Sign in to follow this  
xzanfr

Cupboard street

indexed.gif House B-RV-1A; Estate Office B-OV-6B; Vehicle V-LV-29A

Hello, all. I thought you may be interested in my small scale setup. Due to lack of space and bricks I have confined my creations to some shelves. Top is technic, then there’s SW and my town below.

dscn1819.jpg

The town buildings were initially built as a backdrop to display some vehicles but it grew to take over a bit!

cstreet103.jpg

The yellow building is a house and has a weird roof so that it fits in the space!

dscn1866.jpg

The green building is an estate agents office, with the white plates representing the photo’s in the window (I can’t be arsed with stickers!!)

dscn1860.jpg

The 2 are separated with an alley for the bins and a fire escape from the green office.

dscn1682.jpg

Both the buildings have interiors, featuring a toilet (lifted straight from the new police station – as were the water cooler and coffee machine).

cstreet114.jpg

I’m not too happy with the stairs or t.v. but it has got a kitchen.

dscn1863.jpg

The office has meeting areas on the ground floor with further office space above. I’ve no idea why I put a hovercraft on the roof but I like it!!

dscn1851.jpg

Here are the vehicles on their own.

dscn1940.jpg

Having taken the pictures I have built a further building, a bank to go alongside the green one however, I’m not too happy with it as I’ve run out of windows and used the clear plates from the garage / police station roofs.

All in all I’m pleased with the result but it’s major flaw is that I don’t have enough space to display the vehicles so it cant be used as intended. I’m most pleased with the green estate agents, it used up all of my green bricks which is why it has grey sides. There are a few changes lined up as I really want to build a row of Victorian houses. This will have to wait until I’ve got the tan house, though.

I would be interested to hear your comments as well as anyone else’s experiences in building in smaller areas.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, my brickshelf is here: my brickshelf

(This is my first go at this so I'll try and rectify any mistakes. - I'm having trouble getting pictures to appear and have used links insted. When I follow the tutorial and 'insert image' I am told 'dynamic pages are not allowed in img tags' when linking to my brickshelf folder images. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks).

EDIT reread tutorial!

Edited by Phred

Very nice buildings! I like the interior and the exterior. Great style!

And the yellow jeep is awesome. Good use of the little space.

:laugh::thumbup:

Very nice buildings! I like the interior and the exterior. Great style!

And the yellow jeep is awesome. Good use of the little space.

:laugh::thumbup:

Thanks for that, Matn.

I'm quite pleased with the land rover, even though it is a bit cartoonish.... It only just fits in the garage!

That's a very cool scene you've got there! I like the 'moving house' scene, with the van and crates and stuff, that's neat. I really like that blue van too. :thumbup:

That yellow house is great, that's neat couch design you got there. Just two questions... Why is that man holding a rifle, and why does he have ninja apparel in the back of his car? :tongue:

The Estate Agents are also very cool, with a wonderful interior and a great looking exterior. :thumbup:

You've done a great job not only with the building of the scene, but also building it to fit in that area. Great job! :thumbup:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Cheers iamded.

That's where the bloke in my avatar lives!....He's paranoid about zombie attacks and is getting himself prepared :wink:

The roof terrace would be a perfect place for a sniper, he could sit on his garden furniture and eat his barbiqued chicken leg t he same time!!.

The blue van turned out o.k. in the end, i just wish i had some decent doors to put on the back, like the ones on the ambulance.

Cool setup. :sweet: I like the ATM. (I'm actually considering doing the same kind of layout.)

I also like your buildings very much, especially the yellow and black one!

Nice layout! One of the best things you can do when space is limited.

There is a form of 'realism' in these creations I can't quite put my finger on. Whatever it is I really really like it. I can imagine these as being real minifig buildings - perhaps it's the small details like the windowsill flowers on the house or the air extractors on the roof of the estate agents. The alleyway is extremely realistic - when I look at it I imagine dogs barking for some reason (probably this happens in most films :classic: ). The minifig positioning is excellent too!

This would make a great 'move' type scene! Well done!

Thank goodness that I'm not the only one with limited space!

I have a similar layout to that one with the modular buildings, altough I must admit I have a fair amount of more space on my shelf to put to use than what you've got. But with limited space, gotta use it creativey. I'm liking what you've got there. Excellent buildings, love the interior (especially the garage with sofa and cupboard) but maybe you should consider downsizing the choice of vehicle? :wink::thumbup:

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

sinner:

I like the ATM. (I'm actually considering doing the same kind of layout.)

I've had to move the atm as you were standing in the middle of a busy road to use it!!.

I moved it to the front of a further building but it looks a bit out of place. I think (as it's so small), that it should be on the back or side as one of those 'secret' things that you find on a moc.... something thats not immediately obvious but you find it on second look.

Thanks, legotrainfan - I've been rebuilding the yellow and black building today as I wanted in to be in the middle of the street (which meant I needed to build a side wall on it). It has proved to be a problem, though!!

Having seen your thread basilliscus, I've been rebuilding today to try and use some of your camera techniques. The position of the street means that it can only be seen from one place, allowing me to maybe move it up a shelf and arrange it so your eye is drawn to specific positions - similar to your 'red carpet' photograph.

You're right about the vehicle size, freddie - It's a place where the 4 stud wide cars would be best but I really enjoy building the SNOT front parts of the 6 wide ones!.

Your yellow building and your green one´re really fine and in a good size, with neat interiors too. Your vehicles´re pretty

good too, I especially like your yellow jeep and that cool black truck. :thumbup:

Cupboard street is real cool! You can add these 2 buildings to any Cities! I will love to have one of these. Btw, did you use the beach house to mod the yellow building? It looks very neat :wink:

Very nicely done! I've always envisioned a town where all the streets are straight across a shelf like that, and plan to do something along those lines myself one day. It's nice to see it in action!

I especially appreciate the way the buildings are adapted to fit the available space, yet look like something that could happen in real life.

Cupboard Street On! :thumbup:

I especially appreciate the way the buildings are adapted to fit the available space, yet look like something that could happen in real life.

imperialshadows pretty much sums up what I think very succinctly. Well put mate!

Having looked at the vehicles in more detail, I particularly like the SNOT details on the yellow jeep. There is a lot more to that creation than meets the eye. If you wanted some advice to improve the vehicles, I would add something to the roof of the blue van, the main body is great but the roof is a little bland - perhaps an aerial or an extractor fan (like you see on some UK vans) would help break it up a bit. But that's only nitpicking because the 3 of them are really well-built!

Cupboard street is real cool! You can add these 2 buildings to any Cities! I will love to have one of these. Btw, did you use the beach house to mod the yellow building? It looks very neat :wink:

I used a combination of the 7744 police station, the 7793 service station and 4996 beach house. That's about all of my modern Lego, the rest is made up form all the stuff from the 70's / 80's including this police station! (the bits my dog didn't eat, anyway!).

@Basiliscus.. god idea with the roof - I'll give it a try.