Eaglefan344

Chances of an Emerald Night re-release?

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Is there links to your trains somewhere?  I've only seen a couple of these before. 

I need to get off my butt and do some proper galleries of them. I recently joined the LNUR AFOL group, and will take full advantage of their layout for photos of my stock next chance I get! :P

21 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

Have you close-ups of those windows?

It's a really simple built actually (unlike the rest of the coach!), hopefully this render'll do for you. 

No automatic alt text available.

That's 2 1x2x2 clear panels (I'd use 1x4x2 if it existed in clear), a redish brown 1x4 plate and 4 1x1 clear bricks (to represent the sliding upper pains most British steam era coaches in the UK had).

Edited by Redimus

9 hours ago, Redimus said:

I need to get off my butt and do some proper galleries of them. I recently joined the LNUR AFOL group, and will take full advantage of their layout for photos of my stock next chance I get! :P

It's a really simple built actually (unlike the rest of the coach!), hopefully this render'll do for you. 

No automatic alt text available.

That's 2 1x2x2 clear panels (I'd use 1x4x2 if it existed in clear), a redish brown 1x4 plate and 4 1x1 clear bricks (to represent the sliding upper pains most British steam era coaches in the UK had).

Nice work, thanks for the close ups!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, cptkent said:

Slim to none.

But I wish they'd so something similar - an 'mini' Emerald Night. Call it the Emerald Dawn. Perhaps a 1-2-1 version, no coal tender. (Buy 2 to get enough parts for an EN). Carriages different, but matching.

That would preserve the EN second hand market, let people by their own, and allow the rest of us to get more carriages!

Honestly, as beautiful as I thought the EN was, my favorite Steam Engine from LEGO is The Constitution from the Lone Ranger sets.

You can get them NEW on Bricklink for $150, including an oval of track.  It's the same dark green coloring.  I did remove the play features and add a caboose to mine.

EDIT: to add my two cents here, instead of giving us a new passenger train and cargo train every couple of years, they should try an old western set like this one.  I'm sick of essentially an update to the same two sets every couple of years with nothing really cool or new added.

Edited by fred67

9 hours ago, fred67 said:

to add my two cents here, instead of giving us a new passenger train and cargo train every couple of years, they should try an old western set like this one.  I'm sick of essentially an update to the same two sets every couple of years with nothing really cool or new added.

The Lone Ranger train was awesome. It had a great looking engine and carriages, and plenty of fun play features. It didn't include a motor but it was offered at a great price.

But... the movie flopped. Westerns are dead. Kids no longer dream of playing cowboys and indians, robbing banks and being the Marlboro man. And Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't going to relight any fires for long. They want what they see around them now, trains are becoming less and less relevant on the toy scene. Cool, modern looking trains are our last hope of keeping the train theme going.

But it always comes back to this: as long as Lego is making some semblance of trains, the AFOL community can continue to make our own creations with the parts provided.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, Redimus said:

It's my intention to do the same as Tony for my British outline locos and rolling stock (see photo bellow) at some point too (you when time permits me to actually finish the instructions).It's always gonna be an expensive option, but honesty, considering the price EN goes for, not that much more expensive (especially if you have pieces already).

A mod to the HP train to make it look more like the real Olton Hall would be a great asset.

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

A mod to the HP train to make it look more like the real Olton Hall would be a great asset.

Oh, it started as a mod... then I got a little carried away!

I wanted to do a GWR/BR green version too, but there are way too many bits that don't exist in the right colours which would necessitate a very big redesign.

Image may contain: outdoor
(Sadly only the loco and the Pullmans are mine, everything else was built by the various members of the LNUR, and it is all amazing).

Edited by Redimus