's what you want to do, then you should - stick to what you're good at, and you'll get much better results.

Edited by mocbuild101
I have 42082, not 42083...

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

Hmm... That might be a fun future project for myself, as I just recently got 42083...

I suppose that you mean 42082 (Rough Terrain Crane). 42083 is Bugatti Chiron if I'm not nuts.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I suppose that you mean 42082 (Rough Terrain Crane). 42083 is Bugatti Chiron if I'm not nuts.

Yes I do, I don't think a Bugatti telehanlder will be made any time soon... :laugh:

1 hour ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yes I do, I don't think a Bugatti telehanlder will be made any time soon... :laugh:

Since one my future project is telehandler based on 94.3 x 38 Unimog tires (scale 1:15 like Unimog and Fastrac) I'll be very happy to see your version. 

14 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Off topic, that would be a hilarious idea.