Rudivdk

[TC15] Lockheed Martin P38 - White Lightnin'

Wow. Son will be very glad to build it. We have already 99% parts. :)

Thank You very much, Rudivdk, for the instruction.

@ifilin great, hope you guys have fun building it!:thumbup:

If it is not too much trouble, please share some pictures on Rebrickable once done.

Whole the last saturday we were finding details in our boxes and zip-locks, disassembling some sets to prepare all details. And son has started to build this plane.

What I can say? This is absolutely incredible plane. Half is already built. Operating from cockpit using that stick is so cool.

Rudivdk, I will share photos, when son finished it. :)

@ifilin I'm glad to hear you (and your son) like it! I hope you were able to build without problems or errors in the instructions sofar? Looking forward to see your version completed :sweet:

Yesterday son has finished building this plane. And it is soooo huge. :)

And again, thank You, @Rudivdk. :) The instruction is correct and readable on small notebook display.

Only red-white rudders are moving with resistance from stick, therefore I've added black 12 gear to 3 tan gears on rear wing to turn rudders by hand.

E4ZIYN.jpg

Edited by ifilin

I saw it on RB already, great job by your son! Seeing it in his hands makes me realize again that it is a REALLY big plane (I dismantled mine during the instruction-making)

3 hours ago, ifilin said:

Only red-white rudders are moving with resistance from stick, therefore I've added black 12 gear to 3 tan gears on rear wing to turn rudders by hand.

For me it moved pretty fluently, but only after quite some tinkering. Getting the exact length of the 32l axle correct is a guessing game, and can only be done by trail and error. And since the total linkage-system towards the rudders has a lot of joints and pivot points, it gets jammed pretty quick. Smart solution to add the little knob wheel, it's hardly visible and solves the playability issue!