I still have not built Downtown Diner.  I like the way this Corner Garage will connect with Downtown Diner.  I am going to add a 4th level to maximize the brown facade over the gas station. The price is ridiculous.  I love the story telling for sure.

First impression: Well, it's nice, they did a good job integrating the gas pump, but somehow that modular "wow" factor is lacking for me... yet? We'll see...

Feels like the gas pump is taking too much space for the building, and the strange corner we're forced to have makes the interior very small for a modular. Coupled with a $200 price point, I'm gonna have to wait for x2 VIP points to pick this up.

I'm not sure what to think of it. I really like the idea of the garage and veterinarian, but I don't like the look of the top two floors. Color seems wrong, and the facade is kind of ugly.

Some really cool videos and new images leaking over on Facebook, like the 'follow the rabbit' post that Lego have issued on their official page. I'm not quite so sure how elegant the car lift looks to be... when do people anticipate the YouTube video landing? I really want to see a working video of the car lift... 

I agree with some others... it does look like an incomplete building to an extent.... there are some really cool breakthrough ideas in the way that this corner building looks completely different to every other corner building that we've seen so far... but the gaps are a strange choice... very creator 3-in-one... 

I do think this will be one of the best MOC'able modulars to date... there's loads of ways to improve upon this set if you extend it by another 16 stoods and boost the size of the garage, which is way too small... normally, I hate the idea of doing the initial design an injustice, but I don't love the look of this one enough to really care if I have a carbon copy or a MOC of it...

It would have been better if we received a car garage one year, and then a gas station another year... I don't know why they've included both... seems to be too crowded... though their marketing is on point. Someone who is into cars is going to love it, whilst someone who is into animals is also going to love it, so I think this will sell well... 

What's disappointing to me is that the bumped piece count (that could at least partly justify the increased price) is padded by what looks like a very large volume of 1x1 pieces.

Just now, OxnardMontalvo said:

I'm not sure what to think of it. I really like the idea of the garage and veterinarian, but I don't like the look of the top two floors. Color seems wrong, and the facade is kind of ugly.

I agree that the facade is ugly. When you compare this to a Brick Bank, I really don't think it stacks up well at all... that said, it's nicer than the Cinema. I think the ugliness kinda fits with the theme, but I'd have preferred a white facade for this one - the bottom floor looks really nice, and then you look up and almost throw up a little bit... might be a bit harsh, but there you go... initial thoughts... 

My first reaction - I felt quite underwhelmed and a bit disappointed if I'm honest. I don't think the picture on the box shows off the model from it's best angle though. It does look nicer on some of the other pictures. I would have liked the interior of the ground floor to be completely tiled over and I think they could have added a few more details to the roof top terrace. These are things that can be easily modified though I suppose.

Overall it's not a bad looking set - just not sure it's worth the £30 price increase over Downtown Diner. 

At first view: Interesting, but not very appealing in my opinion. There's too many colours, too many structures, too many ideas packed into one building. Don't like the gaps with those awkward side views of details which shouldn't be visible. The garage sign looks like it's from a City set. The irregular lane (8w on the right, 12w on the left) doesn't make sense to me. 

What I do like: the combination of Dark Orange and Sand Blue plus the design and especially the colour design of the gas station as such: Dark Red and Dark Green are a much better combination for the Octan Corporate Identity, I guess.

Edited by ER0L

Wow! Looks better than I'd imagined!

First thought: definitely a Mike design, he loves the angles and triangles! Glad he was able to pull it off!

Overall, I think it looks great! Good to see the interesting colour scheme. Really like that angled wall, it changes the interiors so much compared to other modulars! Also good to FINALLY see a complete apartment/house! All the others so far have been missing bit and pieces, it either has a kitchen and bathroom, but no bed, or it has a bed but no bathroom! Also, nice design on the T.V. Thing that I love the most so far is the Indiana Jones reference! Of course Dr. Jones doesn't want snakes! love it! First downside I see is the lack of a tiled ground floor! Why? makes the inside look so much lower quality compared to every modular since PR. Do like the printing on everything, the vintage octan is great!

Vet's office is pretty good, although the fish in the picture is dead... Do like all the scientific looking equipment inside. Also, the modulars seem to be crossing over with Friends more and more, first the Heartlake City travel brochure in the Dentist's waiting area in AS, now the map of HLC in this waiting area! 

Garage has a great colour scheme, very classic octan, and I like the design of the tow truck! Bit worried about the space out the front though, the other cars are fairly long, not sure if they can manoeuvre in to the pump, and/or fit in there... Minifigs are all great, I like the woman's hair with cap piece, rooftop isn't anything special but nice to see something interesting up there. Facade is nice, I like the small details with the 1x1 curve tiles, the angled wall does leave some gaps but not too fussed about them.

So yeah, overall I think its another great modular, its both unique, and will fit in well with the rest of the street. And will look good from both sides. However, is it worth the extra $50? (AUD). I realise that a lot of the parts are rare, or a rare colour (the article seems to push that fact a lot), but when there's things like the bare floor on the ground interior, I don't know. Granted, it is larger than most recent modulars in size, but not in piece count. To me, it isn't worth $50 more than DD or PR, but I will fork it out nonetheless for what is definitely a great addition to my street.

Edit: Its isn't bigger in floor space, but part count it is. height its on the tall side. After watching video of it, it looks even better. 

Edited by The_Nev

How does this line up with other modulars? The roadway is thd same colour as the sidewalk at other modulars. really disappointing in a display option...

Ya very good to see CMF parts reused such as the Series 17 Vet’s Rabbit being reused here. It looks exactly the same, correct me if I’m wrong.

Just now, AlcoEmmen said:

How does this line up with other modulars? The roadway is thd same colour as the sidewalk at other modulars. really disappointing in a display option...

It would connect just like any other corner modular buildings.

I find it quite disappointing. The large gaps creating the angled front aren't good but the mismatched coloured parts in these grooves look awful. They aren't even consistent.

Well, we're going to let things sink in for now.
First impressions is we like it a lot. It's a nice, hefty, sturdy building, well-befitting a garage.
Nicely designed.
Looks like a new colour scooter, too!

1 minute ago, J4ck said:

Ya very good to see CMF parts reused such as the Series 17 Vet’s Rabbit being reused here. It looks exactly the same, correct me if I’m wrong.

It's the exact same. I think the Creator line cant introduce pieces in new colors

4 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

zusammengebaut.com has already made the first review of it.

Somehow I like it even less now... 

It feels overcrowded in some places and quite bland/empty at others. Look at the view at 1:21... 

Compare this size of this to town hall and you'll see exactly how much elego has been inflating the prices over the years. Town hall dwarfs this AND has way more interior deails

After a longer inspection, and after seeing both the Lego Facebook Page video and the zusammengebaut.com video, I am unsure of the car lift... it's extremely unrealistic, and the car actually jolts around a lot... I thought it would be a smooth lift... that would have been a lot cooler. 

I do love how the garage door comes up though - that's a really nice touch! 

Off the cuff... Meh? Looks like a competent MOC bootlegged by Lepin...bootlegged by Lego.

Just looks okay. First impression, I wouldn't say no, because I do like the time and focus it takes to build a Modular building. But I live in South Korea and the price on lego.co.kr is 279,900 won -- $250 USD! For a Modular building, that's ridiculous.

Pros: TBD, though I do like the bunny.

Cons: Though I'm a big fan of both Dark Orange and Sand Blue, together they're not the most dynamic visual. The first floor looks out of sorts, and the interiors are cramped. A lot of the same details we've seen from other sets.

Again, just first impressions. I wasn't a big fan of the Brick Bank at first, either.

9 minutes ago, chezzymann said:

Compare this size of this to town hall and you'll see exactly how much elego has been inflating the prices over the years. Town hall dwarfs this AND has way more interior deails

Town hall dwarfs every modular.

Just now, chezzymann said:

I wouldn't say Town Hall has more interior detail. I find Town Hall a very boring square building with not a lot of inspirational interior. A few desks and a lot of grey. LEGO upped their interior 'game' with the Parisian Restaurant. That said, I do not rank this set high on interior detail (in the 2014 and onwards era) . No tiled floors is the first time since the Palace Cinema I believe. You would expect both a garage and a vet to have a tiled floor.