Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOC] Canadian Pacific #8000 2-10-4 Experimental High Pressure Locomotive

As soon as I saw this crazy looking thing, I knew I had to build it. IRL, the locomotive itself was a spectacular failure, being active for less than a decade, and spending almost half its service life in the shops. However, it was the largest engine ever fielded by the Canadian Pacific, and - really - how could you not love something that looks like its torn straight from the pages of a steampunk comic?

Proto:

X7L7w9p.jpg

nDXY4JT.jpg

6bYPFWw.jpg

2Da98KD.jpg

3SRtVUt.jpg

TKRoBiE.png

pO3beKl.jpg

AkyFX8B.jpg

Bluerender:

g7ftHIm.png

nVkH8lk.png

N2cvPhv.png

5IgSRtd.png

LDD:

pDjniWI.png

TUBsOLa.png

OEFWNQV.png

56YJg9c.png

Eku54jA.png

I'm amazed that you got the flex tool to cooperate on that front tubing! Also, I may have to steal your technique for hanging the bell.

29 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

I'm amazed that you got the flex tool to cooperate on that front tubing! Also, I may have to steal your technique for hanging the bell.

The flex tool is bizarre - sometimes it does some astonishing things that you didn't think were possible... other times (most of the time :/) it refuses to do the most simplistic of fits regardless of what you try. 

Unrelated, but I completely redid the steam and sand domes - I wan't satisfied with how blocky they were. Although this introduces some small gaps in the top of the boiler, I feel like the tradeoff is worth it for shapes that are far closer to the prototype:

fbkKKxW.png

Your an animal!  Lol yet another amazing creation in no time...  Hats off to you...  I really like the color choice in this one.   

I discovered something this weekend.  Build a stand to prop your drive wheels off the track and turn the engine on...  People love it absolutely love watching the rods move! 

10 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I discovered something this weekend.  Build a stand to prop your drive wheels off the track and turn the engine on...  People love it absolutely love watching the rods move! 

Yup, this is one of my favorite railroad videos for that very reason.