CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2018 - Your Santa MOC winners thread

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It shows how careful you have to be with language when discussing probabliities. The probability of winning goes up, down and stays the same as the event progresses, depending on exactly how you define the problem.

This is why you don't let a Civil Engineer do statistics! At least I was correct in part, just it was only *one* part of many. I'll add your points to the sheet at some point, but at the rate my workload is increasing it won't be until next year. 

Fun competition, thanks to those involved with it.

I'm excited to see what I won. :classic:

Thanks for running this raffle and merry Christmas!

35 minutes ago, Hive said:

Fun competition, thanks to those involved with it.

I'm excited to see what I won. :classic:

So am I, as it's probably too hard to ship an actual manatee...we'd better start building saltwater tanks just in case! :rofl:

7 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

This is why you don't let a Civil Engineer do statistics! At least I was correct in part, just it was only *one* part of many. I'll add your points to the sheet at some point, but at the rate my workload is increasing it won't be until next year. 

Or politicians or journalists. They can decide what they want people to think then come up with the statistic they need to prove why.

Thanks for doing this raffle. I always look forward to it. It's fun/neat to see what people come up with. And the wait is exciting and frustrating on the countdown.

Edited by TheLegoDr
Typo

Wow! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Prize E on day 8!

Thanks @CopMike and @Sigfreid this is a fun contest/distracting each year to see what everyone comes up with.

This year is particularly significant for me, completing 7 weeks of radiation therapy next week.

Andy D

Avast, Prize C on Day 8.  Pirate Santa Claus gets a manatee for Xmas dinner.

Thank you very much, CopMike.  :pir-classic:

Coolcoolcool! I won manatee C (just like in the last year raffle) on the day 7. Congrats to the winners and good luck to all who hasn't won yet.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:24 AM, tman684 said:

Apologies if this is not an appropriate place to ask, but the 2011 calendar is not linked like the other past calendars are, is there someplace where I can see what the prizes were? I don't remember what I won that year

I'll get around to it eventually. I've got all the backups here. It's a bit of bother doing it though....  I didn't always archive these, and when this whole thing started I didn't expect for it to keep going!

Looking at the code you were in section "C" so I think it was;

03.JPG

On other issues, the Calendar should now be correct and complete...

Nobody knows yet. It is usually 3-5 themed minifigures or similar but it depends what LEGO supplies. I'm sure copmike will post once he knows, hopefully with a few partial reveals first as a teaser.

5 hours ago, Jefry Been said:

Today won prize E. What is the prize?

Sorry, it's my first time)

Thanks in advance))

I second what @MAB said. He will usually announce what people have won in this forum before shipping everything off. The prizes are always good. 

Yuhu, this is the 1st time I win a manatee! Earlier I always won some already-known minifigs, but it is more excited.

22 hours ago, MAB said:

Nobody knows yet. It is usually 3-5 themed minifigures or similar but it depends what LEGO supplies. I'm sure copmike will post once he knows, hopefully with a few partial reveals first as a teaser.

Oh , sounds good! Thanks)

19 hours ago, Garmetrowolf said:

I second what @MAB said. He will usually announce what people have won in this forum before shipping everything off. The prizes are always good. 

Thanks)