Jim

[TC15] Technic Aircraft Contest - Information Topic - 17th February

I'm still waiting for half of the missing parts ordered at 31 Dec, and have no idea when will they arrive. I expected to finish until the deadline, but that 2 weeks extension seems more and more useful.

Changed the first post and topic title. Hope this helps!

I have been going through some of the topics and I am very impressed by some of the MOCs. And I love the fact that lots of people are actually building planes and helicopters :wub:

5 hours ago, Jim said:

And I love the fact that lots of people are actually building planes and helicopters :wub:

And there will soon be another one... :wink:

Thanks for updating the topic too BTW, I was actually thinking of asking you what the new end date was.

10 hours ago, Jim said:

And I love the fact that lots of people are actually building planes and helicopters :wub:

+1

:thumbup:

I will open the Entry topic soon.

hi, I just saw this contest and I want to ask: I am building a 1:40 c130. For the wings I am using two aluminium beams identical to technic ones, but 60 stud long. These fall into the "not permitted 3rd party parts", am I right?

3 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

I am using two aluminium beams identical to technic ones, but 60 stud long. These fall into the "not permitted 3rd party parts", am I right?

Yes, those would not be allowed.

Starting to see some of the final designs and video entries. I've been fascinated on the different approaches that have been taken in designing a Technic aircraft. Looking forward to the final vote.

On 2/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, Jim said:

I will open the Entry topic soon.

Done!

That is a nice collection of seriously cool entries! Voting will be hard...again.

Tomorrow I will open the voting the topic immediately.

Just to let you guys know:

@Bartybum you miss one vote in voting topic, you have not given out the 3 points...

@I_Igor your last two votes both got 2 points...

Edited by Rudivdk

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

@Bartybum you miss one vote in voting topic, you have not given out the 3 points...

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

thanks, I have changed that

41 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

No problem, just helping out!:thumbup:

That is very kind of you

Given that all entries are great in some way or the other, I feel all  should be given a token prize for participation.

What is a token prize?

If you mean a tag, they will all get the Technic tag.

12 hours ago, Jim said:

What is a token prize?

If you mean a tag, they will all get the Technic tag.

Sounds good :thumbup:

Sorry i've been gone for a while, kinda have been on other things. Its great to see some good models entered. Best of luck everyone!

Hmm, many people are voting with less than 50 posts (see voting rules in the opening post of this topic). Anyway, I don't think it will change anything to include or exclude their votes, unless they are voting in the same direction.

Just now, kodlovag said:

Hmm, many people are voting with less than 50 posts (see voting rules in the opening post of this topic). Anyway, I don't think it will change anything to include or exclude their votes, unless they are voting in the same direction.

True. I check the difference between a post treshold of 0 and 50. If there is no difference in outcome, I will allow the votes. If the outcome is different I do some manual checks and take proper actions. Usually, it doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

I thought I'd read the 50 posts rule somewhere, although doesn't actually mention 50 post threshold in the voting topic though (or didn't when I looked) so I went ahead and voted.  Apologies if I've broken any rules.

I've kept score since vote #1, and taken into account the 50posts rule in separate calculation. Currently no difference in outcome between #1 and #2 with or without the rule applied. 3rd prize is raffle prize, so will be on staff anyways to decide.

Edited by Rudivdk

I forgot to mention the 50 post rule, because...copy paste.

And I forget to mention that vote counters will be disqualified :laugh:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I forgot to mention the 50 post rule, because...copy paste.

And I forget to mention that vote counters will be disqualified :laugh:

I might have to edit my previous comment...:grin: