Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Congratulations to Phred and SlyOwl!

Congratulations!!!

phred-framed-big.jpg

slyowl-framed-big.jpg

You may have noticed Phred has been promoted to Moderator, well if you haven't, now you know!!!

SlyOwl has also been promoted for his wonderful efforts ensuring that the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage is kept fresh and alive with new headlines. He shall now officially be known as the Classic-Pirates.com "News Editor" and receives a special tag:

tag_staff_pirate_newseditor.gif

If he continues his brilliant work his next promotion may bring special powers...

Let's all give them a round of congratulations!

And be warned! If you contribute to Classic-Pirates.com for an extended period of time, you too are likely to receive a promotion!

And be warned! If you contribute to Classic-Pirates.com for an extended period of time, you too are likely to receive a promotion!

Ill keep that In mind! :pir-classic:

I was waiting until SlyOwl would get something, I thought Phred was already a Mod?

EDIT: Phes you finally changed your Avatar!

Edited by Joey Lock

Congrats guys! Well deserved, that Pirate Mod tag looks very, very neat. :thumbup:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Hey, thanks for all your contributions to the EB community! Congrats, the both of you deserve it! :pir-classic:

Yo hoho and a bottle of rum for both of you!!! Which means in pirate language congradulations!!!! it probably doesn't but congradulations anyway!!!! :thumbup::pir-laugh:

Congratulations you two! The EB forum just got a whole heap better. But may I enquire as to how to contribute to classic-pirates.com?

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

I've been so busy posting my contest entry and updating indexes that i almost missed this thread. :pir-laugh:

Thanx a lot guys. :blush:

Hopefully Mr. Tiber can show me all the ropes to a Pirate MOD.

He's like my older brother :cry_happy: (that's younger than me :pir-look: )

I thought Phred was already a Mod?

Well close.

I was a Regulator, which is a step below a MOD. :pir-wink:

Oh yeah, Congratulations SlyOwl! :thumbup:

P

Congratulations you two! The EB forum just got a whole heap better. But may I enquire as to how to contribute to classic-pirates.com?

You certainly may!

Phred began creating and maintaining indexes for the Pirate Forum without even being asked. So after several months we decided to promote him to Regulator, he continued to produce good work which eventually lead to his promotion as a Moderator.

At the end of last year we were looking for someone to update the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage and SlyOwl was the first to volunteer. He did a great job for a couple of months so we gave him an official title to acknowledge his efforts. There's still plenty of promotions left for him if he continues to do an outstanding job.

As for other people...

We have several ongoing projects - the development of Classic-Pirates.com, the Guide to the Pirate Mini-figure article series, a monthly newsletter and soon a MySpace profile. So we're always looking for people who have:

• Web design skills, like HTML, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, etc or serverside development skills like PHP and SQL.
  • Graphic design or Desktop Publishing skills
  • Photography skills - especially people with good cameras and lots of Pirate LEGO to take pictures of
  • 2D or 3D animation skills
  • Creative writers

If someone can think of something we don't have then we're quite open to suggestions.

Of course to get a promotion you need to have regular forum participation and you must contribute on a regular basis, so if you only make one or two contributions that probably won't cut it. You also must be reasonably skilled because there is a certain level of quality we aim It's not that high, but it's not that low either.

So yes, many ways in which people can contribute. We even have a contributions form people can fill out if they wish to submit something, or people can just post in the forum.

... a monthly newsletter ...

• Creative writers

Speaking of which, I am looking for anyone who would like to contribute an article for that newsletter, so if anyone has any ideas or offerings, please let me know here or by PM.

Another fine way to contribute is to simply participate. Read and comment on reviews, vote in polls, share your Pirate experiences and news, suggest the forum to your fellow Pirate loving friends, and join in on contests, of course!

apirateslife8b.jpg

I might also add that anything that shows support for Pirate LEGO in general, helps us and you by sending a message to TLG that we want the theme to return, so scroll down and check out some auctions. I've noticed some real bargains, especially from UK sellers.

Thanks, and congrats again on the promotions, guys!

Happy Birthday! :pir-classic:

(reads better) oops! :pir-oh: , Congratiulations! :pir-wink:

nice new one :pir_yoda: , not seen before

These are some very deserved promotions!

My congratulations to Phred and SlyOwl.

Phred and SlyOwl, congrats congrats on your promotions! Wonderful job u have done for the Pirates forum! :pir-laugh:

Edited by WhiteFang