sobcz

[MOC] mountain fortress

Hi guys,

so I decided to present here my first MOC ever. Its theme is an assault on mountain fortress, where the king has fled after an ambush from rebelling nobles and their mercenaries. Will the remaining king forces hold until the reinforcements arrive?

As it is my first MOC, I already see a lot of mistakes I did from the beggining (2yrs ago) - usage of black bricks instead of missing DBG, plain design on the walls + towers, etc... I still see myself as a noob and I will try my best to improve for the next build. The scene includes 170 minifigs (I love castle minifigs) that should have ~ 95% different faces, working catapult and crane and no "blind spots" - every tower has a working staircase (the catapult tower has removable top), behind every door is something etc.

So, here is the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143734001@N03/with/32163573298/

And I appreciate every feedback. Thank you.

First MOC? That's nice! Ok, the wall is a bit too plain, but I like the interiors and the shot with moat.
Nazdar!

Very nice! I love how there is so much going on and how big it is and the amount of minifigs. As you and Aine said, the walls are a bit plain, but the rockwork is fantastic on the side there. My big issues are the defending soldiers' uniforms clash; there's crownies, lions, KK2, etc. I mean, I have that issue as well in my collection, but I noticed it. I'd love to see more close up shots!

Impressive by its size, the walls could have benefit of more texture, like others already said.

I like all the activity and the amount of minifig. Perhaps more close up shots centered around minifig action could help too.

all in all a good build. Keep up the good job !