Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Sinister

Me! With my Army!

The 5th Annual Petersfield LEGO Show was held at the Petersfield Community centre on Saturday 12/04/08. This was my first ever public display! Here's what I had laid out:

ba_petersfield_12.04.08_001.JPG

And here's me! Don't worry, I always look miserable...I was having a great time!

ba_petersfield_12.04.08_107.JPG

Full pictures at Tabletown here or on Flickr.

Dr. S.

An awesome little army you've got there, that fighter jet you've got is especially cool.

It's good that you were enjoying yourself as well. :tongue:

An awesome little army you've got there, that fighter jet you've got is especially cool.

It's good that you were enjoying yourself as well. :tongue:

The fighter was built by Ed Diment - a genius with anything he touches. It's on my dining room table now.

Dr. S.

Great display there Dr.S :thumbup:

What was the reaction? Did any people ask questions about it?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I've been a fan of your work for some time now Dr. S, and this display is particularly cool. I love the fountain and the town hall (?) front, it looks like one of the props from a movie scene!

Keep up the good work mate.

The 5th Annual Petersfield LEGO Show was held at the Petersfield Community centre on Saturday 12/04/08. This was my first ever public display! Here's what I had laid out:

ba_petersfield_12.04.08_001.JPG

And here's me! Don't worry, I always look miserable...I was having a great time!

ba_petersfield_12.04.08_107.JPG

Full pictures at Tabletown here or on Flickr.

Dr. S.

Petersfield was a great show and I am glad that you enjoyed the first public outing of your army. You may sometimes think that your MOCs aren't quite up to the same standard as the MOCs of some other members of Brickish, but I think you should give yourself a little more credit. Your models have a charm of their own and the whole army assembled together looked quite impressive. It was also good to talk to you again, BTW.

Cheers,

Ralph

Great display there Dr.S :thumbup:

What was the reaction? Did any people ask questions about it?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yeah, I had children counting the troops, adults reading the Grunts strips I'd had printed and laminated, people trying to spot the duplicate heads (of which there are only a couple) and one guy stood with me for about 20 minutes asking me all about Tabletown and the Army - actually, he might have been a spy from BestLockLand! It was really good.

Dr. S.

Petersfield was a great show and I am glad that you enjoyed the first public outing of your army. You may sometimes think that your MOCs aren't quite up to the same standard as the MOCs of some other members of Brickish, but I think you should give yourself a little more credit. Your models have a charm of their own and the whole army assembled together looked quite impressive. It was also good to talk to you again, BTW.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thank you Ralph - you are another genius who's work I admire and it was good to see you again, hope you feel better soon. Your B1 bomber is mental by the way...a truly incredible piece of work. I'm glad there wasn't a war between your table and mine, I think one attack by your planes would have ended my Army there and then. :classic:

Dr. S.

I've been a fan of your work for some time now Dr. S, and this display is particularly cool. I love the fountain and the town hall (?) front, it looks like one of the props from a movie scene!

Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks. The town hall thingy is meant to be the Grunts regimental barracks - it's just a backdrop for the display though, so it is essentially built exactly as you state, like a film set - a flat panel with some detailing on it. I felt it needed something there to bring the parade together. It has already appeared in one of the Grunts strips - episode 31 IIRC. I'll work on something bigger and better for future displays, but the focus is really meant to be the troops and the vehicles.

Dr. S.

Nice to see my tanks there as part of your display Dr. S! These pictures have encouraged me to get back into the UK Lego scene and join the Brickish Association, so hopefully I might get to meet some of you guys soon.

Ralph's planes and cars are particularly impressive, and I also really like Dr. Sinister's twin barrelled anti-aircraft tank. I admired these models when they were posted earlier on Eurobricks but never commented because sometimes my online time can be a bit sporadic. Kudos to Ralph and Dr. S. and everyone else who took part!

Nice to see my tanks there as part of your display Dr. S! These pictures have encouraged me to get back into the UK Lego scene and join the Brickish Association, so hopefully I might get to meet some of you guys soon.

Ralph's planes and cars are particularly impressive, and I also really like Dr. Sinister's twin barrelled anti-aircraft tank. I admired these models when they were posted earlier on Eurobricks but never commented because sometimes my online time can be a bit sporadic. Kudos to Ralph and Dr. S. and everyone else who took part!

Great! I joined Brickish about a year ago and it has been great fun. Last year's Petersfield show was my first public event and I really enjoyed it. The guy who deserves most of the credit here is William, who organises the lego show every year.

If you want to meet Brickish members on the road, there'll be a display at Legoland Windsor in the May bank holiday weekend (I'll probably not be there myself). The one you really don't want to miss is the Great Western Lego show, in the Steam museum in Swindon, that'll take place in October. It's a two day event and it's great. Members pulled out all the stops last year and this year's event will probably be even bigger. I for one intend to bring all the aircraft and helicopters that I have in the UK (should fill a few tables) and I wouldn't be surprised if the tabletown army will also be there in force.

A lot of pictures of last year's event can be found in James Shield's flickr gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostcarpark/c...57602339438818/

Dr S. was also in attendance:

http://www.tabletownonline.com/steam2007.html

Cheers,

Ralph

That looks fantastic! All of it together like that, it's so darn cool! Makes me want to make my own army. :grin: Really, that is fantastic, and I love the propaganda posters in the background too. :grin:

~Peace