Just now, 3797 said:

The rollercoaster had exactly ONE new piece and most of the other ~4000 pieces were in fact of the (much) smaller variaty. You're welcome.

I know what it has because I have one of the sets.

your conclusion it was more expensive because of one unique piece is wrong. like I said before, when special elements such as track, which this set had an abundance of, are included, the price is higher than the average PPP.

so you're wrong. 

The price per pc is around 7cents for the Garage, the prices have been kept low for too long and they suddenly increased it due to inflation they had no choice.  A gradual annual increase would have been better suited.

59 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

46161114121_e30bde9089_n.jpg46161114231_7bbb1b1e11_n.jpg

Ah, pretty weird. Surely it hasn't been made for this specific set, because it doesn't look like it's needed here.

The bracket is great, though. I thought it was yet another compound of classic brackets, but it has more to do with the very old L-shaped brackets, with full plate underside - very useful!

The interior is surprisingly empty. It reminds me of the Grand Emporium and the upper floors of the Green Grocer. The veterinarian isn't too bad, but the apartment and the garage could use more mini builds or tiling.

Some of you guys' comments are a bit too rude in my opinion, we're all love the same brand and we're all here for it so no reason to be rude... :classic:

On 12/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, Lyichir said:

At this point I really shouldn't be surprised by how much negativity surrounds this set (since AFOLs always find something to complain about), but nevertheless it still stuns me. This is an amazing building that has a completely novel look compared to previous corner buildings and implements all sorts of awesome new techniques (especially the angled facade using the new rounded 1x2 plate), yet once more I've seen people insulting the designers' skill or saying it looks like the almost universally simpler Creator 3-in-1 sets.

Whatever... I'll enjoy it.

First of all, I would like to say that I respect your opinion. I couldn't read all the comments but personally, I'm not a big fan. I'm personally not trying to insult designer's skills (I'm not defending myself by the way), the Lego designers are always the most skilled and talented so the greatest MOCers, what saddens me is to see that they have too many limits when working on an official Lego product which doesn't let use designer's real talents and skills. I'm sorry to say but this is my least favorite official modular to date. I respect your opinion though, not everyone have the same tastes...

Edited by LegoModularFan

Just now, Terrasher said:

The interior is surprisingly empty. It reminds me of the Grand Emporium and the upper floors of the Green Grocer. The veterinarian isn't too bad, but the apartment and the garage could use more mini builds or tiling.

One more reason why I would likely get 2 to fix those imperfections.  make an XL and maybe change the gas station up or remove it entirely.

I have found my first modular purchase folks!

Love it. The only things that may have tempted me more are a proper old Pub or a bookshop full of secrets.

2 minutes ago, anothergol said:

Ah, pretty weird. Surely it hasn't been made for this specific set, because it doesn't look like it's needed here.

The bracket is great, though. I thought it was yet another compound of classic brackets, but it has more to do with the very old L-shaped brackets, with full plate underside - very useful!

actually it is, if you look closely at the gas pumps, the Octan sign is using a light saber style holder with a stud, but the piece is too small for the 2x2 round tile to fit properly so this is where this new jumper is useful.

Just now, ncx said:

I know what it has because I have one of the sets.

your conclusion it was more expensive because of one unique piece is wrong. like I said before, when special elements such as track, which this set had an abundance of, are included, the price is higher than the average PPP.

so you're wrong. 

The price per pc is around 7cents for the Garage, the prices have been kept low for too long and they suddenly increased it due to inflation they had no choice.  A gradual annual increase would have been better suited.

Most of the track pieces are being used in the pirate coaster as well as other mainline sets. They produce millions of those! I'm done talking to you. I studied economics. You live in a country where people seem to agree with paying upwards of $1500/month just to rent a shoe box sized apartment. You guys obviously have a different view on the value of the almighty US$. Still doesn't change the fact that some few guys are ruining the hobby for a vast majority of us.

3 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

First of all, I would like to say that I respect your opinion. I couldn't read all the comments but personally, I'm not a big fan. I'm personally not insulting designer's skills (I'm not defending myself by the way), the Lego designers are always the most skilled and talented so the greatest MOCers, what saddens me is to see that they have too many limits when working on an official Lego product which doesn't let use designer's real talents and skills. I'm sorry to say but this is my least favorite official modular to date. I respect your opinion though, not everyone have the same tastes...

Agreed. I'm really glad for those who love it and are definitely going to buy it, but this feels off for me. Share your point of view entirely @LegoModularFan. Maybe not worst, but worse than all the ones from PR to now as for now.

I'm impressed: Not because of the building, but because It didn't get leaked as far as I know. (i know it being a garage was leaked, but I didn't see any pictures?)

As far as teh buildig goes, i don't know if I i like it yet, but I'll probably buy it because Lego could create a modular building that looked like a giant turd and I'd probably still buy it. 

6 minutes ago, ncx said:

actually it is, if you look closely at the gas pumps, the Octan sign is using a light saber style holder with a stud, but the piece is too small for the 2x2 round tile to fit properly so this is where this new jumper is useful.

But it's not a jumper, and it's not where it's used.

It's used for the base of the pump, and even more weirdly, only on one side. The other side has a normal, old-style turntable. Why not on both sides? And why is a turntable even needed here? I get it that it's more secure, but eventually it's still just 4 studs holding it on 2 places.
*surely* this new part was created for another set.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:34 PM, primocucu said:

This pics show a different look of the building, maybe even better than the official ones: 

http://valbrick.com/2018/12/03/anunciado-el-nuevo-modular-10264-corner-garage/

I think these look a lot nicer than the official pictures... Still not totally convinced though...

On 12/3/2018 at 4:59 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, and last but not least, PARTS! No one here has shared this here yet: New Elementary - LEGO® CREATOR EXPERT 10264 CORNER GARAGE: THE NEW PARTS

2560x1440-white-solid-color-background.jpg

Wow, such a useful piece, I wonder why Lego didn't introduce it earlier...

On 12/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

46161114121_e30bde9089_n.jpg46161114231_7bbb1b1e11_n.jpg

Looks pretty interesting, I wonder how MOCers are going to use this other than it's purpose...

Edited by LegoModularFan

5 minutes ago, 3797 said:

Most of the track pieces are being used in the pirate coaster as well as other mainline sets. They produce millions of those! I'm done talking to you. I studied economics. You live in a country where people seem to agree with paying upwards of $1500/month just to rent a shoe box sized apartment. You guys obviously have a different view on the value of the almighty US$. Still doesn't change the fact that some few guys are ruining the hobby for a vast majority of us.

Man I wish my rent was only 1500 a month. 

People here don't agree with the high rents we have to pay. We just don't have much choice in the matter. 

3 minutes ago, 3797 said:

I don't think that is true. It would take 10000s of customers to really change the selling prices as you suggest, not just a few customers ruining prices for the majority. If the majority didn't buy, it doesn't matter what a few people buy or pay for it. LEGO would be doomed.

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

People here don't agree with the high rents we have to pay. We just don't have much choice in the matter. 

exactly! the guy might be studying economics, but apparently doesn't get the difference between quantity and the size of the quantity in the coaster set.  Lego mostly charges by weight, not strictly PPP

Just now, anothergol said:

But it's not a jumper, and it's not where it's used.

It's used for the base of the pump, and even more weirdly, only on one side. The other side has a normal, old-style turntable. Why not on both sides? And why is a turntable even needed here? I get it that it's more secure, but eventually it's still just 4 studs holding it on 2 places.
*surely* this new part was created for another set.

I wonder if it can be used as a jumper style part too. No doubt it will be cataloged as a turntable element at bricklink but it looks like it could have more uses.

Just now, ncx said:

exactly! the guy might be studying economics, but apparently doesn't get the difference between quantity and the size of the quantity in the coaster set.  Lego mostly charges by weight, not strictly PPP

(not that I care about the debate, but) Lego mostly charges by what people are ready to pay, the production costs of any Lego set must be very, very low

Just now, 3797 said:

You studied economics? 

So how can you say something as absurd as - pay this for the roller-coaster and expect to pay higher on the next modular! 

Do you know exactly what goes into legos pricing strategies? I mean exactly. So please do break it down for us with your study of economics? 

If you studied economics, you'd then also understand why they pay $1500 a month in some areas. It'll be in areas where they are up market, with well paid jobs and a nice area. If you did actually study economics, you wouldn't be spouting such rubbish. Just because you study something doesn't mean you're any good at it. 

I work with a lot of 'mechanics' with many years 'experience' that shouldn't go near what I work on. 

Back on topic, I simply 'like' it. 

Of course, I'll like it more I the flesh, but I'm feeling like it's missing the glorious external tiny details that add so much to the style. 

But then it's a garage. What average garage building really doesn't look basic and more functional than looking grand? 

I don't like the lack of floor tiles, especially in the garage section. Definitely needs grey floor tiles. The upper floors look sparse of details. They're there, just don't seem to be as numerous as previous. But what is there, is still nice. 

I like the colours, and it's nice having pieces available in colours that were price restrictive before due to rarity of use. 

I do wonder (as seen in paupadros' corner moc) if snotted cheeseslopescould have been implemented in the corner gaps to reduce the size of gaps...? Something I'll look forward to trying to reduce when I get it. 

I also think the gas pump adds little and takes up too much room. I think it may have been better to extend the garage out more to be bigger, allowing for a not so cluttered ground floor, and perhaps still could get away with the upper floors being as they are. I don't normally plan to modify the modulars, but this one I'll likely do that to see how it would be, and because I think it could have worked better. 

Fair play to the designer for pushing the boundaries though! You can't make omelette without breaking a few eggs. 

27 minutes ago, anothergol said:

It's a jumper for the 1x1, the 2x2 tile has a hole so it can work with it. all in all, its likely designed to make angles on top of tiles.

Edit: Nevermind, I see its 2 badly scaled photos of the same part. 

The 2x2 is definitely a new piece though, maybe it works with a technic stud now?

Edited by ncx

After reading the review over at Brickset: 

Pros: 

• No sticker sheets is really cool! 
  • The way the garage door comes up is absolutely awesome! 
  • The door handle going up to the vets is really well thought out - lovely touch!
  • New plant leaf element makes a cool change. 
  • The vets' equipment looks really well made and thought out - the lamp in particular is Pixar-esque. 
  • No snakes is a really funny print. 
  •  The windows sound like they're put together in a new and fun way. 
  • The apartment looks decent enough with a nice TV set. 
  • The spanner branding above the garage is really cool. 

Cons: 

• I'm still not sold on the way that the car lift works... it seemed to jolt the cars around a lot in the video that was shown in an earlier post, and I think that's possibly unrealistic. 
  • The garage still looks too small. Once you're in and have passed the car lift, you're basically in a small space with no extra details with the exception of the music turntable. I thought there'd be tyres on the wall, and a tool section with a mechanic who uses a blow torch etc. a la Series 11 Welder (just bought him for when I get this set). 
  • The orange is really not to my tastes... I find it quite vulgar. 
  • Hiding the sign of the vets behind the garage station sign is idiocy, though I suppose you only miss it if you look at it straight on. 
  • The 1x1 quarter circle tiles and 1x1 double-slopes don't really do it for me on the facade. 
  • It's still stupid to have a vets included with this set - makes no sense. You'd place it elsewhere in a town. 

Overall, I think after 5 hours of considering the design, I'm quite excited to build it. I think as others have mentioned, there are some really incredible MOCs out there now - the Post Office that was shared by a member here in particular, and I can't help but feel those sets are more cosmetically pleasing than this set. This set does look to use some really interesting techniques though, and I bet they'll be fun to put together. It definitely won't be a classic though, and I doubt that it'll sell well overall - I think the Diner is miles ahead of this set in looks and design. It also looks a lot more complete (I have it, but haven't built it yet). 

Pros:

• love that they include the vet with quite a few animals, including the first rabbit in a set (but, they should used a more rare dog)
  • the humour in the signs are excellent
  • like the colour on the gas station

Cons:

• no tiles in any of the floors
  • two of the floors are similar which make the building repetitive, but looks better in the end

Not an instant love at first sight, but I am sure that will change when I build it as always :grin:

They sure put the wand piece to work fast :wink:

Have a look at brickset, there is a picture in the review where the building seems to have one color (very bright) and one picture to the side where the new sets are that look like a complete different colour (more boring) *huh*

For those who truly hate it, then don't buy it!! But if you're willing to drop $200 or whatever it is in your region, then don't complain so much.

8 minutes ago, ncx said:

This is also true. While we as fans have used the PPP, lego uses weight to justify prices, which should make sense to you if you really "studied economics."

Just now, Goldenmasamune said:

I know what you're talking about. I know a guy on a different forum who recently said that he was making $100.000+ a year and still couldn't afford to live in the bay area. I totally see how one could think that $180 aren't that big of a deal when you're used to seeing much larger sums dissapear from your bank account on a regular basis. I totally get that. This video (Fran Blanche/FranLab on YouTube) had me shaking my head in disbelief, too.

To put it in perspective:

I'm smack in the middle of Germany. I don't live far from our city's centre. It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk, actually. My 1 bedroom apartment was renovated in 2004 (not a dump) and my rent just went up from 156€ to 180€/month. Including utilities I'm paying less than 300€. When I move back to my hometown, I will be able to rent a decent 2 bedroom apartment for less than 400€/month including utilities. Germany is not (yet) a 3rd world country but spending 180€ on a LEGO set sure feels like giving up a substantial amount of money. That's also why that 30€ price increase doesn't sit well with me.

To me it looks good, but, as others have said, it somehow feels more like an above average MOC than an official set.

The bump up on the price is harsh (+30€ at once, at just 90 more pieces than the diner), but to be honest, I've been expecting the modulars to get more expensive for years. The standrad size ones have been stuck at 150€ for as far back as I can remember (Fire Brigade was my first one). 170€ would seem more fair, though, and they really could've shelled out the few cents i would've cost them to fully tile the ground floor.

Will wait for 2x or even 3x VIP points to get my first copy, and will get spares only when it hits the few retailers that get exclusives, which usually grant nice discounts from time to time (e.g.: 115€ for the Diner just a few weeks back).

But on to the set! When I first took a quick look at the pics on my phone this afternoon, I was a bit disappointed, because I thought that there were hardly any special techniques used. Looking at them on my PC now, I had to go back on that - especially the bay window on the right is pretty nice.

Pros for me:

- A SINGLE building taking up the entire baseplate! Glad they really seem to have gone back to that!

- three full stories. Overall height should be on par with the older buildings, AS and DD

- dark orange makes a return, and also we get a brilliant selection of sand blue and dark green windows.

- no far-fetched story to excuse some stupid megablocking stuck on play features! Everything feels organic and leaves it entirely to you to make up your own stories based on what is provided. Nice!

- the asymmetrical build is nice

- while not groundbreaking or, there's some nice SNOT construction in play here

- interior stairs :laugh:

Contras:

- as already stated, feels a bit like a better MOC.

- Aside from not looking THAT great, the cut corner makes the building smaller than it could be

- inside of the gas station / work shop seems mostly empty

- another US-style build. Come'on Lego, there's other areas in the world with other architectural styles. Out of the last five (inl. this one), only the sand green building in AS (and maybe the bakery) are not clearly american. They used to have a better balance there. If PR wasn't such a success and had been retired in order, there'd be no distinctly non american set left.  (Note, before anyone feels offended: this is an argument for a more even distribution of build styles, not against american-inspired architecture!)

- price bump is too huge / not justified enough by the slightly increased piece count

Just now, 3797 said:

I know what you're talking about. I know a guy on a different forum who recently said that he was making $100.000+ a year and still couldn't afford to live in the bay area. I totally see how one could think that $180 aren't that big of a deal when you're used to seeing much larger sums dissapear from your bank account on a regular basis. I totally get that. This video (Fran Blanche/FranLab on YouTube) had me shaking my head in disbelief, too.

To put it in perspective:

I'm smack in the middle of Germany. I don't live far from our city's centre. It's about a 15 to 20 minute walk, actually. My 1 bedroom apartment was renovated in 2004 (not a dump) and my rent just went up from 156€ to 180€/month. Including utilities I'm paying less than 300€. When I move back to my hometown, I will be able to rent a decent 2 bedroom apartment for less than 400€/month including utilities. Germany is not (yet) a 3rd world country but spending 180€ on a LEGO set sure feels like giving up a substantial amount of money. That's also why that 30€ price increase doesn't sit well with me.

Man i wish I could live in Germany so much. My wife isn't okay with leaving her family though.