SamuelYsc

Does LDD developer mode works on the MAC

Yes, the LDD developer mode works on window but sadly my window OS computer is broken and i can't continue my MOC build until i fix my computer or i find a way to use developer mode in MAC.

So.... Has anybody try and success turn on LDD developer mode in MAC ?  

9 hours ago, SamuelYsc said:

How????!!! Can you share which file and the file path you have edit to turn the Developer mode?

Navigate: Library > Application Support > LEGO Company > LEGO Digital Designer. You will see a file called preferences.ini. Open in textedit and add a new line at the top. Write "DeveloperMode=1" 

18 hours ago, Beck said:

Navigate: Library > Application Support > LEGO Company > LEGO Digital Designer. You will see a file called preferences.ini. Open in textedit and add a new line at the top. Write "DeveloperMode=1

nope it still don't work for me :(

i have have any file named"LEGO Company" in my Application Support, it is because of i am using version 4.3.11 of the LDD?
Also MACOS 10.14.1

Even i just create a folder name"LEGO Company" and put "LEGO Digital Designer" "preferences.ini" in it, it still don't work:(

i have also try re-install...

5 hours ago, SamuelYsc said:

i have have any file named"LEGO Company" in my Application Support, it is because of i am using version 4.3.11 of the LDD?
Also MACOS 10.14.1

Even i just create a folder name"LEGO Company" and put "LEGO Digital Designer" "preferences.ini" in it, it still don't work:(

I don’t know the specificities of LDD on MacOS but there are general rules that apply:

First, 4.3.11 is the latest version for everyone, and it doesn’t work differently than all 4.3 versions (or even older ones) (besides, I doubt anyone is still using older versions, except maybe a few 4.3.10 hanging around).

Then, don’t try to create folders and files if they aren’t already there.  If they aren’t there it’s because they are elsewhere or you’re not looking where you should.  Also, these personal files are user specific and are created after LDD has been first executed by each user.  So, (install LDD and) launch LDD, then quit (preferences.ini is only read at start up anyway, so letting LDD running is useless), then try to find all the “LEGO Company” directories (search for “LEGO,” case should matter but try a “case insensitive” search if you can find it) and preferences.ini in your personal folder / home.

7 hours ago, SamuelYsc said:

Also MACOS 10.14.1

I found the preferences file in version 4.3.10 and 4.3.11 of LDD. 

I'm running Sierra 10.12.6

I would simply reinstall LDD.

I was honestly quite stumped as to why the preferences file could not be found, so I found another route to the file. 

Right click the application and choose package contents. Then navigate contents > resources > help. 

Let me know if this works?

22 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

I don’t know the specificities of LDD on MacOS but there are general rules that apply:

First, 4.3.11 is the latest version for everyone, and it doesn’t work differently than all 4.3 versions (or even older ones) (besides, I doubt anyone is still using older versions, except maybe a few 4.3.10 hanging around).

Then, don’t try to create folders and files if they aren’t already there.  If they aren’t there it’s because they are elsewhere or you’re not looking where you should.  Also, these personal files are user specific and are created after LDD has been first executed by each user.  So, (install LDD and) launch LDD, then quit (preferences.ini is only read at start up anyway, so letting LDD running is useless), then try to find all the “LEGO Company” directories (search for “LEGO,” case should matter but try a “case insensitive” search if you can find it) and preferences.ini in your personal folder / home.

13 hours ago, Beck said:

I was honestly quite stumped as to why the preferences file could not be found, so I found another route to the file. 

Right click the application and choose package contents. Then navigate contents > resources > help. 

Nope, i have try to search the whole Mac and still found nothing relate to preferences.ini.
The only "preferences.ini" i found is right in the Folder "LEGO Digital Designer.app" and i press show Package Content to view the app content.
They do have a "preferences.ini" in it which path is "/Applications/LEGO Digital Designer.app/Contents/Resources"

But the "preferences.ini" is not changeable and i have try to copy one to the desktop and rewrite it and place it back to the original "preferences.ini" and still not working at all.

alBIReg.png

KchAoJJ.png

Although it may still not work at the end, but i still want to have a really big thanks to all you who have help me and share with this!
Thank you guys!

Edited by SamuelYsc
Thanks

13 hours ago, Beck said:

Oh well i have make a mistake, it is right here.

PQuwphw.png

And i have copy the file to the desktop and edit it to this then put it back in the original place.

cETVSBv.png

AND IT IS FINALLY WORKING NOW!!!!!

aEz49IO.png

Thanks you all guys !!!!

Edited by SamuelYsc
yea