Johnny Thunder and friends set out to another adventure. This time road is going by sea. This is S.S. Venture based on Peters Jackson King Kong. The ship is about 75 studs long. It's old because budget is low. :-)

800x533.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158283415@N03/32169762038

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

640x960.jpg

640x960.jpg

I hope next year I'll show you where they reached.

Edited by Jellyeater

What a fantastic boat! The colour use on the hull makes it look authentic and well used to great adventure. I'm also loving that mast and rigging.

Looking forward to seeing their destination :grin:

This looks great! The colours on the hull really make it look old and battered!

This is awesome, absolutely awesome.  Great idea for a MOC and the detailing is superb.  That hull design must have taken a lot of work.  Love it!

Yours comments make me happy. Thank you!

That hull design must have taken a lot of work.  Love it!

I build it about two months.

Edited by Jellyeater

Great hull design !

I love the rust effect you gave to it !

An excellent ship ! Great job !:thumbup:

I'll look forward to see where the ship is going to...

As others have mentioned, the aging and shaping of the hull are excellent. I also like the modern rigging, the bridge and the smokestack.

Also, ypur first photo (with the sky and sea) is really well edited. "Ship does not float" :snicker: This is a fantastic creation, I look forward to more!

I can't see the photo's here but I've seen them on your flickr account... looks good. Especially like the brown 'stripes' (rust effect I guess) on the hull. It looks like an old, what we called, 'rustbucket'. Great job.

Also I've seen the temple in the jungle. Looks a bit Mexican or that area? Looks great with all the apes, the vegetation and stuff. Really cool is the waterfall. Maybe even cooler with some running lights behind it to simulate the falling water?

Excellent! I love the overall look, the shape, the way you made rust. The hull is really well made with a high level of finition. You manged to make it without any gap or visible stud. And the cabin fits perfectly this kind of old rusty adventurer ship!

I'll simply repeat: phenomenal hull! Not only the rust stripes and worn red paint look fantastic, but the overall shaping on the bow and stern is splendid, too! Moreover, you added (my maritime vocabulary fails me on this...) protruding spill gaps, cable gaps, and bars where the crane hooks can be hooked up! And much more to love: the angled chimney, the smoke, the rigging, the rusted ladder. Last but not least: the minifigure activity. Excellent! Sunbathing on the roof, playing cards, the captain having a casual conversation... the waters are calm, the sky clear; warm sun, slight breeze... :purrr::thumbup: