Sign in to follow this  
sheo

[MOC] Skyfall: Catching the Train

True gentleman (let alone a secret agent) never misses the train.

This diorama recreates the train chase scene from the James Bond movie «Skyfall». It was made for the Lego Ideas contest «Build Something Spectacular from the World of 007».

The motion blur effect in the photos was achieved using practical effects.

46058583812_3f32e2ab4d_c.jpg

31169134647_1c42163dc2_c.jpg

46058583982_77db6cfc5b_c.jpg

45197139955_ec605184c6_c.jpg

The main roles in this scene are played by several vehicles built in 1:30 scale:

1. Land Rover Defender 110 Double Cab pickup;

46077165631_c858ab4609_c.jpg

2. Volkswagen Beetle (2012 version);

31165150757_417943a270_c.jpg

3. Caterpillar 320 excavator (2018 version).

46038286612_3e7700b5eb_c.jpg

Thank you for your attention!

Edited by sheo

Looks really good, some excellent vehicles just curious though, what is holding those quarter round pieces onto the fenders, on the Land Rover? I also like the way the blue car has been smashed by the Track Hoe, which I would enjoy replicating as well. Do those tracks actually work? 

Fantastic build and scene recreation, its simply perfection! This is several awesome MOCs inside an MOC. The excavator and train cars are especially realistic and the whole thing is fun to look at. Most excellent work.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:40 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Looks really good, some excellent vehicles just curious though, what is holding those quarter round pieces onto the fenders, on the Land Rover? I also like the way the blue car has been smashed by the Track Hoe, which I would enjoy replicating as well. Do those tracks actually work? 

Thanks! The tiles are held by clips. I fixed the tracks for stability, but they surely can roll.

15 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Fantastic build and scene recreation, its simply perfection! This is several awesome MOCs inside an MOC. The excavator and train cars are especially realistic and the whole thing is fun to look at. Most excellent work.

Thanks for the compliment!

That looks awesome! :wub:

Great cars and wagons.

You have done a great job in recreating an exciting moment of the movie. :thumbup:

Amazing job! I love scale models and I like the Land Rover and the excavator in particular (especially the excavator! :laugh:)

One question though, you mentioned you created the motion blur effect with practical effects? So this means you did not add these effects digitally, right? So how did you create it? 

Great job!

Looking at the excavator I see that the first images "in motion" have been mirrored.

Also in the movie are they mirrored?

What to you mean with "The motion blur effect in the photos was achieved using practical effects" ?

Again, many compliments!

13 hours ago, Hollander said:

One question though, you mentioned you created the motion blur effect with practical effects? So this means you did not add these effects digitally, right? So how did you create it? 

2 hours ago, mpj said:

What to you mean with "The motion blur effect in the photos was achieved using practical effects" ?

The train and the pickup were actually moving when I took the photos. Unfortunately I only had time to build a very simple setup, which you can see here.

2 hours ago, mpj said:

Looking at the excavator I see that the first images "in motion" have been mirrored.

Also in the movie are they mirrored?

For the movie they built a special version of the excavator with its cabin on the opposite side, but I didn't want to rebuild my little excavator. :laugh:

I am sorry for posting in an old topic, I just have some news regarding this work:

I have created building instructions for the Caterpillar 320 excavator model. They are now available on Rebrickable.

46038286612_3e7700b5eb_z.jpg

640x427.jpg

Thank you for your attention!