My take on Corner garage, I kept the retro feeling, but changed all the dark red and dark green to green and red, even changed the old gas pump to modern standard.

Also used a grey 32x32 baseplate (those from Parisian Restaurant -->green one now) to build the set on, much better than those tan color one --> I use those one for sand now

zx7ex1.jpg

42 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

What exactly is disappointing?

The proportion. I think different parts of the whole design has "proportional" problem. For example, the "car stock" should not be as large as the "roof" thing of the center. Sorry My English is not good

Hi guys,

I know that this forum/topic is a bit old now but I think this is where I should post this.

This is my modified Corner Garage.

49185382933_9164037c2f_z.jpg                           

15068.png.b58797f2be59ddcf77e07c6bb81b2167.png

The main problem that I wanted to fix was the gaps on either side of the angled wall. I used 2x2 curved slopes attached with SNOT building to fill the gap. I also changed a few design features on the facade of the upper two floors and roof (I removed the curved corner tiles, removed the grey slopes under the windows, changed some of the window sills so that they were all uniform, etc.). Notice that I made the awning wider and that I also centered it to the building (this means that the two entrances/exits of the drive-through are now the same width). In the photo below you can see how I have tidied up the ground floor exterior. I replaced the white 1x1 round bricks (at the joins between the walls) with technic pin connectors and 1x1 round plates with bars to give a smoother finish. I also moved the control knob for the garage door to the other side and then used some white 2x4 tiles to cover the grey area. Other ares that I have changes here include the steps below the blue door and the bottom of the angled wall (it used to be white but now it is solid green).

49186098067_c90535ee89_z.jpg

download.jpg.f690f79f4f174c33b7d0eb021e195567.jpg      15262.png.4d8f47da8bee084872828c4b0edf2b82.png

I laid some tiles down on in the ground floor (still need to wall off those stairs) and also renovated the kitchen in the apartment.

49189434998_aa915ec7c5_z.jpg49186099382_aab4ec7ec2_z.jpg

Also, how could i forget the truck!

49185403008_ba620af63a_z.jpg

There are still some changes I wish to make yet (I think I will remove the veterinary clinic and then enlarge the apartment so that it spans both upper floors).

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Ginger Ninja
Typos, typos, and more typos!

The removal of the gaps is key. That looks loads better. The gaps are one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to buy this thing. I don't mind the color scheme, I don't mind the occupants, but those gaps...does not show me advanced/expensive set.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ginger Ninja said:

49185382933_9164037c2f_z.jpg                           

15068.png.b58797f2be59ddcf77e07c6bb81b2167.png

The main problem that I wanted to fix was the gaps on either side of the angled wall. I used 2x2 curved slopes attached with SNOT building to fill the gap.

Hi @Ginger Ninja I love the Corner Garage but your modification makes it so much better. Do you have any pictures of the way you did the SNOT to hide the gaps in Corner Garage? I would like to do something similar to mine.

4 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

Hi @Ginger Ninja I love the Corner Garage but your modification makes it so much better. Do you have any pictures of the way you did the SNOT to hide the gaps in Corner Garage? I would like to do something similar to mine.

Hi fordtruckin,

Thank you, and yes, I have some more pictures.

Below is the Corner Garage without the pieces that usually hide the gaps (also below). I wanted to have as many connection points as possible, especially around the transitions between the floors and roof, as the final result looks smoother. The downside is that I had to make some changes to the plate structure that each floor is built on in order to make room for the stud-on-the-side bricks (hopefully that makes sense). Doing this does affect the structure of the building (mainly in that the floors are now harder to seperate, although that is not a big deal for me).

49202288732_13af35c8c2_z.jpg    49202081491_70d4eb45d1_z.jpg                 

Here are some close-ups of each floor. The white pieces are headlight bricks on their backs, they did not show up well on camera.

49202288362_fea3e5f323_z.jpg    49202288277_6bb908e231_z.jpg

49202288157_6668454201_z.jpg    49202080771_4de4c9d998_z.jpg

Here is a close up of the roof. Again, I've used a headlight brick on its back.

49201596783_43c4033f67_z.jpg

One more thing worth noting: I added a layer of dark oragne tiles to the top of the ground floor walls. This not only acts to border off the facade of the floor above but also it partially removes the overhang of the SNOT work that would otherwise be far more noticeable. (I placed my stud-on-the-side bricks so that the SNOT pieces would be flush with the wall at the top, not the bottom.)

49202288457_fe3dac77b5_z.jpg    49202221651_f3e533bf17_z.jpg

Hopefully this helps. Also I am happy to answer any further questions and provide any more pictures if you need them.

6 hours ago, Ginger Ninja said:

Hopefully this helps. Also I am happy to answer any further questions and provide any more pictures if you need them.

Thank you so much! That was indeed very helpful! I will definitely let you know if I have any more questions.

I got two of the copies of the Corner Garage. If I build both, can I take the middle two floors from one and add them to the other, making a building with 5 floors (ground floor)? And then with the remaining ground floor, can I put the left-over roof piece directly on top of it?

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

I got two of the copies of the Corner Garage. If I build both, can I take the middle two floors from one and add them to the other, making a building with 5 floors (ground floor)? And then with the remaining ground floor, can I put the left-over roof piece directly on top of it?

Yes...with one minor hitch. The 1x slopes on the roof’s ends won’t sit flush on the garage side.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Ginger Ninja said:

I'm really not bothered by the small gaps, but I can't believe how much better it looks without the little 1/4 circle tiles / other fiddly bits! 

Makes it look so much more 'masculine' and solid. Will have to do that to mine next BL order