1 hour ago, Jim said:

"we are not looking for futuristic unrealistic scifi designs"

I reckon the Spinner falls into this category. I know I stated that the BMW B-model concept would be okay, but this one is way too much SciFi. Maybe you can build a plane or a helicopter :tongue:

No problem, you make the rules. I might have to choose between developing this one or joining the competition now :sceptic:

35 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

No problem, you make the rules. I might have to choose between developing this one or joining the competition now :sceptic:

You started off with a great concept. I don't see any reason to abandon that project. You can always finish the Spinner later. 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

You started off with a great concept. I don't see any reason to abandon that project. You can always finish the Spinner later. 

:laugh:, That is not how my mind works. I spend my time on the things that I think are interesting. I can try working on other things, but once I have found something more interesting I will always be drawn back to that first. In my experience there is no point in fighting that urge once it is there...

So, I changed the topic title and stuck to the spinner.

Here is an update on the bodywork:

45352558015_ff8fbb152d_c.jpg

Working with dark azure does prove to be a challenge, as does the shaping of the rear. But all in all I am not too unhappy with the progress so far...

Maybe the front wheel wells are a bit out of scale though...

Time for another update:

45619673574_850ae530d9_c.jpg

It now has a working front wheel cap move thingy and scissor doors. All motorized and controlled with 3 up/down levers on the back.

The front wheel cap thingy will first move sideways, and than rotate 90 degrees to be atop of the wheel. The wheel itself will lower so that it sticks below the floor of the spinner.

To do:
- increase the speed of the motorized functions (too much downgearing ATM)
- add chairs
- build IRL in correct colours
- stickers?
- building instructions?

That looks awesome! Great use of the wheel arch panel in the front of the cabin, these pieces are useful for more than 1 thing after all...

Can't wait to see the IRL build of this.

I've not seen Blade Runner since its original cinema release in '82 but this being so recognisable takes me straight back.

Great work Jeroen. You certainly know how to produce the goods. I look forward to seeing it in the brick.

Hi,

Long overdue,since I finished this model already a month ago. But I finally found some time to write about the finished model.

46224286164_bd7d400d8b_b.jpg

It has three motorized funtions:

- The left door
- The right door
- Switching between fly and drive modus

The doors are not that interesting :laugh:, but the switching has a bit more interesting mechanism. When going from fly to drive the covers of the front wheels first slide outwards and then rotate 90 degrees while at the same time the frontwheels are lowered.

Here is a video showing the model and it's functions:

I do not have instructions for this model, but if there is enough interest I can make them.

Leg godt,

Jeroen

Edited by Jeroen Ottens