Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day Four: Notice Me, Senpai!

I think Barbarossa has it out for me and is trying to influence the town to push me out. As stated before, I voted for WW as I did not trust her at first, and through PMs, I believed her to be town or neutral, and same for her me. As Barbarossa said, we still have two other people to hear from.

I do believe Barbossa to be scum, especially after Chell's post.

Vote: Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4)

10 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I think Barbarossa has it out for me and is trying to influence the town to push me out. As stated before, I voted for WW as I did not trust her at first, and through PMs, I believed her to be town or neutral, and same for her me. As Barbarossa said, we still have two other people to hear from.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, KotZ said:

I'm not totally convinced on Ellie yet. I'm going to...

Vote: Wonderwoman (forresto)

Mainly for that idea a vanilla townie claimed miller.

I'm not suspicious of you just for that fact that you voted for WW, it's the reason you voted which to me sounded like a silly reason and a way for you to hide into the bandwagon. Out of all the reasons to vote you voting for a simple idea she made sounds silly to me. Also Mad-Eye voted for you so my suspicion was raised a little from that. 

Sorry I haven’t posted yet, I’ve seen the thread but haven’t had the time to respond until now. 

14 hours ago, fhomess said:

Well, I do think that there's a scum on the Ellie bandwagon and at this point, I think it's Doc Brown.  He's been largely absent was the first vote on Ellie on Day 1, then voted on the other two bandwagons as well.  He's the only person on all 3 of those bandwagons.

I guess I have been on all four most popular votes, but I feel like the only one you could really argue was me jumping on a bandwagon was mid day two. Day one I was the first one to vote Ellie so there was no bandwagon for me to have voted on. Day two Finn said he was scum, so it was near unanimous. Day three was another unanimous vote, so you can’t blame me for bandwagoning there.

14 hours ago, fhomess said:

He's had a number of odd comments, including acting very surprised at how many votes Ellie got on Day 1 after he threw a vote her way.  The other moment from him, which is a bit odder, IMO, was that he was fairly early to invite Wonder Woman but not commit to someone else.

I was surprised that my mostly throwaway vote turned into a bandwagon, is it wrong to be surprised by that? As for the second odd moment, I correctly assumed that the only way a town block could be started this early was if an investigator was involved, and I didn’t want to lynch someone who was either the investigator or cleared, so I unvoted immediately. I didn’t switch votes to Finn until he claimed scum because as I said in the thread, I thought his erratic behavior could just be his inexperience showing.

17 hours ago, fhomess said:

Here's the Day 1 vote tally:

And the mid-day vote tally for Day 2, taken at peak Wonder Woman voting:

As well as the final vote tally for Day 2:

So... what do I make of all this?

Well, I do think that there's a scum on the Ellie bandwagon and at this point, I think it's Doc Brown.  He's been largely absent was the first vote on Ellie on Day 1, then voted on the other two bandwagons as well.  He's the only person on all 3 of those bandwagons.  He's had a number of odd comments, including acting very surprised at how many votes Ellie got on Day 1 after he threw a vote her way.  The other moment from him, which is a bit odder, IMO, was that he was fairly early to invite Wonder Woman but not commit to someone else.

Vote: Doc Brown (Rider Raider)

There's something odd in the timing of Oroku, Barbossa, and Moody's day 2 votes.  They voted "together" on both the Wonder Woman and Finn bandwagons.  I don't think all 3 are scum, but that's kind of weird.

The other absentee is the 11th Doctor.  He's basically just been showing up at the end to cast votes with very little to say during the rest of the days.  That's not typically like him.  It could be interpreted as scum trying to fly under the radar.  I wouldn't terribly blame him for that, but that's not the kind of person I think he is.

You are correct in that I have been more absent than present; unforeseen things arising from traveling time and space.  I will be able to analyze the data and give my thoughts and vote in a few hours. 

7 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm not sure I see it that way. He hardly cast suspicion upon me by claiming that I was the person blocked. Saying that he blocked me on Night One doesn't exactly incriminate me considering there was an assumed scum kill that night. Even if his intention was to try to make me look suspicious, it's typical Mafia 101 that whenever the scum tries to implicate another innocent player in their dying gasp, it's usually an attempt to try to get the town to lynch the innocent after the scum player flips as scum the next day. Moody is a very experienced mafia player, he'd know this. 

As for the lynches against Doc Brown, I suppose it does fit in that he's a bandwagoner. However, the last two days have been near unanimous for the lynched person. When Finn said he was scum, almost everyone voted for him. When Moody was outed as scum, everyone voted for him. That leaves primarily the Day One votes as what we should really look at, as well as the mid-Day Two votes that Chell listed above. For the Wonder Woman vote, it seems that Doc Brown and Oroku voted for him, two people that have been voted for today, in addition to Moody that we know is scum. That leaves Barbossa and Ellie Sattler. Barbossa is the one casting the initial vote for Oroku and has been out for her all day today, so it's not likely that they would be on the same team unless they're trying a power play. This leads me to believe that either Barbossa or Oroku are scum, but likely not both. As for Doc Brown, who has been a middle ground person the whole game, the people, or rather person, accusing him has also been a middle of the road player. 

For me, at least today, it's a choice between four players. Ellie Sattler, Barbossa, Oroku, or Doc Brown. Hidden in that list is most likely at least one scum member. At this point I'm conflicted as to who to go with. As I said, at least one of those four is probably scum, but I'm struggling who to go with. For now, I think I'll: 

Vote: Oroku Karai / KotZ

Based on my theory, if Oroku flips town, I'm inclined to believe that Barbossa is scum. If Oroku flips scum, I'm about 75% sure that Barbossa is town, but not completely as it could be some kind of a next level play. Beyond that, out of the remaining players, it's possible that the Joker is scum. Since this is his first game, I don't know his play style. He and Chell did vote for Moody on Day Two before Chell switched her vote and apparently the Joker didn't. Batgirl is the only one that I can't get a full read on yet. Doctor Who has been noticeably absent, but I'm not sure if he's trying to fly under the radar or not. If something changes or a revelation is made, I'll switch my vote. 

Agreed on Barbossa and Oroku probably not both being scum.  Joker has been coasting through on his wackiness.  I don't take anything from the fact that he didn't unvote Moody on Day 2.  He didn't say a word the rest of the day.  Maybe he was concentrating on a good pirate prank against you.

I just noticed that Batgirl's earlier vote on Day 2 was against the Joker after the Joker voted for Moody.  I don't recall thinking much of it at the time, but now that we know Moody was indeed scum, it looks a bit suspect.

7 hours ago, KotZ said:

Care to elaborate on why my comments convinced you Barbossa is scum?  I made an observation about him, but didn't really make an accusation.

2 hours ago, Rider Raider said:

Sorry I haven’t posted yet, I’ve seen the thread but haven’t had the time to respond until now. 

I guess I have been on all four most popular votes, but I feel like the only one you could really argue was me jumping on a bandwagon was mid day two. Day one I was the first one to vote Ellie so there was no bandwagon for me to have voted on. Day two Finn said he was scum, so it was near unanimous. Day three was another unanimous vote, so you can’t blame me for bandwagoning there.

I was surprised that my mostly throwaway vote turned into a bandwagon, is it wrong to be surprised by that? As for the second odd moment, I correctly assumed that the only way a town block could be started this early was if an investigator was involved, and I didn’t want to lynch someone who was either the investigator or cleared, so I unvoted immediately. I didn’t switch votes to Finn until he claimed scum because as I said in the thread, I thought his erratic behavior could just be his inexperience showing.

I agree the Day 1 "bandwagon" wasn't you following.  The fact that it was a throwaway vote actually makes me more suspicious of you because you really weren't trying to do anything with that vote.  In fact, none of your votes appear to have any substance behind them.  Ok, fair enough, the Finn and Moody votes were a bit self selecting.  However, the Finn vote wasn't when you unvoted - you waited till Finn had really gone crazy.  It loos a lot like you were waiting to see which way the wind blew so you could vote out whichever townie ended up being the lynch of choice.  You didn't bother to tell us who you were suspicious of and you haven't done so this entire convention.

4 minutes ago, Lady K said:

You are correct in that I have been more absent than present; unforeseen things arising from traveling time and space.  I will be able to analyze the data and give my thoughts and vote in a few hours. 

Glad there's nothing serious going on.

No word from a new investigator spokesperson. I'm starting to fear WW was the investigator. :cry_sad:

So what's on the menu?

@KotZ is being accused of bandwagoning and skimping on his explanations for why he voted for those that he did. More recently he cast a revenge vote against @Khscarymovie4

@Rider Raider has been accused of "acting very surprised at how many votes Ellie got on Day 1 after he threw a vote her way", sitting on the fence, and giving WW a pass to which he defends his case saying he "didn’t want to lynch someone who was either the investigator or cleared". 

Of these two I would definitely say KotZ is the most suspicious while Rider Raider on the other hand is innocent on all charges except for maybe being a fence sitter IMO as he has explained himself quite well I feel.

7 hours ago, KotZ said:

Can you please quote which part of said post your referencing?

21 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Care to elaborate on why my comments convinced you Barbossa is scum?  I made an observation about him, but didn't really make an accusation.

17 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Of these two I would definitely say KotZ is the most suspicious while Rider Raider on the other hand is innocent on all charges except for maybe being a fence sitter IMO as he has explained himself quite well I feel.

The quote below is the one.

17 hours ago, fhomess said:

There's something odd in the timing of Oroku, Barbossa, and Moody's day 2 votes.  They voted "together" on both the Wonder Woman and Finn bandwagons.  I don't think all 3 are scum, but that's kind of weird.

I'm town (yes of course, everyone says that), but if the "voting together" thing did happen, I'd say Barbossa is the scum in that pairing.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, Bob said:

Hmmm. Well I obviously know how this looks for me with what I said yesterday in regards to Wonder Woman and others. Even though I voted for Moody, I still was extremely suspicious of Wonder Woman and her claims.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm not sure I see it that way. He hardly cast suspicion upon me by claiming that I was the person blocked. Saying that he blocked me on Night One doesn't exactly incriminate me considering there was an assumed scum kill that night. Even if his intention was to try to make me look suspicious, it's typical Mafia 101 that whenever the scum tries to implicate another innocent player in their dying gasp, it's usually an attempt to try to get the town to lynch the innocent after the scum player flips as scum the next day. Moody is a very experienced mafia player, he'd know this.

Of course Mad-Eye knew that, and so did you, and so do most of the players here. What I'm suggesting is that Mad-Eye did it on purpose. No one could possibly suspect someone that the scum tried to draw attention to!

Vote: Superman (Bob)

As you said after your vote, I'm still interested to hear any actual results from a watcher, investigator, etc.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:29 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Whoo! Caught a scum! :sweet:

Sucks to lose WW though now knowing she was town. :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Lady K said:

On 11/27/2018 at 6:24 PM, Asphalt said:

I will give you fluffy, didn’t have much time and wanted to stay active today. But how exactly was it scummy?  You seem to throw that word around a heck of a lot without much seeming cause. Casting suspicion away from yourself perhaps?

Fluff posts, like these three examples, are actively detrimental to town because they make for more reading without adding anything to the discussion. Anything detrimental to town is either 1) a mistake or 2) a scum.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I'm town (yes of course, everyone says that), but if the "voting together" thing did happen, I'd say Barbossa is the scum in that pairing.

And what brings you to that conclusion? 

Current Vote Count:

Oroku Kirai (KotZ) 2 Votes (Khscarymovie4, Bob)

Doc Brown (Rider Raider) 1 Vote (fhomess)

Superman (Bob) 1 Vote (Stickfig)

Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4) 1 Vote (KotZ)

With ten players remaining it takes a majority of 6 to lynch. 21 hours remain.

44 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

And what brings you to that conclusion? 

Well since I'm town that's how. Of course you have to take my word for it.

14 minutes ago, KotZ said:

So are you the jester now? :wacko: :laugh:

6 hours ago, fhomess said:

.I just noticed that Batgirl's earlier vote on Day 2 was against the Joker after the Joker voted for Moody.  I don't recall thinking much of it at the time, but now that we know Moody was indeed scum, it looks a bit suspect.

I don't think that's particularly suspicious though. Yes Moody was scum (which I obviously didn't know at the time), but the Joker's vote for him seemed weak, it had been copied word for word with very little other reasoning other than what others have said. So my vote on the Joker wasn't to do with the person he voted for, but rather the way he voted for them. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:50 PM, mostlytechnic said:

Wow, so much drama stirred up. Just remember when I flip town tomorrow, trust no one. There's obviously a bunch of lying going on since there is conflicting claims and multiple blocks. 

Good luck in the hunt. I'm off to eat turkey instead of pizza and fanta. 

Oh, and for proper form so I don't get penalty votes, 

vote: oruku (kotz)

I'm voting for oruku since I blocked her last night and there weren't deaths.

This doesn't sit well with me, playing WIFOM here, but Moody knew he was going to flip scum, so is this an attempt to make Oruku look town? As I mentioned before Otaku's easy vote for WW didn't sit well with me, and I would definitely think she was scum out of her and Barabossa.

13 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

No word from a new investigator spokesperson. I'm starting to fear WW was the investigator. :cry_sad:

So what's on the menu?

@KotZ is being accused of bandwagoning and skimping on his explanations for why he voted for those that he did. More recently he cast a revenge vote against @Khscarymovie4

@Rider Raider has been accused of "acting very surprised at how many votes Ellie got on Day 1 after he threw a vote her way", sitting on the fence, and giving WW a pass to which he defends his case saying he "didn’t want to lynch someone who was either the investigator or cleared". 

I mean the investigators spokesperson is no longer breathing air. Unless some useful information was found coming out would honestly hurt the town more then help. 

11 hours ago, StickFig said:

Of course Mad-Eye knew that, and so did you, and so do most of the players here. What I'm suggesting is that Mad-Eye did it on purpose. No one could possibly suspect someone that the scum tried to draw attention to!

As you said after your vote, I'm still interested to hear any actual results from a watcher, investigator, etc.

Fluff posts, like these three examples, are actively detrimental to town because they make for more reading without adding anything to the discussion. Anything detrimental to town is either 1) a mistake or 2) a scum.

Why is everyone expecting the town PR's to come to rescue? If there was some good information they would have come out by now. 

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Current Vote Count:

We are still missing half of our company to vote! Not bothering to vote and remaining quiet is not good for the town. At least voting can give us a clear position in which you stand and can help for future days. This is pretty fishy and I seriously doubt all those not voting are scum. Townies, vote! 

25 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I mean the investigators spokesperson is no longer breathing air. Unless some useful information was found coming out would honestly hurt the town more then help. 

Why is everyone expecting the town PR's to come to rescue? If there was some good information they would have come out by now. 

I was hoping the investigator had a new spokesperson. But like you've said if there was info it would have come out by now. Looks like it's up to us now.

28 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

We are still missing half of our company to vote! Not bothering to vote and remaining quiet is not good for the town. At least voting can give us a clear position in which you stand and can help for future days. This is pretty fishy and I seriously doubt all those not voting are scum. Townies, vote! 

I was waiting to hear more from @KotZ. I mean joking aside, what's with this quote?

11 hours ago, KotZ said:

@KotZ your behavior is odd to say the least. Seeing that we're possibly not going to receive a investigative result, I'm going to...

Vote: Karai (KotZ)

Reasons? Mostly for giving insufficient reasoning for why he cast his vote for Barbossa, as well as somewhat dodging @fhomess question as to why he voted for Barbossa.

Oroku has dodged a lot of questions, including mine, the fact Chell was blocked on a no kill night is also something to note, although there are other factors that could explain that. Such as a successful block or the scum only killing on alternate nights. Plus Moody’s last post I mentioned earlier also looked a little dodgy, he seemed obsessed with getting rid of Oroku, too obsessed I think. 

3 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

To be fair, a town PR may want to see how the initial vote turns out before they reveal information, that way if a scum has been discovered they can see exactly they voted without them knowing they had been discovered. 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:03 PM, KotZ said:

Now this is interesting, I didn’t see this until now, why were you in contact with WW via PM? 

For now I’m going to Vote: Oroku Kirai (KotZ)

On 11/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, mostlytechnic said:

vote: oruku (kotz)

I'm voting for oruku since I blocked her last night and there weren't deaths.

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

playing WIFOM here

4 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Oroku has dodged a lot of questions, including mine, the fact Chell was blocked on a no kill night is also something to note, although there are other factors that could explain that. Such as a successful block or the scum only killing on alternate nights. Plus Moody’s last post I mentioned earlier also looked a little dodgy, he seemed obsessed with getting rid of Oroku, too obsessed I think.

Thinking out loud, playing WIFOM here. (I had to look that acronym up, new one on me but I like it. Inconceivable!)

Mad-Eye was scum. So, he probably called out (and voted) for town. Except that he knew we would expect that, so he might have called out scum, except that he knew we might expect that....

1) In the death throes, Mad-Eye called out Oroku and Superman. Then, he reiterated with a vote against Oroku, even when it was clear that that vote didn't matter in the slightest.
2) We expect scum to pretend to be town right up until they are dead. Mad-Eye did that, noting that his vote against Oroku was to "follow form" and not get penalty votes. But in reality, there was no reason for Mad-Eye to vote so late. It did not matter in the slightest. All it did was remind us of Oroku.
3) I think it's a ploy - that is, I think that Mad-Eye was trying to get us to lynch Oroku today. He made as big a deal out of it as possible yesterday, hoping we would think he was trying to hide a scum in plain sight.
4) As Superman noted, Mad-Eye is experienced in Mafia. I think the push against Oroku is an elaborate ploy to hide a different scum in plain sight. Superman. We lynch Oroku, she flips town, we ignore Superman, scum are happy.

Do I have any more evidence on this? No. But it is nagging at me.

----------------

Another thought: if we (the town) have a blocker, they had no reason to (publicly) counter Mad-Eye's claim yesterday, since the lynch formed quickly and decisively. Today, either 1) they actually did block Chell on night 2, or 2) they haven't seen any reason or any safe way to contest what I was told in PM.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, Bob said:

Hmmm. Well I obviously know how this looks for me with what I said yesterday in regards to Wonder Woman and others. Even though I voted for Moody, I still was extremely suspicious of Wonder Woman and her claims. 

I'm presuming that the scum went after her last night, presumably to try and silence the conduit between the investigator and the rest of the town. I'm sincerely hoping it wasn't the vigilante, despite how they might have felt about her. The one night kill means that someone didn't go out killing last night. It's possible that with 14 of us, a vigilante wasn't included as it might've made the game go faster if two people died every night. Then again, it's equally possible that Legolas was our vigilante and the scum got lucky on Night One. I'm hoping that Finn wasn't the vigilante and allowed himself to be lynched. 

There's ten of us left now. One scum is down. With fourteen players it's likely that there were at least three scum, probably four. Out of us ten, three are likely scum with seven of us town left, provided there isn't a neutral, but I doubt there is one in such a small game. I still have Barbossa on my list and Batgirl's suggestion that KotZ is scummy as well is equally viable. 

This really bothers me.  While I agree on the three or four scum with fourteen loyal cosplayers (baring any neutral), this information is usually discussed earlier during our parties.  With only one scum found that could mean three left; I don't like that possibility.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:14 PM, KotZ said:

Well this sucks we lost Wonder Woman. Addressing Batgirl's concerns, my issue with Wonder Woman was that she didn't know of the miller role. And you'll notice I ended up hitching myself to her after that was cleared up over the next few days, partially because of the Finn debacle. For complete transparency, I was in contact with Wonder Woman and she told me she was neutral, which I believed until we found the result of her death. I believe it's because I am/was under suspicion. Still, I believe she chose to trust me and told me of Moody's alignment before voting opened.

I was an early vote on Moody because I trusted Wonder Woman's message. If I was scum, I personally would not vote so early for a teammate.

This continues to bother me on both the why WW would contact you with vital information such as information from our investigator and the fact that she used the term neutral and then turns up town.  I am beginning to wonder now at your miller claim; although it makes sense that as loyal cosplayer you would give us this info day 1; it does not make sense that someone speaking for the investigator would trust you enough to contact you and give vital info.  I am now willing to believe you could in fact be scum and took the risk to claim miller and now your sitting back and watching it pay off.  You then would have to lynch Moody in order to continue to hide.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:19 PM, StickFig said:

Almost prescient there. @Lady K, you placed a safe vote against Mad-Eye on day 1. Maybe trying to gain distance from fellow scum?

OK, so I (and I assume most other townies) took this at face value before. Now we know that this is what the scum wanted us to think. Was jluck a vig kill? (Don't answer that, town vig or whoever else might know! I'm just trying to help everyone think.) More importantly, I heard it through the grapevine (in the PM I mentioned yesterday, thankfully no one has PMed me since then) that @fhomess is the scum killer. I don't know whether I believe it at all, but I want the information out there. At first I was afraid that scum told me so that I would out someone else, but I figure there are only a couple of options:

1) Chell is scum, in which case good riddance, or

2) The scum want me to think Chell is scum, and telling everyone that I was told Chell is the scum killer doesn't help them since the scum told me in the first place.

3) Chell is not scum, and someone in town is spreading the rumor that they are, because??? I can't figure out why.

Note that two of the three options are Chell is not scum, and that Chell and Mad-Eye have been antagonistic to each other throughout the game.

@Bob, I'm trying so hard not to meta-game here but you sound so, so so scummy. Was Mad-Eye just protecting you?

No.  Day 1 votes are always random. He is an experienced cosplayer so a vote on Day 1 against him made sense.

And here we have again a very questionable PM contact; none of your examples make sense from the point of someone telling you that Chell is the scum killer. :wacko:

On 11/27/2018 at 5:15 AM, StickFig said:

OK, I realize I was not as clear as I thought in my post: what I was told is that Chell was blocked on night 2, and since there were no kills night 2, she must be the scum killer. I am not accusing her as such (well, not directly), I'm just passing along what I have been told. I hope that the person who told me is now in contact with the real town block; in any case, this is not necessarily meant to start a mob against Chell, but to pass along an idea to the town block of who to investigate/block/etc if they haven't already figured this out. As I've said before, I don't expect the town block to trust me/let me into the block/PM me because as the miller I can't be properly cleared. But someone (I am hoping because of inexperience and not scummy-ness) sent me this PM and I want that information to not get lost.

Regardless, I am beginning to wonder if we even have a town vig. I have to assume that Wonder Woman was a scum kill (duh), and I don't think jluck (sorry, I can't even remember who he was cosplaying as) makes sense as a vig kill, so that's another scum kill. If Chell - or, if I'm being lied to, then whoever our blocker actually blocked on night 2 - is the scum killer, then we can take action. And we can look long and hard at who jluck voted for to see if there are any clues to why he was selected night 1.

Anyway, if Chell has been investigated, I want to know it. If the town blocker didn't block Chell on night 2, I want to know it. As I mentioned above, I think it's odd that Mad-Eye and Chell were so against one another if they were both scum.

This also doesn't it well with me.  Ok so you clarify that you were told Chell was blocked on night 2 so since no kills means Chell is the scum killer.  No it doesn't.  But why would someone contact you with this information?

Legolas was sadly killed on night 1; his vote would have been random like everyone else did.

If Chell has been investigated and cleared, then only Chell and the investigator need to know this.  If the real town block (sounds like we still have two different ones) feels we need to know something, then they will tell us.  Asking equals fishing for info and looks scummy.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:01 AM, Bob said:

Believing what I'm saying to be scummy isn't metagaming. I'm admitting that what I said yesterday was scummy because I didn't fully trust an investigator. 

Unknown why Moody was trying to cast suspicion on me yesterday. I don't have a power role if that's what the scum are concerned about. 

Strange way to put this; if you are really town then that alone would concern the scum as those without PR still have the power of voting.  And you know this.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:07 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

Well to get the ball rolling with I will Vote: Oroku Karai (Kotz) for being a almost all of the time band was and not giving very good reasoning for his votes. Particular day 2. Moody voting for him doesn't sit well with me either. Also we are still missing people's voices today.

@Lady K @Rider Raider 

We would love to hear from you two. I would especially want to hear more from the doctor Brown as I am a little suspicious of his middle grounded thoughts. 

Sorry for the delay; long day(s) time traveling.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, KotZ said:

This sounds like something the scum would say to get out of being lynched.  Reasons of your own for Barbossa to be scum?

19 hours ago, fhomess said:

Agreed on Barbossa and Oroku probably not both being scum.  Joker has been coasting through on his wackiness.  I don't take anything from the fact that he didn't unvote Moody on Day 2.  He didn't say a word the rest of the day.  Maybe he was concentrating on a good pirate prank against you.

I just noticed that Batgirl's earlier vote on Day 2 was against the Joker after the Joker voted for Moody.  I don't recall thinking much of it at the time, but now that we know Moody was indeed scum, it looks a bit suspect.

I agree the Day 1 "bandwagon" wasn't you following.  The fact that it was a throwaway vote actually makes me more suspicious of you because you really weren't trying to do anything with that vote.  In fact, none of your votes appear to have any substance behind them.  Ok, fair enough, the Finn and Moody votes were a bit self selecting.  However, the Finn vote wasn't when you unvoted - you waited till Finn had really gone crazy.  It loos a lot like you were waiting to see which way the wind blew so you could vote out whichever townie ended up being the lynch of choice.  You didn't bother to tell us who you were suspicious of and you haven't done so this entire convention.

Glad there's nothing serious going on.

Just long days in the space/time continuum.  

19 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

So what's on the menu?

Care to give a little more reason to your thoughts on who you think is suspicious?  Also no one is innocent until cleared by the investigator; and I disagree, I don't think that Doc Brown has explained himself well at all; except with regards to time travel in which he is quite knowledgeable. 

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

Ok.  So I am getting a very scummy vibe from this.  In essence you are saying you are town and Barbossa is scum and we should just believe it?

17 hours ago, StickFig said:

Mine is not fluff (keeping in character for our cosplay); read RL answer to Chell's questioning of my absence, 

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Current Vote Count:

This is how scum win by dividing our votes for a no lynch.  Not good fellow cosplayers; we need to unite on a vote.

16 hours ago, KotZ said:

And again you state your town and expect us to believe it.  This seals it for my vote.

12 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I don't think that's particularly suspicious though. Yes Moody was scum (which I obviously didn't know at the time), but the Joker's vote for him seemed weak, it had been copied word for word with very little other reasoning other than what others have said. So my vote on the Joker wasn't to do with the person he voted for, but rather the way he voted for them. 

This doesn't sit well with me, playing WIFOM here, but Moody knew he was going to flip scum, so is this an attempt to make Oruku look town? As I mentioned before Otaku's easy vote for WW didn't sit well with me, and I would definitely think she was scum out of her and Barabossa.

I have seen this tactic at other parties before.

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

Thinking out loud, playing WIFOM here. (I had to look that acronym up, new one on me but I like it. Inconceivable!)

Mad-Eye was scum. So, he probably called out (and voted) for town. Except that he knew we would expect that, so he might have called out scum, except that he knew we might expect that....

1) In the death throes, Mad-Eye called out Oroku and Superman. Then, he reiterated with a vote against Oroku, even when it was clear that that vote didn't matter in the slightest.
2) We expect scum to pretend to be town right up until they are dead. Mad-Eye did that, noting that his vote against Oroku was to "follow form" and not get penalty votes. But in reality, there was no reason for Mad-Eye to vote so late. It did not matter in the slightest. All it did was remind us of Oroku.
3) I think it's a ploy - that is, I think that Mad-Eye was trying to get us to lynch Oroku today. He made as big a deal out of it as possible yesterday, hoping we would think he was trying to hide a scum in plain sight.
4) As Superman noted, Mad-Eye is experienced in Mafia. I think the push against Oroku is an elaborate ploy to hide a different scum in plain sight. Superman. We lynch Oroku, she flips town, we ignore Superman, scum are happy.

----------------

Another thought: if we (the town) have a blocker, they had no reason to (publicly) counter Mad-Eye's claim yesterday, since the lynch formed quickly and decisively. Today, either 1) they actually did block Chell on night 2, or 2) they haven't seen any reason or any safe way to contest what I was told in PM.

Yes this could happen also; I have seen it during my time travels.  So which is it?  Oroku innocent or guilty scum.  I am choosing scum due to the postings of continuing to declare loyal cosplayer and just expecting us to take her word for it.  Seems similar to what Mad-Eye did in the end.

So I will vote:

Vote:  Oroku Kirai (KotZ)

Sorry for my absence; I hope tomorrow will be better for me with less time spent traveling the depths of space/time.

If my calculations are correct then we are still missing two votes and we are one vote short of today's lynch.  This is what the scum want; to divide us.  

Where are the Clown and Doc Brown?

Well looks like we might go into the next dawn with a no lynch. I don't think this was the best outcome for the day but not much we can do now. I would also like to mention directly @Asphalt and @Rider Raider for not bothering to vote today. Not doing so is in no way shape or solid a helpful thing for the town. My suspicions grow on these two because of their lack of a vote. Hope we come into day 5 no worse off then we leave off today. 

19 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

So are you the jester now? :wacko: :laugh:

No.

8 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

I was waiting to hear more from @KotZ. I mean joking aside, what's with this quote?

@KotZ your behavior is odd to say the least. Seeing that we're possibly not going to receive a investigative result, I'm going to...

Vote: Karai (KotZ)

Reasons? Mostly for giving insufficient reasoning for why he cast his vote for Barbossa, as well as somewhat dodging @fhomess question as to why he voted for Barbossa.

I made that because I am town and unfortunately cannot prove it unless an investigator or a spokesperson speaks up, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't investigated, and I'm pretty sure if I survive today I'll be taken out by scum or vigilante. I am vanilla town and only have my vote.

5 hours ago, Tariq j said:

To be fair, a town PR may want to see how the initial vote turns out before they reveal information, that way if a scum has been discovered they can see exactly they voted without them knowing they had been discovered. 

Now this is interesting, I didn’t see this until now, why were you in contact with WW via PM? 

2 hours ago, Lady K said:

This really bothers me.  While I agree on the three or four scum with fourteen loyal cosplayers (baring any neutral), this information is usually discussed earlier during our parties.  With only one scum found that could mean three left; I don't like that possibility.

This continues to bother me on both the why WW would contact you with vital information such as information from our investigator and the fact that she used the term neutral and then turns up town.  I am beginning to wonder now at your miller claim; although it makes sense that as loyal cosplayer you would give us this info day 1; it does not make sense that someone speaking for the investigator would trust you enough to contact you and give vital info.  I am now willing to believe you could in fact be scum and took the risk to claim miller and now your sitting back and watching it pay off.  You then would have to lynch Moody in order to continue to hide.

No.  Day 1 votes are always random. He is an experienced cosplayer so a vote on Day 1 against him made sense.

And here we have again a very questionable PM contact; none of your examples make sense from the point of someone telling you that Chell is the scum killer. :wacko:

This also doesn't it well with me.  Ok so you clarify that you were told Chell was blocked on night 2 so since no kills means Chell is the scum killer.  No it doesn't.  But why would someone contact you with this information?

Legolas was sadly killed on night 1; his vote would have been random like everyone else did.

If Chell has been investigated and cleared, then only Chell and the investigator need to know this.  If the real town block (sounds like we still have two different ones) feels we need to know something, then they will tell us.  Asking equals fishing for info and looks scummy.

Strange way to put this; if you are really town then that alone would concern the scum as those without PR still have the power of voting.  And you know this.

Sorry for the delay; long day(s) time traveling.

This sounds like something the scum would say to get out of being lynched.  Reasons of your own for Barbossa to be scum?

Just long days in the space/time continuum.  

Care to give a little more reason to your thoughts on who you think is suspicious?  Also no one is innocent until cleared by the investigator; and I disagree, I don't think that Doc Brown has explained himself well at all; except with regards to time travel in which he is quite knowledgeable. 

Ok.  So I am getting a very scummy vibe from this.  In essence you are saying you are town and Barbossa is scum and we should just believe it?

Mine is not fluff (keeping in character for our cosplay); read RL answer to Chell's questioning of my absence, 

This is how scum win by dividing our votes for a no lynch.  Not good fellow cosplayers; we need to unite on a vote.

And again you state your town and expect us to believe it.  This seals it for my vote.

I have seen this tactic at other parties before.

Yes this could happen also; I have seen it during my time travels.  So which is it?  Oroku innocent or guilty scum.  I am choosing scum due to the postings of continuing to declare loyal cosplayer and just expecting us to take her word for it.  Seems similar to what Mad-Eye did in the end.

So I will vote:

Sorry for my absence; I hope tomorrow will be better for me with less time spent traveling the depths of space/time.

I reached out to Wonder Woman, she did not come to me. I reached out when Finn started his wild accusations, and I told Wonder Woman in the PM I hoped she was neutral or town because I was allying with her after I revenge voted Finn and she was questioning him in the day thread. There wasn't much to go on and we were concerned the scum would go after her. The last thing she told me was her info she recieved from a source on Moody being scum. That's why I jumped in right when voting opened and after Wonder Woman started the vote.

Also sorry for the delay in posting, I had a busy day this morning.

One more vote is all we need to secure a lynch for today.  This late in our cosplay,  a no lynch will really hurt town tomorrow.

I do find those with still voting single suspicious and will look at them a little more closely tomorrow.  If there is a good reason we should not lynch Oroku then it should have been brought up earlier otherwise these single votes are a waste and ultimately hurt town.

Sorry guys, you have no idea how busy the middle school teacher life has been this week.  Please read nothing into my absence.  I will throw in my chip and 

I really do apologize if my absence the last couple of days has hurt the game.  Not my intention, but wow did my schedule kick it up a notch this week and the kids have been nuts. 

Current Vote Count:

Oroku Kirai (KotZ) 6 Votes (Khscarymovie4, Bob, Legomonorailfan, Tariq j, Lady K, Asphalt)

With ten players remaining it takes a majority of 6 to lynch. 2 hours remain. A reminder that not voting will result in a vote-penalty.

7 hours ago, StickFig said:

----------------

So clearly we can not trust the cup in front of you....:grin: