Toastie

HoMa: The LEGO Train Book, 2cnd edition

Dear All,

it is this time of the year again. I just noticed that there are about 24 days left … and no, I do not have all gifts yet … not even one!

And then amazon may be your friend - on the other hand amazon delivers even the day before Christmas. Browsing through the book section struck me like thunder (or thunder struck, as the ACDC fans, including me, feel):

Holger Matthes @HoMa "is writing" the 2cnd edition of his book "LEGO®-Eisenbahn: Konzepte und Techniken für realistische Modelle", which translates to "LEGO®-Trains: Building concepts and techniques for creating realistic models".

OK. I admit: I am not good at browsing through amazon's website. I am one of the old fashioned people who spend hours and hours in stores, trying to find gifts. Driving to the next LEGO store (using public transportation, as I believe in that) to feel the look and feel of a LEGO set - and to go nuts at the pick a brick wall (of course:laugh:). Pretend I got a note saying: "Would you be willing to write the foreword for the second edition of my book" … I was com-ple-te-ly freaking out after realizing this email was really there: on the screen. I said "yes - when you think it is appropriate".

And boom, there was the manuscript, in addition to the 1st edition. Holger ist just a fantastic person - as we all know, but this struck me again - as thunder.

The book is available end of January/begin of February 2019 - I just want to make sure that no one blames me, when it is sold out after a couple of days after availability:wink:.

Just this (as the text on amazon says): Updates on track systems, Powered Up, along with other updates, and … "on the making of the VT 11.5" - the Trans Europ Express. There are many, many details on how this model evolved - to an extent that I believe experienced train builders basically have an "instruction" in their hands. Not individual steps, but close enough. I will give it a try.

All the best,
Thorsten

This is great to know! I'll certainly get his 2nd edition as I did his first. I'm excited to see what art he chooses for the cover. It seems like an honor to be asked to write the foreword, good for you! 

17 hours ago, sed6 said:

I'm excited to see what art he chooses for the cover. It seems like an honor to be asked to write the foreword, good for you! 

I reckon it will include his TEE, and one of the trains for which he goes through the building process of (e.g.Bombardier Double Deck Cars last time) will be the TEE.

This is great news - I read the first one cover to cover twice in about three weeks when I got it!

As soon as I can get it shipped to Australia I'll buy one. It will look nice next to my German and English versions of the first edition.