Hey guys,

i've built a technic walker which I want to show you. It is obviously focusing on the mechanic part and not on looks :grin:

Small demonstration video:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

It also has a built in differential transmission:

800x415.jpg

It was a fun build... And in the end i have to admit, it is quite creepy :D

Very interesting linkage, a bit like Theo Jansen's, but not quite. Very smooth and fast! (and yes, a bit creepy :D)

Nice job! :thumbup:

Very cool !! Both the walking mechanism and differential control are interesting and educational. Do put on rebrickable if you get time.

It would be interesting to build something like that ... and see what cat is saying.

Nice, I quite surprised how fast it is (though that's probably just because of how slow the one I'm working on is), but the way it walks... I'm not sure if it's creepy, or funny... :sceptic:

Thanks guys :)

On 12/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, Jurss said:

It would be interesting to build something like that ... and see what cat is saying.

My dog tore apart its legs :laugh:

5 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice, I quite surprised how fast it is (though that's probably just because of how slow the one I'm working on is), but the way it walks... I'm not sure if it's creepy, or funny... :sceptic:

Yes, its pretty quick. Probably a bit of both :wink:

Hey Eurobrickers,

sorry for bumping this old thread.

This is my first post, but since my dark ages ended a year ago I am a frequent reader.

As it happens, I stumbled across this thread and the walker inspired me to transform it into some kind of contraption I want to share with you.

48663587161_f5bdd61b81_c.jpgIMG_7316 by Stuwer Bricks, auf Flickr

The walker is attatched to a trussed beam connecting loading and unloading station.

48663587291_78ab4f1faa_c.jpgIMG_7281 by Stuwer Bricks, auf Flickr

The loading-station is driven by a M-motor. Once it gets activatet it first rotates the container-carrier and then transfers the power to the conveyor.

48663736882_9cc7807898_c.jpgIMG_7319 by Stuwer Bricks, auf Flickr

The unloading-station is driven by a L-motor and first rotates up and then the carrier in order to empty the containers.

[media]

The mechanisms by themselfs run reliable but getting the containers into them, out of them and locking them is the tricky part.

Unfortunately I feel its a bit over-engineered and I ran out of skill and patience and am going to disassamble it soon. It only does two to three rounds until getting stuck or dropping a containers and balls will be everywhere.

Still I wanted to share it with you, maybe it will be of use to someone.