Sign in to follow this  
Aleh

Mercedes-Benz G63///AMG Mansory Gronos Edition

Hey! I'm running race against time because in a week or two I'l put lego on a pause. Long pause.

So I'm not sure I'll finish this MOC before time, but I'm doing all possible. 

The last order with parts from bricklink was the worst one - not complete and I paid extra fee to customs because seller failed the declaration.

So, below I'll upload a couple of WIP photos. I'm inspired of Damians great Mercedes - Benz G 63 ///AMG

Already implemented features:

1. Feature thanks to which I start building: Mansory body widekit with Porsche wheels. I used purple arches and some other panels. But now we hav white ones in the upcoming Porsche set, so not excluded car will be fully white. Angry main lights.

2. 4 wheels suspencion with brakes. Brakes are pneumatic with manual switch. I used 3 small cylinder for now.

Planning:

1) Blocking diffs on both axles. I never build this feature and have no experience. but G klasse has it at the main place on the interior.

2) Lights of the stairs (side under the doors). Now simply no any ideas for implementation.

What features do you guys want to see here? 

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Aleh/mansory-gronos-wip#

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Edited by Aleh

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

But now we hav white ones in the upcoming Porsche set, so not excluded car will be fully white.

As discussed in the 42096 topic, the white wheel arches are smaller and very likely printed, unfortunately:

Fingers crossed, even if LEGO decide to produce a few more wheel arch designs, they will produce the three existing ones in more colors and without prints before that.

Edited by imvanya

10 hours ago, Nebulaire said:

Did you consider making the Mansory 6x6 version instead ?

Recently not - my aim is 4x4 version. Anybody may suppose it's simple just to extend this suv, add third axle the same as the second and build pickup instead of wagon, but in this case 6x6 version has portal axles which means totally rebuilding the suspension.

10 hours ago, I_Igor said:

White one looks better IMHO

Maybe you are right. Next year I will fit the new white arches. But not sure, because they are printed.

9 hours ago, imvanya said:

As discussed in the 42096 topic, the white wheel arches are smaller and very likely printed, unfortunately.

I know I know.

If they are just smaller - I'll try to fir them anyway. Printed ones are not suitable, of course.

Edited by Aleh

Honestly, considering that Mansory have produced quite a few outrageously colored cars, I see nothing wrong with a purple-on-white G-Wagen :laugh:

mansory_mercedes-benz_g_500_4x4_3.jpeg

mansory_bentley_continental_gt_race_62.jpeg

mansory_porsche_panamera_turbo_9.jpg

mansory_rolls-royce_ghost_7.jpeg

25 minutes ago, imvanya said:

Honestly, considering that Mansory have produced quite a few outrageously colored cars, I see nothing wrong with a purple-on-white G-Wagen :laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

mansory_mercedes-benz_g_500_4x4_3.jpeg

mansory_bentley_continental_gt_race_62.jpeg

mansory_porsche_panamera_turbo_9.jpg

mansory_rolls-royce_ghost_7.jpeg

Thank you! I'm trying to reproduce something like this:

2016-mercedes-amg-g63-mansory-gronos.jpg

I say ditch the wheel arches. They are rounded in all directions. You need something more boxy. All white with black details will look great, just like the picture. The G has 3 locking diffs; front, center and rear, so I would like to see you implement all of them. And since you already implemented pneumatic breaks, maybe an adjustable ride height would be nice. Oh, and at least 2 studs wide body kit (which, seen from the pictures you already have).

Edited by pagicence

1 hour ago, pagicence said:

The G has 3 locking diffs; front, center and rear, so I would like to see you implement all of them. 

Not sure I'll cope with this task. Maybe rear one... For now on pending, not cancelled status.

And since you already implemented pneumatic breaks, maybe an adjustable ride height would be nice. 

Agree but too complex. function can be applied to the rear suspension only, front is already overloaded with features.

Oh, and at least 2 studs wide body kit (which, seen from the pictures you already have).

Right! Wide kit is the most important difference from regular G klass. It has 2 studs wide on each side.

Hi guys! Hello to you and welcome to look at my finished MOC. Mercedes-Banz G63///AMG Mansory Gronos Edition.

Since december I had too less time for lego as I've became a father :classic:

But I found time to finished it. Feel free to ask any questions and any critics of course is highly appreciated.

No any photoshop used because no time for edit photos now. They are as is.

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg1920x1440.jpg

Some close up details:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I'll add the description ASAP!

All photos can be find here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Aleh/mercedes-benz-g63-amg-mansory-gronos-edition

It looks nice actually; since white fenders are smaller than the one you need, I was wondering what will be with your project. Now I see that orange and white combo could actually look very cool :thumbup:

I saw you changed your avatar a few days ago and I was hopping that it will be presented soon, and here it is. I love the stance of it when you look at it from behind. With the wide body kit it really looks bitchin'. From the front awesome and angry looking. Wheels sticking out of the wheel arches... spot on. I would like to see how it drives.

And I must ask; why two different exhaust sides?

Edited by pagicence

@I_Igor Thank you so much!

12 hours ago, pagicence said:

From the front awesome and angry looking.

Yeah, that was my aim! When I turn on the light you'll be scared!

Wheels sticking out of the wheel arches...

That was the second aim :classic:

I would like to see how it drives.

I'm definitely going to make some video, now being investigating about soundtrack and the idea of the video.

And I must ask; why two different exhaust sides?

Oh, my bad. The widen one looks better for me but I do not have 4 those parts. So do not know what to do.. In video will try to film sides the same

Edited by Aleh

It has two XL motors for driving in 1:3 gear rate if I'm not wrong, so climbing abilities on angry tires are fascinating.

Hello friends! At last video has arrived :)

The one and only thanks I should say to my daughter who actually celebrates her 3 month from birth today :wub: and let her father e.g me to create this Gelandewagen! Features are described in the video. Please enjoy! 

What. A. Beauty. :wub_drool:

Absolutely love the colour combo and all the aesthetic and mechanical details you've managed to work into the model.

And congratulations on your recent fatherhood :wub:

Neat trick with the headlights. They look like halo rings from the distance, especially when coming out of the dark. I like it.

Wow. Impressive!! Very nice lines and functions - You've done a spot on job. The front grill detail is very creative and find it honorable that you fit the front and rear seats into the design with many functions! Cant wait for your next build :thumbup::thumbup:

On 3/18/2019 at 7:16 PM, suffocation said:

What. A. Beauty. :wub_drool:

And congratulations on your recent fatherhood :wub:

Thank you so much!

On 3/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, pagicence said:

Neat trick with the headlights. They look like halo rings from the distance, especially when coming out of the dark. I like it.

Thanks!)) I'm proud of this solution myself! But it seems this is the only trick in the car :laugh:

On 3/19/2019 at 2:35 AM, Lox Lego said:

Wow. Impressive!! Very nice lines and functions - You've done a spot on job. The front grill detail is very creative and find it honorable that you fit the front and rear seats into the design with many functions! Cant wait for your next build :thumbup::thumbup:

Very appreciate you guys found time to look and comment!

Hello to everyone! I made some facelift of this model. Techical part is the same - 2XL for driving and servo for steering, I rejected the brakes system this time and doubled shock absorbers in the front suspencion. Added more LED. All the res are cosmetic changes. New fenders from 42096, tires from 42110. Wheels are highlited in this model (glow in the dark).

Here you can see all the photos:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Aleh/mercedes-benz-g63-amg-mansory-gronos-edition

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg