15 minutes ago, ncx said:

It is sold out, Brick Bank, like I said, is the only one still in production and likely will end by Dec 31.  

so no, not 6 at once, 4.  the production run for the Brick Bank is to fill the back orders from Cyber Week.  It will be long gone before Corner Garage is available.

Detective’s Office is still available, both in Shop at Home and at my own store. And the possibility of either or both becoming unavailable when Corner Garage is released is why I qualified my statement thusly:

1 hour ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Depending upon how long it takes the currently-retiring Detective’s Office and Brick Bank to sell out, though, we could actually have six on shelves at once.

(bolding again added for emphasis and clarity)

I’m not saying (and wasn’t saying) it was definitely going to happen; I was noting it as a remarkable possibility.

(I also personally wouldn’t use the phrase “long gone” to describe either of them even if they are indeed gone by the time Corner Garage comes out on January 1st, as it would have been only a little over a month at most, which I don’t consider a particularly long time, but I recognize that’s a personal appraisal, and YMMV.)

Edited by Blondie-Wan
added two missing words

Modulars are like a new album of one of your favourite bands.  With so many expectations, first it doesn't seem to fit, but once you revisit it, you start to like it.

Edited by primocucu

43 minutes ago, anothergol said:

A couple of nice recolors/new parts. Anyone understands the white thing with the open stud, next to the new bracket? Perhaps it's the 1x1 bracket shown from front?
Or if it's at scale, a 2x2 tile with a large stud? Weird. I'm not seeing it anywhere in the model.

10264-lego-creator-expert-modular-corner

The white part is used in the petrol pump island. You can find it here: https://brickset.com/article/40442/review-10264-corner-garage

Overall, I love it. I love the continued puns with the signs. I especially love the Dr. Jones No snakes sign! The interior details are great...looks like the cookie smugglers have a new customer. I’m glad to get that bunny & the sweater from the Old Fishing Store. New color Vespa is nice. As is all the other new parts. 

The biggest downside I see is tiling, it’s weird. The different widths for the entry/exit, as someone pointed out. For me, as I take the front row of tiles off, then connect the Modular to the street plate with 2x2 tiles, corners always look odd. This one feels like it will more so. Can’t even do that with the white/yellow ones. 

Nitpick, I don’t like the darker change to the Octan colors.

and finally...the price. Total piece wise, being less than 100 to its predecessor, that price jump is rather offputtimg. Then comparing it to the TH...it’s really offputting. And if that’s the new precedent, I may soon be priced out of buying these, as sad as it isn’t to say.

Cool looking garage. I like the way they angled the corner to allow drive through but reminds me of townhall with the brown color. Price point seems expensive too.

What about the thing at the far left, that looks like a 2x2 corner brick, right below the left side of the 1x6 plate? Is it really just a 2x2 corner brick? I’d have thought it surely existed in this color (for that matter, I’d have thought the same of the 1x6 plate and 1x6 brick...). Is it really new?

Just now, Blondie-Wan said:

What about the thing at the far left, that looks like a 2x2 corner brick, right below the left side of the 1x6 plate? Is it really just a 2x2 corner brick? I’d have thought it surely existed in this color (for that matter, I’d have thought the same of the 1x6 plate and 1x6 brick...). Is it really new?

it says in some other reviews that this color hasn't been seen since 2005 for this piece

Price is reasonable which is nice. Is this the first modular that I will buy? Nope because I don’t have space hahaha.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ha! How did that go over my head?! :thumbup: :head_back:

Seeing the tow truck by itself from this review makes me love it even more! :thumbup: :grin_wub:

It has a large emphasis to vintage tones. However I don’t feel the same tones are used in the building.

I’m loving the use of gears and such on the vintage tow truck.

Could the colour scheme be referencing Flashback Mater from Cars? Very unlikely but possible.

1 hour ago, ncx said:

What are you smoking?? your signature is ridiculous.

Out of respect for the mods, if you wish to discuss my signature you’re more than welcome to in PMs but not here. I’m here to discuss the recently revealed Modular.

Edited by J4ck

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Seeing the tow truck by itself from this review makes me love it even more! :thumbup: :grin_wub:

46161114851_2fe68f46a6.jpg

That is probably the best vehicle in this franchise, and that's saying a lot because I really love the Cadillac. Other than the limo (good concept off-putting execution) , the vehicle design has been improving with each release. :classic:

Interesting... Definitely feels like a dumbed-down version of a modular building. The layout is veeeeeery reminiscent of my own modular "Sweets & Co.", and having basically invented this format myself, I know what its limitations are. A gap between both striaght sections and the diagonal one is inevitable, but this to me just looks like a bloody huge hole in the model.

The colours don't mesh well either and the architectural details Jamie had us used to are just gone. The model is honestly hideously topped off. The 1x1 quater round tiles to me just look like a childish way of fisnishing a model. The interiors look pretty dead too, but that's not really what I care about. I honeslty think that the designer doesn't love architecture and has just tried to copy an existing house (always a bad idea, by the way). I'll stop moaning, I guess. Looks cheerful but not in the slightest elegant or beautiful. The higher price is also insulting.

The car and the exterior of the ground floor look good. Again, as I designed a model like this almost two years ago, I know it's hard to make something decent of the ground floor and, I think the designer did a better job than I did there :classic:

Here's my building if you want to draw comparisons:

33454752842_3961369406_b.jpg

Edited by paupadros

2 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

The facade of the upper floors lacks details in my opinion. Especially if you compare it with PR, AS, BB, DO, etc. It just feels too simple and the colours make it look flat. PR, AS and DD had some very new, complicated facade details, which I find hard to find in this set. 

I like the ground floor, though, and it's more detailed. The upper floors however are very small and the gas pump seems to take a lot of space. 

It’s largely because of the style of architecture. This one is growing on me. It looks to be a Northeast US “rust belt” downtown industrial building. One that was repurposed for light commercial. The colors, window styles and fairly flat facade just scream that. You could find buildings not unlike this all along the old Erie a canal route and out to Chicago and Detroit.  It will go well with the Downtown diner. 

I agree with those that say the box photo doesn’t show it in its best light. 

At this point I really shouldn't be surprised by how much negativity surrounds this set (since AFOLs always find something to complain about), but nevertheless it still stuns me. This is an amazing building that has a completely novel look compared to previous corner buildings and implements all sorts of awesome new techniques (especially the angled facade using the new rounded 1x2 plate), yet once more I've seen people insulting the designers' skill or saying it looks like the almost universally simpler Creator 3-in-1 sets.

Whatever... I'll enjoy it.

Nothing really impressive.

I'm a bit upset. No inside wall to divide the stairs leading up, no tile floor inside, poor furniture except for the Vet Studio...2500 parts for what?

It's not surprising me. I'm not a great fan of the Diner, but ithas a lot of interesting tecniques and good ideas.

38 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Anyone else noticed the Indiana Jones reference? 

“Dr Jones Animal Care”

”No Snakes!”

Nice detail. Sadly no fedora hat is included. :laugh:

Wow! Happy reveal day everybody. I likengow it has 3 floors. And I actually dont mind the gaps in the modular. I think it adds to the architecture of it. The gaps make or look like 3 separate building with 3 floors built together at an angle, but inside its just one building. Like a surprise. The minifigures are great. But i have more think about.

I like it. It looks like a property that suits a modern yuppie district pretty well. Dark orange has a fair void in my collection still as all I have are roof pieces, 1x6 brick in bulk and a handful of plates and bricks.  Mike made the gaps work pretty well. I may buy it, we'll see.

Edited by brickbuilder711

2 hours ago, adwind said:

PR is 159$ right? Why would this cost 200?

Called it back in April:

45250789325_efe40101b0_o.jpg

My opinion:

Pros:

• Sand blue 6 wide window for trains as well as regular sand blue windows.
  • Dark orange bricks may come down in price. (Good for a  possible Town Hall rebrick.)
  • Clear garage pieces may come down in price. (Good for a possible Fire Brigade rebrick.)

Cons:

• Octan. I always preferred Shell's colours and generally liked the Shell sets better.
  • Yet another corner building that you can't really display on a Billy bookshelf. One side will always be next to impossible to see.
  • Overall design/style. It surely is no Parisian Restaurant.
  • Things like the umbrella on the roof simply being put on a regular antenna and then placed on the ground really makes it look more like a regular Creator set.
  • Too obvious re-use of torso prints, heads and hair pieces. There's nothing that stands out like the Diner's boxer or Assembly Square's baby.
  • 2x2 printed tile with the Heartlake City map as a poster on the wall. Really? A new/special print would have been nice. Like Starfarer , for example.
  • Interior details are lacking compared to the Parisian Restaurant's kitchen, The Diner's punching bag as well as Assembly Square's LEGO fan's apartment and Dentist's office. Even the Detective's Office had better details like the ceiling fan. The more I look at it, the more it feels as if this modular should have been released shortly after the Pet Shop.
  • The syringe is regular light bluish grey while the scissors that sit right next to the syringe are metallic grey. Looks as if they used left overs.
  • Some modified bricks being the wrong colours again add to the general disappointment. The 1x2 brick with studs on one side that's holding the wall clock, for example. Why is that tan instead of dark orange?
  • Medium azure doors instead of sand blue. They don't match the windows.
  • PRICE! Not sure whether or not a 20% discount will be enough for me, this time. Most likely not.

Who felt that this was acceptable for a 180€ set?

46163979771_2448e72a6d_o.jpg

Again, thank you to everyone who rushed out and bought the rollercoaster at full price instead of waiting for a discount.

Just now, 3797 said:

Called it back in April:

45250789325_efe40101b0_o.jpg

My opinion:

Pros:

• Sand blue 6 wide window for trains as well as regular sand blue windows.
  • Dark orange bricks may come down in price. (Good for a  possible Town Hall rebrick.)
  • Clear garage pieces may come down in price. (Good for a possible Fire Brigade rebrick.)

Cons:

• Octan. I always preferred Shell's colours and generally liked the Shell sets better.
  • Yet another corner building that you can't really display on a Billy bookshelf. One side will always be next to impossible to see.
  • Overall design/style. It surely is no Parisian Restaurant.
  • Things like the umbrella on the roof simply being put on a regular antenna and then placed on the ground really makes it look more like a regular Creator set.
  • Too obvious re-use of torso prints, heads and hair pieces. There's nothing that stands out like the Diner's boxer or Assembly Square's baby.
  • 2x2 printed tile with the Heartlake City map as a poster on the wall. Really? A new/special print would have been nice. Like Starfarer , for example.
  • Interior details are lacking compared to the Parisian Restaurant's kitchen, The Diner's punching bag as well as Assembly Square's LEGO fan's apartment and Dentist's office. Even the Detective's Office had better details like the ceiling fan. The more I look at it, the more it feels as if this modular should have been released shortly after the Pet Shop.
  • The syringe is regular light bluish grey while the scissors that sit right next to the syringe are metallic grey. Looks as if they used left overs.
  • Some modified bricks being the wrong colours again add to the general disappointment. The 1x2 brick with studs on one side that's holding the wall clock, for example. Why is that tan instead of dark orange?
  • Medium azure doors instead of sand blue. They don't match the windows.
  • PRICE! Not sure whether or not a 20% discount will be enough for me, this time. Most likely not.

Who felt that this was acceptable for a 180€ set?

46163979771_2448e72a6d_o.jpg

Again, thank you to everyone who rushed out and bought the rollercoaster at full price instead of waiting for a discount.

This pricing has nothing to do with the rollercoaster... the coaster was justified due to its special track elements, as is with train sets. they are much larger pieces.

saying that its everyone's fault for buying the coaster and not forcing Lego to drop the price due to backlash, is a ridiculous statement.  

41 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Price is reasonable which is nice. Is this the first modular that I will buy? Nope because I don’t have space hahaha.

It has a large emphasis to vintage tones. However I don’t feel the same tones are used in the building.

I’m loving the use of gears and such on the vintage tow truck.

Could the colour scheme be referencing Flashback Mater from Cars? Very unlikely but possible.

Out of respect for the mods, if you wish to discuss my signature you’re more than welcome to in PMs but not here. I’m here to discuss the recently revealed Modular.

pretty hard to not question your sig when it blended in with your statement I was commenting on, do you always say the same thing? "Really?"

Just now, ncx said:

This pricing has nothing to do with the rollercoaster... the coaster was justified due to its special track elements, as is with train sets. they are much larger pieces.

saying that its everyone's fault for buying the coaster and not forcing Lego to drop the price due to backlash, is a ridiculous statement.  

The rollercoaster had exactly ONE new piece and most of the other ~4000 pieces were in fact of the (much) smaller variaty. You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

At this point I really shouldn't be surprised by how much negativity surrounds this set (since AFOLs always find something to complain about), but nevertheless it still stuns me. This is an amazing building that has a completely novel look compared to previous corner buildings and implements all sorts of awesome new techniques (especially the angled facade using the new rounded 1x2 plate), yet once more I've seen people insulting the designers' skill or saying it looks like the almost universally simpler Creator 3-in-1 sets.

Whatever... I'll enjoy it.

Haha - that was me. I only referenced the Creator 3-in-1 sets, as each face of the facade looks like it could fold back on itself. I'm not sure I love the aesthetic, though I'm growing to enjoy that part as something unique about it in comparison to the other modulars.  

I think this is by far the most unrealistic set to date in the modular line due to the pairing of a gas station / garage with a vet clinic. Some things make sense, and are passable, but that pairing really doesn't work. I guess the set would have appealed too greatly to people who love cars had the vet clinic not been included, but I think something else should have taken its place... imagine taking a 60kg dog up the stairs for treatment - no chance - not to mention the smell of petrol and the chance of explosions! Everything else makes sense in the modular world. 

That 1x2 plate looks amazing to be fair, and really well used here. I think that was the piece that I was failing to identify. With Brick Bank, I loved each aspect of the facade, and how real it all looked. I loved the rooftop above the Detective's Office for similar reasons to the BB. With this set, I think I may grow to love that new 1x2 piece! 

I guess I just don't think the second and third floors go with the ground floor at all. I think it looks strange. The car lift looks unwieldily, and everything feels quite cramped. I wish it was more of an expansive set that focused solely on a garage / gas station combined... I think it'd be even better if it was the size of Assembly Square too... driving in and out would be much easier, and they could have included more pumps, and a larger garage for more tools and storage etc. I also really wanted a welder to be in there with a mask and blow torch, and that's why I think this may be the first set where I go all out to MOC it and make it something completely different with two sets. 

2 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

I agree with those that say the box photo doesn’t show it in its best light. 

To obscure the vet's signage from the front of the box is ridiculous. Who approved that?

Just now, Lyichir said:

implements all sorts of awesome new techniques (especially the angled facade using the new rounded 1x2 plate)

I agree it is new, but what makes it awesome? It leaves ugly great grooves running up the building. It is a shame they didn't use only dark orange parts in those grooves, as that way they wouldn't have jarred quite so much. The "wrong" colours are not even consistent in the grooves as they did the bottom left facade in a slightly different way.

Just now, BrickFit26 said:

The minifigures are great.

I guess different things for different people, but I didn't see a single minifigure I'd want from this one. OK, I know people don't buy modulars for the minfiigures, but the last two gave us some new prints - the rock star and the dentist. The mechanics overalls have already appeared in 38 different minifigures, the girl's cat torso in 5, the knitted sweater is from the Old Fishing Store, the vet's from the current hospital, and the vespa lady's jacket was from a man in the recent people pack.