Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day Five: Con Crud

45489114562_87b138b0fd_b.jpg

Day Five: Con Crud

32265651548_b0065d503c_b.jpg

Rider Raider, cosplaying as Doc Brown, was heading out of his hotel room to look for some trouble. "I sure hope I run into something or someone who can take my mind off of this game. It's getting on my nerves!" Suddenly a figure emerged. Rider Raider grinned in delight. He waved the individual over.

32265651718_1feaaa8913_b.jpg

"Greetings, friend! What can I do for you?" Rider Raider asked. The figure looked distraught. "Oh, it's awful, I've lost most of my gardening tools! All I have is this shovel!"
"Gardening tools? Whatever would you need gardening tools in a place like this?" Rider Raider asked.
"Here, let me show you." The figure replied.

32265651808_6900c5a8d7_b.jpg

With lightning fast reflexes, a shovel was drawn out from nowhere! Rider Raider barely had any time to react as the shovel was soon brought down upon him! Desperately, Rider Raider tried to defend himself from his attacker, but his attempts were not enough.

32265651898_8c10e30b89_b.jpg

His head was bashed in several times over by the shovel wielding murderer. When Rider Raider finally stopped twitching the assailant ended their assault, leaving the scene as shouts and gunshots could be heard elsewhere in the hotel.

46086714322_e962d3547c_b.jpg

Tariq j, cosplaying as Batgirl, had been fleeing from their own problems. A machine gun-totting assailant had been chasing them throughout the hotel most of the night. Already suffering a wound, Tariq j turned to confront their tormentor, their balance unsteady. "Why do you do this?" Tariq j asked. Their assailant only laughed. "Sorry, mate. It's just business as usual." 

32265651978_b439e8a79c_b.jpg

Tariq j was swiftly blown away in a hail of machine gun fire. The assailant fled into the night, their machine gun barrel smoking.

46086713322_59549de591_b.jpg

The next day, the remaining cosplayers gathered together in the convention hall, actually able to all fit around the small stage set up at the front without crowding. Their numbers were dwindling, and fast. Kintobor drank his morning coffee as Sakura laid out pizza and drinks for the day. 

46086713512_cf7e8e6b1b_b.jpg

"And then there was seven of you." Kintobor remarks dryly. "Staying alive until day five is no easy feat. Congratulations to those of you who've made it this far.

I'm certain you all want to know about KotZ's alignment, as well as what all the commotion was last night, so let's not dally about and get straight into the important stuff.

KotZ, cosplaying as Oroku Karai, was townWe found nothing to indicate that there was any connection to the mafia, or any real scummy stuff behind the scenes. Looks like you townies lynched a townie. Womp womp.

Surprisingly enough, we had two deaths last night, shockingly enough. Rider Raider, cosplaying as Doc Brown, was townBeing beaten to death by a shovel is not very pleasant, and I doubt time travel's going to save him now, so doff your cap if your wearing one.

Tariq j, cosplaying as Batgirl, was also townGunned down in a hail of machine gun fire is also not a pleasant way to go. I was not able to determine who was responsible for the deaths of Rider Raider or Tariq j, so don't bother asking me. 

I want to see some productive discussions today. Don't die, because you can't contribute if you're dead! It'll take a majority of four to get a lynch, so get out there and try your best!"

Non-Player Cosplayers

30846618417_96fee65513_o.jpgKintobor, cosplaying as Grand Moff Kinto (Moderator)

The Cosplayers

45726152311_dd8239e6b0_o.jpgfhomess, cosplaying Chell

45726152161_dd549ebe79_o.jpgLegoMonorailFan, cosplaying Ellie Sattler

45001190694_417c4eb5b7_o.jpgKhscarymovie4, cosplaying as Hector Barbossa

45001190654_37e844d5cb_o.jpgStickfig, cosplaying as Hera Syndulla

45001190604_d43a43d9e1_o.jpgBob, cosplaying as Superman

45726151741_4f926078e0_o.jpgLady K, cosplaying as the Eleventh Doctor

45726151641_95d8f83c84_o.jpgAsphalt, cosplaying as the Joker

The Dead

31995708928_203bb2691a_o.jpgjluck, cosplaying as Legolas Twinleaf. Murdered Night One. Alignment: Town

32090747518_38aaf2a146_o.jpgForeman, cosplaying as Finn. Lynched Day Two. Alignment: Town

46015748942_c539c3654b_o.jpgmostlytechnic, cosplaying as Mad-Eye Moody. Lynched Day Three. Alignment: Mafia

46015748852_3536fc7cc7_o.jpgForresto, cosplaying as Wonder Woman. Murdered Night Three. Alignment: Town

32265651078_44c5a8a4a0_o.jpgKotZ, cosplaying as Oroku Karai. Lynched Day Four. Alignment: Town

32265651008_c70f7d25ee_o.jpgRider Raider, cosplaying as Doc Brown. Murdered Night Four. Alignment: Town

46086712492_bf5c7c5ff7_o.jpgTariq j, cosplaying as Batgirl. Murdered Night Four. Alignment: Town

Rules: (Thanks Def. I'm stealing your rules.:tongue:)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town.  Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

Arr. It seems I was wrong on both of my top suspects yesterday. I am very sorry I helped stear this Oroku lynch. Her very poor lynch reasonings made me very suspicious of her and I am sad that she was a true townie. It seems that we had two kills last night. I guess their is a vigilante (or some other third party) after all. I assume that the Doctor Brown kill would be the vig as he was suspected by a lot of people (including myself) the day that was yester. Using knowledge from other similar experiences I would reckon that we have 2 - 3 scum left. This is not good at all. I hate having to say this but some night results may be needed at the present moment. I will look back to see if anything pops out to me. But this is a strategy I have used before and have led to some poor decisions on my part. 

First: Crap. :wall:

Second: If there's potentially three scum players remaining, We have to kill at least two of them with a lynch and a vig kill today otherwise it's potentially game over correct?

What the heck?  Two night kills this late in our party?  I agree about poor decision making on many of our parts; played well for those against us.  With Oroku I really suspected her by her poor defense and what seemed as insistence that we just believe she was town; turns out we should have. :sad:  Two or three scum left is a very unsettling thought.

And that is what I get for jumpin on the wagon. Wow townies are getting dropped left and right. So the question is do we have some very clever scum getting us to off ourselves while they spread their votes as a distraction or are three of the other voters in the lynch all scum?

Here are the final votes from yesterday.

Current Vote Count:

Oroku Kirai (KotZ) 6 Votes (Khscarymovie4, Bob, Legomonorailfan, Tariq j, Lady K, Asphalt)

Doc Brown (Rider Raider) 1 Vote (fhomess)

Superman (Bob) 1 Vote (Stickfig)

Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4) 1 Vote (KotZ)

With ten players remaining it takes a majority of 6 to lynch. 2 hours remain. A reminder that not voting will result in a vote-penalty.

After this the only vote to come in was Doc Brown to vote for Oroku.

I would say that in my time travels from previous cosplay parties and other get togethers, usually there are very few (if any) single votes out side of the days lynch choice; with the exception of the accused voting.

Here we have two:  Chell who voted for Doc Brown who ended up dead and was revealed to be loyal cosplayer and Hera who voted for Superman.

I find these two high on the list of today's suspects.

16 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

First: Crap. :wall:

Second: If there's potentially three scum players remaining, We have to kill at least two of them with a lynch and a vig kill today otherwise it's potentially game over correct?

Well we could just eventually lynch all the scum with no vig kill and still win. But at this point the town is close to the edge no doubt. If there are 3 scum left we can only spare one townie a day. I assume the scum will try and take a townie out each night so if the town mislynches or vig kills a good folk we may lose. I wish more mouths would chatter as I am interested in other people's thoughts. I am still gathering mine so I do understand the lack of talk. Hopefully we are collecting victorious thoughts and not the other kind. 

We have seven of us left; with two or three scum, that leaves only four to five of us as loyal cosplayers.  We really need to be very careful today.

I would like to hear why Chell and Hera left their votes individually on different lynches choices vs what the town had decided on.  One thought is that one of them knew that  Oroku would be revealed as loyal cosplayer and then try to claim innocence due to not suspecting her.  That would mean at least on scum on the bandwagon for Oroku.

2 hours ago, Lady K said:

We have seven of us left; with two or three scum, that leaves only four to five of us as loyal cosplayers.  We really need to be very careful today.

I would like to hear why Chell and Hera left their votes individually on different lynches choices vs what the town had decided on.  One thought is that one of them knew that  Oroku would be revealed as loyal cosplayer and then try to claim innocence due to not suspecting her.  That would mean at least on scum on the bandwagon for Oroku.

I left my vote on Bob because I think he's scum and I didn't think Oroku was. There was no need of my vote for a lynch. No one else seems to share my suspicions about Bob, unfortunately. In any case, if I had moved my vote once the lynch was sealed, then you'd be asking me why I bandwagoned. :drunk:

You voted for a townie; I didn't.

Why do you keep saying loyal cosplayer instead of just town? Are you a scum who actually believes that's what the town is called in their roles? *huh*

11 minutes ago, StickFig said:

Why do you keep saying loyal cosplayer instead of just town? Are you a scum who actually believes that's what the town is called in their roles? *huh*

That's an interesting thought. Same could be said about you sort of as well for bringing it up.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

That's an interesting thought. Same could be said about you sort of as well for bringing it up.

:wacko:

You could be scum trying to get @Lady K to quote her role in a PM so you could repeat it if someone asked you what your role was. (Of course this would be in a potentially fictional scenario where you were scum and she was town. I'm not stating any facts here.)

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

You could be scum trying to get @Lady K to quote her role in a PM so you could repeat it if someone asked you what your role was. (Of course this would be in a potentially fictional scenario where you were scum and she was town. I'm not stating any facts here.)

I've already told everyone what my role is. Town miller.

You know what I just noticed, Lady K? Everyone who voted for you is now dead. ........

1 minute ago, StickFig said:

Well technically you've claimed miller. :sceptic:

From your point of view, it's a claim. From my point of view, I've stated exactly what my role said. There is nothing else to say. My role doesn't say "loyal cosplay miller", it says "town miller".

But I don't think you care. I think you're scum, looking to take out one more town vote.

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

I left my vote on Bob because I think he's scum and I didn't think Oroku was. There was no need of my vote for a lynch. No one else seems to share my suspicions about Bob, unfortunately. In any case, if I had moved my vote once the lynch was sealed, then you'd be asking me why I bandwagoned. :drunk:

You voted for a townie; I didn't.

Ok. However, in my past time travel experiences it boils down to who supports the towns choice of a lynch and who doesn't.  If you had switched and given a reason then no, we would not be asking why you joined the bandwagon as it is quite common on later days.  

Interesting.  A scum would use the 'you voted for townie and I didn't' to try to look good to the town.  Makes me wonder if you knew that Oroku was going to flip town.

It is called keeping in my character.  We are at a cosplay convention in a hotel... that is probably in a town.  Why is it bothering you?

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

You know what I just noticed, Lady K? Everyone who voted for you is now dead. ........

:wacko:  Who voted for me?  What a weird thing to say, care to explain?

The ACTUAL Final Vote Count for Day One:

Hera Syndulla (Stickfig): 3 Votes (Foreman, LegoMonorailFan, mostlytechnic)

Wonder Woman (Forresto): 1 Vote (KotZ)

Superman (Bob): 1 Vote (Asphalt)

Batgirl (Tariq j): 1 Vote (Khscarymovie4)

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan): 5 Votes (Rider Raider, jluck, fhomess, Tariq j, Forresto)

Legolas Twinleaf (jluck): 2 Votes (Stickfig, Bob)

Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic): 1 Vote (Lady K)

Day 2:

Current Vote Count:

Wonder Woman (Forresto), 1 Votes (Foreman)

Mad-Eye Moody (Mostly-Technic), 1 Vote (Asphalt)

Finn (Foreman), 11 Votes (Forresto, KotZ, Khscarymovie4, mostly-technic, fhomess, Tariq j, Rider Raider, Stickfig, Bob, LegoMonorailFan, Lady K)

Day 3;

Final Vote Count for Day Three:

Mad-Eye Moody (MostlyTechnic) 11 Votes- (Forresto, KotZ, fhomess, Khscarymovie4, Stickfig, LegoMonorailfan, Rider Raider, Tariq j, Asphalt, Bob, Lady K)

Oruku Kiray (KotZ) 1 Vote- (MostlyTechnic)

Day 4:

Current Vote Count:

Oroku Kirai (KotZ) 6 Votes (Khscarymovie4, Bob, Legomonorailfan, Tariq j, Lady K, Asphalt)

Doc Brown (Rider Raider) 1 Vote (fhomess)

Superman (Bob) 1 Vote (Stickfig)

Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4) 1 Vote (KotZ)

Then Rider Raider rolls in with just a few minutes left to add his vote to Oroku; making the total to seven.

I have tried to show who we know is town and scum. 

Well that's a spectacularly bad turn of events.  We're likely going to have to lynch scum from here on out to win this thing.

I want to hear from a few of the folks who haven't checked in yet.  Oh wait, that's just me and Superman.

So I think it's notable how Ellie is latching on to the Doctor's questioning of Hera and going after her there.  The Doctor seems to be intentionally trying to avoid having anyone look at the bandwagon on Oroku in any detail as well, while Barbossa seems intent on ignoring yesterday entirely and looking back farther... or getting some PR results to inform his decision.  Meanwhile, the Joker asks redundant questions to which there are no answers and Hera accuses the Doctor of killing everyone who voted for her, which... doesn't appear to have even happened.  I need a vote gatling gun at this point.

Personally, I think there's at least 2 scum on the Oroku bandwagon.  Oroku was moderately scummy but this wasn't a case of a Finn who was super scummy and odd or of Mad-Eye who we had a result on.  Both Ellie and the Doctor pushed Oroku hard on the reasoning behind his vote for Barbossa.  As the one person beside Hera who didn't vote for Oroku, I agree with Hera's question of if we had switched our votes, would you not have called us out for a late switch?  My vote wasn't needed on the bandwagon and I was happy to leave it with Doc Brown.

Apologies... I accidentally pasted something at the end of my post that is completely unrelated to this.  I thought I had deleted it before posting.

If you're curiously what those numbers mean... it's related to a board game racing league and you can find it here.

Edited by fhomess
3 Jan, 2019 - Removed erroneous attachment.

I know who I'm voting for:

Vote: Barbossa / Khscarymovie4 

Yesterday I said that if one was town the other must be scum. Next on my list is the Joker. New or not, sometimes new players are thrown into the deep end and made scum in their first game. Finally is Ellie Sattler. Interesting that the vigilante finally made a move or perhaps has already been active and the scum killer was blocked at one point. I'm satisfied with this vote. All three of the people I listed voted for Oroku yesterday, myself included because I wanted to test the theory of which of the two was scum. (Barbossa or Oroku)

Don't know about Hera, she could legitimately be a miller. Willing to trust Doctor Who I suppose even though he voted for Oroku. 

Vote for Barbossa for a better and safer future. Night kill Sattler or the Joker. If both come back as scum then kill the other. If one comes back as scum and I'm wrong on the other, I'll reassess. 

I admit that I got stuck in the bandwagon on that last vote.  It was a busy week and I didnt realize voting was up until less than an hour prior.  That is on me.  But I was Dead on about Moody from the start.   And I may be new, but doesn't calling me out to be a night kill sound like a scum move?  A Town member wouldn't want a night kill nor be capable of it.  

After looking over a lot of information presented in front of thy. I have come to some thoughts that I believe I need to share. I was holding back on relieving my thoughts as I don't want scum knowing what I am thinking but I feel that they should be out for all to see. As a note I did send these thoughts to Hera before the rest of you as I wanted her opinion. She never responded so I feel I need to just share it all here. Today the vig (or 3rd party) kill certainly surprised me as I had started to suspect that we had no other killer in this game. But it appears there is another. I have mentioned this before but out of the two kills I would believe that our dear departed Dr. Brown was more likely the vig kill as he was suspected by a lot of people that day. Yesterday the only person who actually put a vote on our friend was Chell. Something else to note that I believe on night 2 Chell was blocked (this is told through the grapevine) and there no kills that night. Using all this I believe it too be very possible that Chell would be could be some kind of killer. Judging by the fact that she suspected RR yesterday and he is now dead I am leaning a little towards her being the vig. I did not want to share this with everyone as I really don't like scum knowing what I am thinking but at this point we are in grave danger and I think all my thoughts would be best with everyone. The scum have done very well in this place loosing only one member to an investigation result. So I would definitely say we have some experienced people on the not so friendly team. Using process of elimination I would say that the 11th Doctor and my arch enemy pirate Superman stand out to me the most. They are pretty experienced pretenders which would explain why the team is doing very well this time around. The 11th Doctor has definitely stood out today as he has gone after people for not joining the lynch wagon. While I do agree that a no lynch yesterday would have been bad I don't see why scum would allow one to happen. It's not so friendly to both teams you see. To me he sounds like someone looking to put blame on anyone for anything, and if we are at a tight situation then it does not really matter how it would look the next day as you have already won. 

Just now, Bob said:

I know who I'm voting for:

Vote: Barbossa / Khscarymovie4 

Yesterday I said that if one was town the other must be scum. Next on my list is the Joker. New or not, sometimes new players are thrown into the deep end and made scum in their first game. Finally is Ellie Sattler. Interesting that the vigilante finally made a move or perhaps has already been active and the scum killer was blocked at one point. I'm satisfied with this vote. All three of the people I listed voted for Oroku yesterday, myself included because I wanted to test the theory of which of the two was scum. (Barbossa or Oroku)

Don't know about Hera, she could legitimately be a miller. Willing to trust Doctor Who I suppose even though he voted for Oroku. 

Vote for Barbossa for a better and safer future. Night kill Sattler or the Joker. If both come back as scum then kill the other. If one comes back as scum and I'm wrong on the other, I'll reassess. 

I made a mistake in suspecting Oroku yesterday and you said you would suspect me if she flipped town. So this is not something unexpected. But honestly why do you trust Doctor Who? He was also very much in favor of lynching the samurai. If you suspect me more that's fine but to outright trust someone who did something similar is crazy talk. 

Vote: 11th Doctor (Lady K) 

Superman is also highly suspicious at the moment, 

Just now, Khscarymovie4 said:

I made a mistake in suspecting Oroku yesterday and you said you would suspect me if she flipped town. So this is not something unexpected. But honestly why do you trust Doctor Who? He was also very much in favor of lynching the samurai. If you suspect me more that's fine but to outright trust someone who did something similar is crazy talk. 

Vote: 11th Doctor (Lady K) 

Superman is also highly suspicious at the moment, 

Doctor Who has been flying under the radar too much. Most scum like to fly under the radar while still appearing active. This leads me to believe she's likely a power role and now you're trying to kill him off after presumably rolecopping last night. 

Barbossa supported the lynch for Oroku yesterday and was confident she was scum. Sattler and Joker supported this lynch. Yesterday I said it was one or the other. 

2 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I admit that I got stuck in the bandwagon on that last vote.  It was a busy week and I didnt realize voting was up until less than an hour prior.  That is on me.  But I was Dead on about Moody from the start.   And I may be new, but doesn't calling me out to be a night kill sound like a scum move?  A Town member wouldn't want a night kill nor be capable of it.  

There's clearly a town vigilante out there unless for some strange and bizarre reason the scum get two kills, which would be utterly ridiculous. Calling out a night kill for the vigilante on someone that you think is scum is not a "scum move". 

Vote for Barbossa. He's scum.

14 hours ago, StickFig said:

I'm town. We're called town, not "loyal cosplayers". Anybody that is actually town knows that. Saying "loyal cosplayers" is just a different way of him saying town perhaps. I call the innocents town in every single game I play, even when they're called things like "loyalists", "innocents", whatever. I call the scum "scum" every game as well no matter what they're called in the game. Everyone's alignment the next day has come out as "town" so there's no reason for Doctor Who to assume that our roles are "loyal cosplayers" since they've all come back as "town". This is a flimsy suspicion thinking that Doctor Who is scum because he's calling people loyal cosplayers. Perhaps you're using that miller claim as scum or you're just severely misguided. Not sure which. 

I could be totally wrong on some of these suspicions, but I believe I'm correct on at least a few.