Hello everyone.

At the beginning of the year, looking for inspiration to build a new model when I finished Challenger, I decided to build a self-propelled sprayer. The decision was dictated by the fact that there were practically no such machines in Lego world. Shortly after I built the chassis, there was a real flood of these machines. I remember three MOCs were published at eurobricks. My enthusiasm dropped down a bit until I realized that they lacked one very important function. I present Amazone Pantera 4502.

amazone_pantera_4502-1.jpg

The original, let's say, honestly it has charm because of the chubby, smiley face. However, the most characteristic function of these machines is the change in the clearance. This was missing in previously published models, so I set a goal to add such a function. Which is why I approached the issue of machine drive fairly originally.

128224_01_pantera_4502_d0_kw_1899_if14-a

Drive and control

The original has all-wheel drive, so this function could not be missing. Adjustment of the ground clearance forced such a construction, which will be as high as possible. In this way, instead of relying on the reducers that take up a lot of space I came up with the idea that since I use large wheels, they can be used as part of a large reducer, so the drive is transmitted not directly to the axle but to the roller repulsion wheels I use in every model. A big reduction that there is no jumping effect while driving. The model moves thanks to the XL engine. The steering function has been limited to controlling two axes at once with the medium motor. The original can be turned in three ways: the front axle, two or dog walk :)

Clearance adjustment

The sprayer does not really change the clearance. Only the bodyshell mounted on four linear actuators is lifted. Everything is drive by a medium motor. Simple but effective :D

amazone_pantera_4502-8.jpg

Appearance

Of course, as I usually do, I focused on the visual side of the model. The choice of color was not easy. As far as orange is orange, I thought about the type of green colour. On the one hand, the usual green, no problem with accessibility and the mass of elements on the other is beautiful, hellishly expensive and collected all over Europe, but how reflective of the original Bright Green color. I do not regret that I had to collect building blocks from several countries, the effect is staggering. The biggest challenge was the construction of the front bumper. I hope you like it :)

I invite you to watch photos and short video:

amazone_pantera_4502-1.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-2.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-3.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-4.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-5.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-6.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-7.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-8.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-9.jpg_thumb.jpg amazone_pantera_4502-10.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1570.jpg_thumb.jpg 

Video:

Edited by eric trax

Very cool machine and nice colour scheme. I only question the reliability of the friction drive on rough terrain...but I guess with 4 wheel drive, there should be at least one wheel that will still be driven if others slip.
Regrardless, a sweet model, very nice work indeed :classic:.

The usual level of perfection you have spoiled us with. When watching the video at times I forget it is a Lego model. I think you have managed to create the ultimate version of this type of machine. What else can I say than: My compliments!

This brings back some memories. Over a year ago, you commented in my crop sprayer thread and said that you were working on one of these. Fast forward, and here you are with one of the nicest MOCs I've ever seen and easily the best crop sprayer build out there (and one of my favorite of your builds too)! You really nailed this one. Cheers!

25 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

This brings back some memories. Over a year ago, you commented in my crop sprayer thread and said that you were working on one of these. Fast forward, and here you are with one of the nicest MOCs I've ever seen and easily the best crop sprayer build out there (and one of my favorite of your builds too)! You really nailed this one. Cheers!

@BrickbyBrickTechnic I remember that! :D Your model has motivated me to build my own :)

54 minutes ago, MxWinters said:

Very cool machine and nice colour scheme. I only question the reliability of the friction drive on rough terrain...but I guess with 4 wheel drive, there should be at least one wheel that will still be driven if others slip.
Regrardless, a sweet model, very nice work indeed :classic:.

@MxWinters The drive works better than I expected. The frame is very flexible and the rought terrain is not a problem :)

Edited by eric trax

Wow, nice. That lifting feature is killing me, I have build the third sprayer from the last year's gang and I had spend a lot of time on lifting, but I had failed and considered it "impossible". How wrong I was! it is working like a charm here. I also like your approach to drive.

11 hours ago, eric trax said:

@MxWinters The drive works better than I expected. The frame is very flexible and the rought terrain is not a problem :)

Fair enough. I have never played with that type of friction drive, but if you've got it working and it does what you need it to do then good job, its a design that I've not seen anyone using before, at least with LEGO anyway, so its definitely unique.

11 hours ago, eric trax said:

@MxWinters The drive works better than I expected. The frame is very flexible and the rought terrain is not a problem :)

Fair enough. I have never played with that type of friction drive, but if you've got it working and it does what you need it to do then good job, its a design that I've not seen anyone using before, at least with LEGO anyway, so its definitely unique.

2 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

Wow, nice. That lifting feature is killing me, I have build the third sprayer from the last year's gang and I had spend a lot of time on lifting, but I had failed and considered it "impossible". How wrong I was! it is working like a charm here. I also like your approach to drive.

There isn't much that is "impossible" with LEGO, I believe it is why LEGO is still such an popular toy, even after 70+ years.