Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Q

[MOC]Malaysia Style Coffee Shop

Hello there, Sharing you guys my MOC. It's typical traditional coffee house in Malaysia.

Malaysian Style Kopitiam.

Bought a pair of umbrella lights, finally I’m able to shoot this LEGO building from the angle that I wanted. (^_^)vBought a pair of umbrella lights, finally I’m able to shoot this LEGO building from the angle that I wanted. (^_^)vBought a pair of umbrella lights, finally I’m able to shoot this LEGO building from the angle that I wanted. (^_^)vMalaysian Style Kopitiam.

Thanks for viewing. Hope you guys like it.

Very nice! Have you designed it for a specific layout? What would you envisage going to the side of the building where the balcony is?

Without overlooking the more detailed and ornate architectural features, I’m curious about the technique for the roof - I can’t tell from the photo. Are they medium nougat tiles, or sideways masonry bricks that you managed to attach at few enough points to provide the “wonky” orientation to simulate roof tiles?

Looks great from the outside ?.. Can you take some pictures of the interiors?

Looks great!  

I'm curious about the section between the footpath and the road.  It feels like it should be filled with plants or flowers.  

Excellent MOC and spot on with regards to the design. I can instantly recognise it and it is a common sight in Malaysia too. 

5 hours ago, Kristel said:

Looks great!  

I'm curious about the section between the footpath and the road.  It feels like it should be filled with plants or flowers.  

The sections are the deep drainage sytem and most of the time, they are not covered and our dear Vincent got it right. 

13 hours ago, glx said:

Looks great from the outside ?.. Can you take some pictures of the interiors?

Thanks! I only have one photo for the interior. I might take more in future.

Malaysian style cafe.

4 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Excellent MOC and spot on with regards to the design. I can instantly recognise it and it is a common sight in Malaysia too. 

The sections are the deep drainage sytem and most of the time, they are not covered and our dear Vincent got it right. 

Thanks for the explanation. Brick on!

10 hours ago, Kristel said:

Looks great!  

It is typical drain in Malaysia in old day. Usually not fully covered. I fell a few times on it when I was a child. 

19 hours ago, DeanLearner said:

Very nice! Have you designed it for a specific layout? What would you envisage going to the side of the building where the balcony is?

Without overlooking the more detailed and ornate architectural features, I’m curious about the technique for the roof - I can’t tell from the photo. Are they medium nougat tiles, or sideways masonry bricks that you managed to attach at few enough points to provide the “wonky” orientation to simulate roof tiles?

This MOC is a replicate of a real shop house located at the capital of Malaysia. In the old days, many houses transformed to shop house. Downstair is shop, upstairs is the house of the owner. Here’s the picture of the real building~

Heritage Shop Houses in Malaysia. Comparison of my LEGO creation with the actual buildings.   #heritage #Malaysia #Petalingstreet

Yes I’m using 1x4 nougat printed tiles to build the roof. Glad that you like it. Thanks!

Edited by Vincent Q

2 hours ago, Hobbythom said:

Fabulous build! The sheer size is impressive and the details are just right!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, MaximB said:

Wow! Very interesting work, exactly like the original!

Brick on!

Beautiful build! Many things to point out; I'm definitely a big fan of the dark tan section on the side and the whole texuring on the façade especially with shutter pieces.

20 hours ago, paupadros said:

Beautiful build! Many things to point out; I'm definitely a big fan of the dark tan section on the side and the whole texuring on the façade especially with shutter pieces.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice architecture and beautiful roof! :wub:

Cheers!